The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jan 26, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #6,181 of 6,845
Oh I wish I could have the R3Pro while waiting for the DX150 to sell. But I'm waiting for it to sell before I get one xD. What others are you looking at other than the R3Pro?

Yea same here, I'm waiting to sell my DX150 first, or at least take a listen to an R3 Pro.
Seems like there are no shops that currently have it up on display =/

I'm currently also looking at the Fiio M9; main reason being that my FIBAE ME uses 2.5mm and I would prefer not to recable.
I can't seem to find any other players with 2.5mm input that have similar size/weight to the R3 Pro.

I've also recently been looking at the M11 since I've only heard good rumors about it + it has both 2.5mm and 4.4mm input, but its pretty much the same size/weight as the DX150 so would sort of defeat the purpose of getting a new player.

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #6,182 of 6,845
Yea same here, I'm waiting to sell my DX150 first, or at least take a listen to an R3 Pro.
Seems like there are no shops that currently have it up on display =/

I'm currently also looking at the Fiio M9; main reason being that my FIBAE ME uses 2.5mm and I would prefer not to recable.
I can't seem to find any other players with 2.5mm input that have similar size/weight to the R3 Pro.

I've also recently been looking at the M11 since I've only heard good rumors about it + it has both 2.5mm and 4.4mm input, but its pretty much the same size/weight as the DX150 so would sort of defeat the purpose of getting a new player.
Yeah I'm wanting to keep balanced as an option. I can't really demo where I live, in Australia. But I'm pretty set on the R3Pro. I regret getting rid of my AP80 Dx. Are you trying to sell your DX150 here?

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #6,183 of 6,845
Yeah I'm wanting to keep balanced as an option. I can't really demo where I live, in Australia. But I'm pretty set on the R3Pro. I regret getting rid of my AP80 Dx. Are you trying to sell your DX150 here?

Ah I also considered the HIDIZ AP80 Pro, but after seeing the AP80, it's a bit too small for my liking. The build is really nice though, just want a bigger screen.

Nope, trying to sell my DX150 directly to the shop that I plan to buy my R3 Pro.
I can probably get a bit more out of it if I put it up on an auction site or on headfi, but shipping and the time it would take to sell is too much of a hassle for me.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #6,184 of 6,845
Ah I also considered the HIDIZ AP80 Pro, but after seeing the AP80, it's a bit too small for my liking. The build is really nice though, just want a bigger screen.

Nope, trying to sell my DX150 directly to the shop that I plan to buy my R3 Pro.
I can probably get a bit more out of it if I put it up on an auction site or on headfi, but shipping and the time it would take to sell is too much of a hassle for me.
Which shop?

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #6,185 of 6,845
Which shop?

e-earphone, it's one of the bigger audio shops in Japan.
They had a demo R3 and R6 when it came out so pretty sure they will have the R3 Pro as well.

Feb 16, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #6,186 of 6,845
if you have problem with OTA or custom FW.
Hi there, I was trying to update my R3 but failed. None of the versions (3.4) worked, neither original nor custom. The player asks to insert the TF card. I tried the cn version but it reads there are no fw files. Please help me out. I updated the player by OTA but I need to install key-setting.conf to play songs automatically after turning on the player.
UPD.
OTA only installs v.2.1. After downloading v3.4 it reads "Checksum errors" and does not install it. 've tried 4 times and failed.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #6,187 of 6,845
Hi there, I was trying to update my R3 but failed. None of the versions (3.4) worked, neither original nor custom. The player asks to insert the TF card. I tried the cn version but it reads there are no fw files. Please help me out. I updated the player by OTA but I need to install key-setting.conf to play songs automatically after turning on the player.
UPD.
OTA only installs v.2.1. After downloading v3.4 it reads "Checksum errors" and does not install it. 've tried 4 times and failed.

Have you unzipped the .upt file and put THAT directly onto a card ?

Feb 17, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #6,188 of 6,845
Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #6,189 of 6,845
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...e-dac-r3-pro-on-sale-now.872288/post-15300999 is not zipped. The link downloads r3.upt file which is not zipped.
Do you have a file which is zipped?

What size is your file, it could be that your download is getting interrupted and corrupted?

1582033445694.png

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #6,190 of 6,845
It's the same size. I've downloaded it 5 or 6 times. May be this file is corrupted.
Is there a website where I can download a zip file?
P.S.
I've managed to install 3.4 by OTA. How can I add key_settings.conf to get the player start playing after turning it on automatically?

Attachments

• r3.upt image.jpg
    r3.upt image.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #6,191 of 6,845
To Snoopy112
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help. Everything worked out.:relaxed:

Feb 19, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #6,192 of 6,845
Hey everyone! I'm currently running Snoopy's 3.4 build and when I just went to go rescan my SD card/rebuild the database, it consistently gets stuck at the same file index. Has anyone experienced this before?

- I've reset the device to factory defaults; no change (unsurprisingly)
- I've mounted the drive and via some bash-fu, iterated through the directories/folders and attempted to find the file at the index it stops at, but no luck. It is obviously iterating or scanning over files in a different order/pattern than I am :frowning2:
- Deleted any recently added music; no luck
- Rebooting is the only thing I can do once it hits this snag

There are no logs or debug info so i'm kind of out of ideas, short of reformatting the SD card and recopying everything. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas before I just go ahead and do that?

Feb 19, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #6,193 of 6,845
There are no logs or debug info

You can create empty text file debug_info.txt in the root of SD card and check it after scanning which file cause stuck.

Feb 23, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #6,194 of 6,845
Out of curiosity wgat other daps come similar to the r3 pro currently in sound performance. And close to portability oh and price point? I wanna buy one but no where has them that i can see? I was looking into the x20 still and the m2x. But worried i wont find something as refined and punchy as the r3 pro sounds like it will be. Oh and the bt on the m2x and x20 is 4.2 where pro is 5. Another reason for me looking into the pro was using tws bt iems for riding.

Feb 23, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #6,195 of 6,845
Hey everyone. I usually just lurk in here :p.

I have a Schiit Jotunheim that I am planning on selling and replacing with a portable set up.
I'm thinking of Hiby R3 +Fiio A5 and my Aeon Flows C. I would be using the Hiby and A5 with my PC as well (to replace the Jot) whenever I'm playing games.
Most music is in FLAC and will be on the R3 (or R3 Pro)

What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back