The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 16, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #5,372 of 6,853
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 16, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #5,373 of 6,853
everyone has R3 says its warm DAP, but my R3 sound bright as ***!!
sure im using mostly bright earphones...but still..

i think i got bad batch from kickstarter, wounder if hiby will accept return or fix after all this time.. :frowning2:

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #5,380 of 6,853
Compared to my Shanling M5s, I swear the R3 gives the Mezes more of an added treble boost it needs.
Overall, the R3 and the Meze Classics make for a splendid combination. :o2smile:

A6500666.JPG

A6500673.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #5,382 of 6,853
I bought my R3 while in China - works a treat --- except when using as a DAC to my Mac i get klicks --- is there something i am missing in settings? it is as if in DAC mode to little data is buffered. no such issues when playing from the SD card, or streaming from tidal. @Joe Bloggs any ideas?

Apr 17, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #5,383 of 6,853

i think i got bad batch from kickstarter, wounder if hiby will accept return or fix after all this time.. :frowning2:
What IEM do you use?
because I have doubts about output impedance of the R3 not being what Hiby stated but much higher. I asked many times the question, never answered... I was using Andromeda and the synergy was bad,kind of sound you have from high impedance device...

Apr 17, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #5,384 of 6,853
What IEM do you use?
because I have doubts about output impedance of the R3 not being what Hiby stated but much higher. I asked many times the question, never answered... I was using Andromeda and the synergy was bad,kind of sound you have from high impedance device...

I'm experiencing exactly the same with Andromeda. No way R3 have 1 ohm (if i'm not wrong, it's what hiby stated) on HO Single Ended, balanced is even worse (for Adromeda's). I mainly use R3 as transport for Mojo, but at least the times I used it as DAP i really don't think it's warm sounding, based on my references and current IEMs (see my signature plus Q5, that i have no more), R3 is balanced with a little tendencies to bright, almost mild V depending of IEMs (Oriolus for example, becomes a little more bassy and bright, more towards V compared with Mojo). Andromeda's is a complete different IEM, the most source/eartip dependent of my IEMs by far.

Apr 17, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #5,385 of 6,853

What IEM do you use?

I'm experiencing exactly the same with Andromeda. No way R3 have 1 ohm (if i'm not wrong, it's what hiby stated) on HO Single Ended, balanced is even worse (for Adromeda's). I mainly use R3 as transport for Mojo, but at least the times I used it as DAP i really don't think it's warm sounding, based on my references and current IEMs (see my signature plus Q5, that i have no more), R3 is balanced with a little tendencies to bright, almost mild V depending of IEMs (Oriolus for example, becomes a little more bassy and bright, more towards V compared with Mojo). Andromeda's is a complete different IEM, the most source/eartip dependent of my IEMs by far.

Having personally electrically tested the output impedance of the R3 I have no reason to doubt HiBy's assertion that it is somewhere under 1 ohm. It is certainly nowhere near the 10 of the R6.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back