The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 29, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #3,076 of 6,859
Does a cheap mojo exist? I don’t think I’ve seen even a slightly discounted one yet!
lol...i wish it did its still expensive

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #3,077 of 6,859
Just took a look over at the Facebook Hiby group. People there are equally upset about Hiby's performance with regard to the R3 shipping. The consensus there also is that Hiby simply created shipping labels without actually shipping anything. As actual products do appear to be trickling out to some customers the whole thing has left a bad taste. And Hiby themselves have gone completely silent. What a shame.

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #3,078 of 6,859
Ha i bet you were so disappointed with that ..i hate when i buy new gear it does not work

Yep this was the first portable electronics purchase that I’ve made and the unit was bricked. I’ve had some problems before but they were usually solved with a reflashing tool or customer service fixed the issue.

I could look at it but not use it lol.

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #3,079 of 6,859
It is a shame as I guess they have been held up by the companies that are manufacturing the stuff for them.
They are probably as frustrated at the situation themselves.
Hiby probably booked all the DHL in anticipation that they where going to receive the units and were let down.
Thats my guess.

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #3,082 of 6,859
It is a shame as I guess they have been held up by the companies that are manufacturing the stuff for them.
They are probably as frustrated at the situation themselves.
Hiby probably booked all the DHL in anticipation that they where going to receive the units and were let down.
Thats my guess.

If something like that happened, why they don't tell us? Open and honest communication are the magic words.

I've ordered a grey R3 without leathercase and still nothing after 9 days... HiBy ignores every question about shipping.

That's not how to run a business, except you want to damage your own reputation, well done HiBy.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #3,084 of 6,859
I was under the impression that the r3 was released first to the Chinese domestic market to help iron out any bugs in the firmware? (I know the Chinese version doesn’t get steaming) Yet this thread seems to indicate that isn’t quite the whole truth!

Jun 30, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #3,085 of 6,859
The bugs are mostly minor and mostly related to steaming via tidal. I'm using it without tidal without any major issues. Only gap less isn't perfectly gapless. Otherwise it has been great.

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #3,086 of 6,859
If something like that happened, why they don't tell us? Open and honest communication are the magic words.

I've ordered a grey R3 without leathercase and still nothing after 9 days... HiBy ignores every question about shipping.

That's not how to run a business, except you want to damage your own reputation, well done HiBy.

Small business's especially ones that rely on crowd funding have problems controlling the situation.

I'm funding one at the moment and I thought it was one year but just checked and it's two years now.

So Hiby is not really a big deal. They are actually quite quick on supplying on their promise.

Think about the price your getting the item for ,what you are getting for the price.

It's a good deal.

Jun 30, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #3,087 of 6,859
Sorry, but that's not their first campaign, if they can't handle the situation now and don't see the need for proper communication they are in the wrong business.

They missed the deadline end of May, messed up the shipping, tell the customers all items shipped and nothing happens, ignore questions about shipping/delay.

They start the same bs like Trinity Audio: all items shipped, than nothing happens, only excuses.

These crooks of TAE still owe me 130GBP since more than a year.

Once bitten, ...

Jun 30, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #3,088 of 6,859
Thank you for using DHL and bringing this matter to our attention.

Our tracing system indicated that the waybill has been just made in website and printed, but no picked-up status in the system.

I suggest contacting the shipper to make sure whether the package has been sent or not used the waybill number 570629#77# or not, please.

In consideration that the parcel was sent from Hong Kong, instead of China mainland, please kindly contact Hong Kong DHL Customer service hotline 852-2400 3388 for further help.

You can also contact Hong Kong DHL through network: http://www.dhl.com.hk/sc/contact_center/contact_express.html

Hope above information would be helpful.
So there we have it folks .... most of us will not be getting the player bought and paid for ..... Probably for another 1,2 weeks ...... Thanks so much for this fantastic experience HiBy..... So FUC##ng happy So this has been this way since the 22 of June What a ****#ng joke.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back