The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 19, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #3,738 of 6,853
+1

@estreeter I'm guessing you're a Boss fan (based off your username and icon), and musicteck.com is based in NJ... and Springsteen comes from NJ... Just pointing out a connection.

I've actually lost interest in NJ (the Sopranos didnt help... besides, the Boss actually recorded most of his albums in NYC or LA fwiw) and now I'm more interested in Brooklyn, I just seem to stumble across YT sites where the uploader has the Brooklyn Bridge in the background or - better yet - drives a vintage musclecar around the less salubrious parts of the city. I know Brooklyn isnt considered cool for Manhattanites but from an outsiders POV, it looks like an interesting place.

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #3,739 of 6,853
I've actually lost interest in NJ (the Sopranos didnt help... besides, the Boss actually recorded most of his albums in NYC or LA fwiw) and now I'm more interested in Brooklyn, I just seem to stumble across YT sites where the uploader has the Brooklyn Bridge in the background or - better yet - drives a vintage musclecar around the less salubrious parts of the city. I know Brooklyn isnt considered cool for Manhattanites but from an outsiders POV, it looks like an interesting place.

Was out there ‘73/74 I think hitching back home from Miami up thru NY & north.

Stayed somewhere around Patterson or Nutley NJ think it was & spent some time in NY & thing that stuck in my mind the most was seeing the Workd Trade Centres teaching up past all the other skyscrapers in that mass of concrete & steel in Manhattan.

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #3,740 of 6,853

Is it me or Shanling L2 microb cable sounds crisper/ brighter and more defined at the low end?

Hiby their coax cable sounds overly warm to me with the HD650 and Mojo as they sound towards the warm side themselves.

Nice to have Shanling L2 cable to go against the rest of my setup to level out the sound.

Happy with it now.

I am having a similar impression, that the R3/Mojo stack sounds clearer and better defined with the L2 cable.
Crisper, yes. Brighter? I would use the term "clearer". The steel guitar strings in Chris Jones "Long After You're Gone" have clearly more bite and sparkle. His voice also has better clarity.

Thanks for pointing that out - after double checking it's actually pretty obvious and I prefer the L2 micro-USB over the Coax.

Jul 19, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #3,741 of 6,853
I am having a similar impression, that the R3/Mojo stack sounds clearer and better defined with the L2 cable.
Crisper, yes. Brighter? I would use the term "clearer". The steel guitar strings in Chris Jones "Long After You're Gone" have clearly more bite and sparkle. His voice also has better clarity.

Thanks for pointing that out - after double checking it's actually pretty obvious and I prefer the L2 micro-USB over the Coax.
Hmmm, I've been using coax after first using USB and thought I couldn't tell a difference. I shall have to put USB back on my iDSD Micro BL and do some comparisons.

Jul 19, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #3,742 of 6,853
Hmmm, I've been using coax after first using USB and thought I couldn't tell a difference. I shall have to put USB back on my iDSD Micro BL and do some comparisons.

Please report back when you have a conclusion!
It may not be the cable but the choice of signal port on the Mojo that makes the difference, and your impressions from the iDSD Micro could shed light on that!

Cheers!

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #3,743 of 6,853

Anyone tried FiiO's cable (FiiO CL06 Type C to Micro USB OTG Cable)?
Just curious how it compares to Shanling L2.

Jul 19, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #3,744 of 6,853
Jul 19, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #3,745 of 6,853
Please report back when you have a conclusion!
It may not be the cable but the choice of signal port on the Mojo that makes the difference, and your impressions from the iDSD Micro could shed light on that!

Cheers!
I think the Mojo would have been a better match for my DT1770s. Anyway, I cannot get the HD 820s off my mind. God help me...

Jul 19, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #3,746 of 6,853
So it's finally available retail, eh? Just picked up an NW-A45 too. Guess I'll wait until the firmware bugs have been sorted out before taking the plunge.

I remember reading on the Kickstarter page that LDAC was going to be implemented as soon as Sony gave the green light. Has that happened yet?

This was from Joe Bloggs yesterday @ 4:30pm

Great news!

LDAC is being tested in beta firmware in China and will be announced soon, as soon as some last bugs are squished. We got the LDAC certificate from Sony at the end of last month so are finally free to talk about it, thank god. On the other hand we are a bit miffed that a *certain* competitor has been advertising and giving off LDAC capability in public despite showing off a certificate from Sony last month that is dated only a few days earlier than the one we got last month (something else they're not supposed to do, as the certificate has "confidential" stamped right on it...)

:fingers_crossed:

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #3,747 of 6,853
when restarting the R3 from shutdown it goes to the last track played.Which is great.

Problem is when you swipe left to the album list it's not . It goes back to the root of all tracks.

Could you make it so that the swip back goes into the Album list please.

...seconded. Also it forgets the last track & position if you charge the player.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back