1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New Double Dac R3 PRO on Sale Now !!!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. Soham Sengupta
    Can anyone tell me how much power will it be packing in the single ended 3.5mm jack? Will it be >100mv?

2. iJay
    1.1v SE and 2.2 v Bal. Post #54 of this thread.

3. Soham Sengupta
    Ok thanks

4. mikp
    any idea about volume level on bluetooth? I read someone posted on r6 that it was low. And would the bluetooth auto connect?

I have the ap60 that i like,but bt is not auto connecting and a touch screen is tempting.

5. qsk78
    Does the R3 feature the USB Audio out? Would be a nice transport solution.

6. iJay
    Yep, bi-directional USB. You should be covered!

qsk78 likes this.
  7. musicday
  8. iJay
    Maybe I'm missing the point but what advantages does OLED bring to the table and why would not using OLED be so disappointing? I understand OLED is slightly more energy efficient and can probably has better contrast but are the other display options so bad? Also, would those old OLED displays carry a decent warranty? With circuitry it's sometime an advantage of selecting exactly what you need as opposed to what you have available. That can place burdens and limitations on other aspects of the design. I'm sure that's nothing new to all of you though.
    NOTE: I barely own a TV, I'm just not a video guy. I've installed several video broadcast systems so I'm aware enough of camera/switcher/signal quality levels for that purpose but we're talking a small DAP here.
    Not an argument, just looking for some education.

9. duo8
    You don't want crappy 2008 OLED panels.
    Even the samsung one in the PSV1000 is already pretty bad by today's standard.

10. Soham Sengupta
    Yes, i saw it connected to chord mojo via usb, so it supports usb audio out

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    qsk78 likes this.
  11. qsk78
    Perfect!

12. Nolbert0
    For me, I'd much prefer AAC over Bluetooth than AptX-HD cos I don't have an AptX-HD receiver or headphones but I do re-encode my lossless into AAC. Better for battery life too?

13. musicday
    If you look at the old Samsung S2 OLED RGB type display is fantastic, still is.

14. eldss
    So after watching the video, when using streaming services like Tidal, I understood that it will play Tidal, but only while on WiFi and streaming. My understanding is that the app wouldn’t be installed on the device and one wouldn't be able to store the songs (download) onto the device or an SD card. Is that a correct assumption and if so, would the same apply to other streaming services like Apple Music and Spotify?

15. Notrix
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last