The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 28, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #2,897 of 6,857
Thx, I’m sure we’re not far apart in years or collective experiences & shared musical choices as well & you’re right about the Davie’s boys!

Good thing you made it but might be a good idea to pay Mother Nature a tad more respect to keep your hide safe from her wrath during the coming storm seasons just to be in the safe side!

I lived in FLA years ago & was lucky enough. It to experience a hurricane but one tornado going thru Ft Myers area, correction Naples Fla it was, scary...

Yes I’m conscious of my intake which I’ve slowed from my crazy youth so more juice, milk, coffee & lots of water as well.!

Yes, well good to recharge your batteries, so ttyl.

Cheers...

Lol yes I should of added by the grace of the great spirit, the guy upstairs, god or dumb luck I survived. Luckily the 2 in Florida (West Palm & Boca) I had adequate warning and went to the west coast. And the Virginia one I was a little tyke and it was very scary. Didn’t mean it to come off like - I survived 3 hurricanes!!!

Ok peace out

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #2,898 of 6,857
Lol yes I should of added by the grace of the great spirit, the guy upstairs, god or dumb luck I survived. Luckily the 2 in Florida I had adequate warning and went to the west coast. And the Virginia one I was a little tyke and it was very scary. Didn’t mean it to come off like I survived 3 hurricanes!!!

Ok peace out

:metal:

Jun 28, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #2,899 of 6,857
Now my packet is stuck with customs as Hiby declared different values in the paperwork. How brilliant!!

wow.. this is a beginners critical fault.. forcing heavy customs investigation and costs and delays.. if this will happen to my devices, I will not pay for customs and let this go back to Hiby to get a refund.. oh dear.. horrible..

Jun 28, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #2,900 of 6,857
Yep, I’ll :call_me::beer:to that!

Same, got DHL tracking number from HK Sat just after noon & radio silence since!

Bummer!

& as the Davies boys sang It’s A ‘Complicated Life’.! :point_right::beer:
I’m in exactly the same position as you tracking# Sat pm and still no sign of anything happening!?!?

Really beginning to wonder what sort of shipping agent HiBy have chosen. I mean, wouldn’t it have been easier and a lot less hassle just to ship in order and let everyone know what was going on with the delays straight away? The shipping agent has just added more complications and levels of possible problems.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #2,901 of 6,857
2d1ek4.jpg
I’m in exactly the same position as you tracking# Sat pm and still no sign of anything happening!?!?

Really beginning to wonder what sort of shipping agent HiBy have chosen. I mean, wouldn’t it have been easier and a lot less hassle just to ship in order and let everyone know what was going on with the delays straight away? The shipping agent has just added more complications and levels of possible problems.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #2,902 of 6,857
Personally, I predict it'll reach us customers next week, and Europe customers in two weeks.

Those in SEA have started to receive their R3, figuring those in japan/India/aussie would be next followed by the states and then Europe.

Jun 28, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #2,903 of 6,857
Personally, I predict it'll reach us customers next week, and Europe customers in two weeks.

Those in SEA have started to receive their R3, figuring those in japan/India/aussie would be next followed by the states and then Europe.

Your prediction is as good as Hiby's, which is not very. From what I gather, Hiby has handed the units over to a local Hong Kong shipping company. This seems to be where the problem is. So whatever Hiby says means nothing. Backer #97, I'm in USA and my unit has disappeared for at least 8 days since being handed over to the unnamed shipping agency.

Here is a personal reply from Hiby I received this moring:
"Sorry to keep you waiting. Your unit did shipped. Just confirmed with the shipping agency that it will have an updated tracking information on this weekend."

Promise of an update..........wow :triportsad:

Jun 28, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #2,904 of 6,857
Backer #151. I haven’t commented in a while, but this is a really bad look on Hiby’s part. The transaction was liquid smooth on the R6, and I expected the same attention to detail in the R3. I am thoroughly disappointed, as many are, that my shipment notification hasn’t been updated in 9 DAYS!!

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 15:19Origin Service Area:HONG KONG - TSING YI - HONG KONGDestination Service Area:MORRISVILLE, NC - USA
1 Piece

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 Location Time Piece
1 Shipment information received HONG KONG - HONG KONG 15:19

Jun 28, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #2,906 of 6,857
Usually it means they created a shipping order or label (good sign), but haven’t shipped it out yet (scanned) officially. It means the carrier has not recieved it.

Or tracking is slow to update but eight days is a lot so probably the former.

Jun 28, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #2,907 of 6,857
It's a real pity about the delays.

The product itself is fantastic and the software stable. As a backer I'd rather a proper setting of a solid later deadline with quick delivery than an earlier promised date and slow inconsistent shipping notifications.

Hope you guys receive your R3 too. Ps. Though I have the r3, the leather case has yet to ship.

Jun 28, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #2,908 of 6,857
I have no problems with delays, there always can go something wrong like eg. the leather case, but if you got told all items are shipped and than nothing happens for about a week.

"DHL is still under processing . We believe you will get the unit soon as long as DHL pass the custom clearance." 8 days for sure...

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #2,909 of 6,857
Agreed, The whole reason for the message from @Joe Bloggs about the shipping issue and updating us on shipping verification was to allay concerns over HiBy shipping the R3's out of order and shipping without the leather case. If you look back, the shipping confirmation that was received on Tuesday, June 19th wasn't supposed to be the "day of shipment", but the day we all received VERIFICATION of the shipments which should have happened prior to that date (6/19). My document clearly states that the label was CREATED on 6/19, which means no shipment efforts happened prior to that date. This kind of misinformation creates a cloud of confusion and frustration. HiBy has dropped the ball on this one. Not because of the delay, per se, but because the inconsistent communication has created an air of mistrust with customers.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #2,910 of 6,857
Good stuff. No hiss with the Prophile 8.
Updating Library takes almost 2min with 7500 Songs. If you update library again and cancel after few seconds the library will be left out with only few albums / songs. This is quite the time waste, I wish that to be fixed soon.

Interface is buttery smooth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back