The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Aug 13, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #3,976 of 6,853
Cheers Mouseman.

FYI @Joe Bloggs

I found that all our comments on issues with the R3 were lost in the thread and unknown whether Hiby were taking note or rectifying. So started this list to keep up to date when Hiby does come back to the thread.

List continues. Additions by various members

1. Option to turn off Top and bottom swipe features
2. When resuming to last track played from shutdown,Swiping back goes to that particular songs album list rather than the root of all files list.
3. When choosing a track to play to go to the full play screen rather than stay in the list.
4. LDAC
5. fix characters for åø樨 etc created with external playlist
6. upload folder on wifi
7. Quick search in playlist. General search function?
8. Resume from previous song/position after shutdown/charging. Buggy in shutdown/charging cycle.
9. Ability to delete folders in the files menu whose name contains an apostrophe
10. normal keyboard if possible. i used to have a kickstarter Omate smartwatch with a tiny 1.x' display with a full qwerty keyboard, this is far bigger and a full keyboard can be easily added.
11. Make the second menu bar (All-Files-Abums-Artists-Genres) 50% wider to make it easier to hit, also the list symbol (after opening "Genres")
I keep having difficulties touching those menu items
12. Add a "neutral" digital signal processing option
13. Shuffle doesn't seem to be fixed on my unit yet, it sometimes keeps playing some songs much more often than others
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual.
16. mini samba server .If pos.
17. Back button hard to activate. Interfered with by drop down . See #1
18. Embedded Lyrics to show. Info on how?
19.Odd stuttering when track list moved
20.Option to flip FWD REV buttons.
21. Option to deactivate on screen volume control. Hiby has three options to control Volume which really is too much.Buttons ,GUI and swipe up.
22. Sort out Hiby link crashing.

Anybody else have any additions to the list?

23. A quick toggle to enable and disable MSEB, or an option added to the context menu on the now playing screen (there is already one for the normal equalizer).
24. A 'View Artist' option in the context menu on the now playing screen.
25. The ability to start a radio station from an artist or track in Tidal, like is available on the platform natively.

Also echoing the other comments for proper DLNA implementation (ability to render on the device itself) and getting rid of the fullscreen volume UI (very obtrusive and annoying).

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #3,977 of 6,853
getting rid of the fullscreen volume UI (very obtrusive and annoying).

THIS a million times. I can't stand it, it should be an overlay. I use the onscreen controls now so it doesn't take over my screen.

Also, a longer press to turn on lyrics, or a toggle. Every tap on middle of the screen puts up "no lyrics".

Oh my wish list, after they make the HiBy app more stable, is a simple Apple watch complication so I can control music from my wrist when the R3 is in my pocket.

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #3,978 of 6,853
Are you sure Joe Bloggs - who was working on documentation efforts including LDAC and user manual - is still working at Hiby? Rumour says he quit Hiby due health reasons a few weeks back.

It does open into the last played song. Set it in "Settings/Plat settings/Resume play from last" set to track. Though buggy when charging/shutdown cycle.
Led's are set for Codec played and this is what Hiby has chosen for their range of players. Dont think they would change that.
I would set the Shutdown timer to save power.

FYI @Joe Bloggs

I found that all our comments on issues with the R3 were lost in the thread and unknown whether Hiby were taking note or rectifying. So started this list to keep up to date when Hiby does come back to the thread.

2. When resuming to last track played from shutdown,Swiping back goes to that particular songs album list rather than the root of all files list.
3. When choosing a track to play to go to the full play screen rather than stay in the list.
4. LDAC
6. upload folder on wifi
8. Resume from previous song/position after shutdown/charging. Buggy in shutdown/charging cycle.
9. Ability to delete folders in the files menu whose name contains an apostrophe
10. normal keyboard if possible. i used to have a kickstarter Omate smartwatch with a tiny 1.x' display with a full qwerty keyboard, this is far bigger and a full keyboard can be easily added.
11. Make the second menu bar (All-Files-Abums-Artists-Genres) 50% wider to make it easier to hit, also the list symbol (after opening "Genres")
13. Shuffle doesn't seem to be fixed on my unit yet, it sometimes keeps playing some songs much more often than others
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual.

Aug 14, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #3,980 of 6,853
Hi,
I'm really surprised nobody wants the obvious feature of displaying music by album-artist. Please hiby! It's strange to see bands like daft punk multiple times because of all the featurings.
Thanks a lot!
I second this! So frustrating to see 10 songs listed for a single album! Album Artist view would be great!

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #3,981 of 6,853
I second this! So frustrating to see 10 songs listed for a single album! Album Artist view would be great!

I had asked Joe before for the Album Artist but nothing happened.
Thats pretty much why i started the list.
All our hot air is being wasted on the forum if comments/changes/bugs are lost.
I've emailed support at Hiby.
Lets see how much they want our backing and money.
I like the stuff they make . Ive had the R6 which was really nice apart from the Wifi issue.
Now just with the R3 I want a few things sorted.
If they fade then so will my choice in DAP.

Aug 14, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #3,982 of 6,853
I would add:
- Artist - Album list, something like

Michael Bolton - Greatest Hits
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Michael Jackson - Bad
Michael Jackson - Dangerous
Michael SomeSurname - Some Album

Etc

- ability to add the same song multiple times to a playlist

For example, for Judas Priest Firepower album I want to listen to my favorite song "No Surrender" every 3 - 4 songs, like this

* 1. "No Surrender"
2. "Firepower" 3:27
3. "Lightning Strike" 3:29
4. "Evil Never Dies" 4:23
5. "Never the Heroes" 4:23
* 6. "No Surrender"
7. "Necromancer" 3:33
8. "Children of the Sun" 4:00
9. "Guardians" (Instrumental) 1:06
* 10. "No Surrender"
11. "Rising from Ruins" 5:23
12. "Flame Thrower" 4:34
13. "Spectre" 4:24
14. "Traitors Gate" 5:43
* 15. "No Surrender" 2:54
13. "Lone Wolf" 5:09
14. "Sea of Red" 5:51
* 16. "No Surrender"

but currently it does not accept "No Surrender" except the first time, on next addition gives error and does not add the song

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #3,983 of 6,853
@Vimtoman
I'd like an option to remember the Sleep timer setting. I use it daily and always have to do a whole routine to reactivate it.

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #3,984 of 6,853
FYI @Joe Bloggs or Anybody @HIBY

4. LDAC
6. upload folder on wifi
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual.
19.Odd stuttering when track list moved
21. Option to deactivate on screen volume control. Hiby has three options to control Volume which really is too much.Buttons ,GUI and swipe up.
23. A quick toggle to enable and disable MSEB, or an option added to the context menu on the now playing screen (there is already one for the normal equalizer).
25. The ability to start a radio station from an artist or track in Tidal, like is available on the platform natively.
25. Audio book podcast facility
26.Shuffle mode to have resume track position.
27. Option to have auto start track on powerup.
28. Timer setting saved.

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #3,985 of 6,853
Edited phrasing of 19!

FYI @Joe Bloggs or anyone from Hiby

4. LDAC
6. upload folder on wifi
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual.
19.Odd playback stuttering when scrolling through track list
25. Audio book podcast facility
26.Shuffle mode to have resume track position.
27. Option to have auto start track on powerup.
28. Timer setting saved.

Aug 15, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #3,986 of 6,853
Another update of the R3-Mojo housing.
I had to learn some more about the Fusion 360 design program to solve the remaining issues, but I think I have a working solution!y
Prototype is being printed now. The 2 halves snap together, fit should finally be just right, and the breakouts are giving good access to all ports.

32C3FAEA-43B3-42F4-9311-EA18DB6D143E.png DF3E535C-153C-4D10-AB61-AC6D43E31E82.png 75D14DB8-3D60-411E-9E7A-79CC45728F39.png

Aug 15, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #3,987 of 6,853
Hi everyone I have just purchased this device! Would like to check if the scroll bar on the side supports dragging (like click and dragging the scroll bar on a computer) to quickly scroll through a list especially in folder view? Thanks!

Aug 15, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #3,988 of 6,853
Another update of the R3-Mojo housing.
I had to learn some more about the Fusion 360 design program to solve the remaining issues, but I think I have a working solution!y
Prototype is being printed now. The 2 halves snap together, fit should finally be just right, and the breakouts are giving good access to all ports.

Looks great.
bit of advice.
add small hole on each grip/clamp mech to release.

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #3,989 of 6,853
I just received the Hiby R3. Its charging for 15 minutes now. When i try to turn it on, the screen stays dark. I can see the shadow of the Hiby Symbol and the USB symbol while charging.

Is the screen defective? The player itself is working and windows is also showing it in the file explorer. But no light and no colors show up on the R3. Im not Rambo but i can see the that the blue light indicator is lit and i guess the accu is already loaded.

This is very sad. Now the player is out of stock in the EU shops.

Difficult to make a picture from the greenish shadow. This is the volume symbol:

IMG_E3542.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #3,990 of 6,853
What are you charging it with? You should not have a USB icon but a battery charging icon.
It looks like its in USB mode.
unplug the USB cable and hold the power button for 10 to 15 sec to hard reset.
See if it powers up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back