1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New Double Dac R3 PRO on Sale Now !!!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405
407 408 409 410 411
Next

Last
  1. abitdeef
    Was that the themes at the end of your post? Let me look again. Ahh now I see it, was just looking for pics before

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  2. abitdeef
    Ok now how do you install the damn things lol. Instructions around aren't very plentiful.

I've searched google and the thread. I've put the files on the root of the micro sd card and also put them in folders named themes and custom themes- nothing.

Double C likes this.
  3. Snoopy112
    folder should be named theme, without “s”, I suppose.

4. abitdeef
    Ok I'll try that

5. abitdeef
    It says error theme package version.

Maybe it's the pro software?

Thanks anyways.

6. Snoopy112
    Did you try other themes, except hexagon? The same error?

7. abitdeef
    Let me try one

8. abitdeef
    The moon one worked, so it must just be the hex one not working.

9. surfgeorge
    I've been using your custom SW for a while now and I really like it! Looks better and is more user friendly - BIG THANK YOU at this point!
    I also wanted to try the custom themes, created a folder "Theme" and copied the *.t files from your link above into the folder.
    But I can't see them in the R3's settings.

Are there any limitations in terms of how many themes you can put into the folder or any other things I need to consider?
    I checked the thread but could not find any other information than putting the files into a "theme" folder.

Thanks in advance! George

10. Snoopy112
    Hey, George, name of the folder should starts with small letter “t”. I don’t use any custom theme because they look rather awful on my custom FW. I didn’t find any limitations with themes files.

surfgeorge likes this.
  11. dimmockg
    Just returned my hidizs ap80 due to wobbly volume wheel, tempted to give the r3 another go. From a software point of view the r3 looks like its pretty much where it needs to be? Especially with the custom FW

Should I get a cheaper r3, the newer repro??

12. surfgeorge
    Without actually having heard it, I would get the Pro model.
    While I really like the R3 form factor an UI, I am not the biggest fan of it's SQ.
    It's maybe a little unfair, since I am comparing it to the Mojo I have stacked with it, and it doesn't sound bad, but the available reviews look like the Pro is a step in the right direction regarding SQ.
    And additionally the higher power and longer battery life time make it even more a no-brainer IMO.

13. surfgeorge
    Thanks! It was indeed the folder name...

14. Snoopy112
    Could you try one more time download and check hexagon theme?

15. surfgeorge
    I was just about to write that the Hexagon theme actually looks really nice with the custom FW!
    It works best IMO with theme color off, which gives a dark grey kind of graphite look or with a subdued color, and it looks very elegant.
    Also the text is easily readable with the uniform pattern in the background.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    141D8370-F35D-4A61-8027-347C874A0E70.jpeg B73FE026-2D03-4ECC-9D15-33CC9A4943A7.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
First

Back
396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405
407 408 409 410 411
Next

Last