The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 25, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #6,213 of 6,845
I've just reviewed the R3 Pro:

https://www.headfonia.com/hiby-r3-pro-review

Enjoy!

HiBy-R3-Pro-5.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #6,214 of 6,845
I have several problems with my R3 (not Pro!) when connecting to Bluetooth devices; either it does find or connect to the other device or it connects but does not play any sound to the device.
This happens to many different (non smartphone) devices, no matter if I enable/disable HiBy-Link or no matter which codec I set; e.g. when trying to connect to my Soundcore Motion+ Bluetooth speaker not a single note is playing, although it says "connected".

I think the problems start after they added UAC to their firmware (even when I explicitely set aptX) - but I'm not sure...

Of cource I use the latest (custom) firmware (3.4)...

Any ideas?

P.S.: I don't have problems when connecting to my Android based smartphone - but to nearly all other devices...

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #6,215 of 6,845
Now I'm getting stuck when I open my Tidal Playlist, even after factory reset...

Apr 17, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #6,219 of 6,845
Hi guys , already got my order on r3 pro.
I want to ask , what is the difference between r3 and r3pro leather case?
Yeah I know it can be used vice versa, but I can't find detail information in internet. Thx :D

Edit

Answer : there's no full coverage leather for r3 version , only r3 pro version has it. But can be used vice versa

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #6,221 of 6,845
I just got my r3pro. Does anyone else notice something shifting inside when slighting 'shaking' the player. It seems like the entire insides are just slightly moving around freely underneath the hood. TF is that all about?
Mine's OK. It could be a batch manufacturing issue; I got mine in early December. Will need a few users to chime in with similar issue as yours to be more certain.

Apr 24, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #6,223 of 6,845
I have several problems with my R3 (not Pro!) when connecting to Bluetooth devices; either it does find or connect to the other device or it connects but does not play any sound to the device.
This happens to many different (non smartphone) devices, no matter if I enable/disable HiBy-Link or no matter which codec I set; e.g. when trying to connect to my Soundcore Motion+ Bluetooth speaker not a single note is playing, although it says "connected".

I think the problems start after they added UAC to their firmware (even when I explicitely set aptX) - but I'm not sure...

Of cource I use the latest (custom) firmware (3.4)...

Any ideas?

P.S.: I don't have problems when connecting to my Android based smartphone - but to nearly all other devices...
Sorry to ask you, M8, I know you’re looking for help, but does the EQ work on a Bluetooth source? Just wondering if the EQ settings are system wide.

Apr 25, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #6,225 of 6,845
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back