The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 6, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #5,973 of 6,857
Question re firmware 3.4

can someone please tag the modder on here who adapted v3.3 to increase the track limit to 65k songs.

I won’t update until I know we’ll have that. it would be uber cool to keep.

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #5,974 of 6,857
Question re firmware 3.4

can someone please tag the modder on here who adapted v3.3 to increase the track limit to 65k songs.

I won’t update until I know we’ll have that. it would be uber cool to keep.

He isn't affiliated with Hiby. Because he has devoted some of his own time to make these modifications (and out of kindness) I don't think that it wouldn't seem right to tag him.

I also use his modifications. It was one of the reasons that I purchased the Hiby R3 (Joe Bloggs participation in this forum was the other reason) .
I tried the new 3.4 firmware,
Because I only use the R3 for mp3's from an SD card, I couldn't see any new benefit in this particular area ... and so I reverted back to firmware 2.1

I'm hoping one day for a full keyboard search function, also a way to add "various artist" to show up in one listing, and for the A-Z (on the right side when scrolling) to be unhidden when not scrolling.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #5,976 of 6,857
Thanks to Hiby for the firmware update. It does seem that DLNA is more stable so far but I am running into an issue. I'm using MCONNECT from IOS to beam/DLNA into the R3 and the volume control does not work from IOS/MCONNECT. Can anyone else reproduce this on the new firmware?

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #5,977 of 6,857
@Joe Bloggs

I have the bar version of the R3 (Chinese) but the firmware on the Hiby site is for the slash version (International), so they don't work for me. I currently have Snoopy's 3.3 firmware and the device reboots upon connecting to my WIFi network. It was terrible because upon connection, the device crashes every time, so now I'm afraid of even turning on the WIFI on my device.Do you mind putting the Chinese 3.4 firmware on your website?

Thanks.

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #5,978 of 6,857
Redownloaded Snoopy's 3.3 firmware and wifi is working fine now. Trouble is that when I downloaded the 3.4 update via WiFi (OTA), it failed to update. I'm guessing the file downloaded via OTA isn't the right type for the Bar version. :triportsad:

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #5,979 of 6,857
device reboots upon connecting to my WIFi network

I've already fixed that bug. I can share a folder with the original FWs, for those who have problems with the ota update (I know quite a few such people).

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #5,980 of 6,857
I've already fixed that bug. I can share a folder with the original FWs, for those who have problems with the ota update (I know quite a few such people).

Do you know when your modified 3.4 version will be made available?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind. Clicked on your link and all is good. Didn't realize before clicking on it that it is the 3.4 version. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #5,981 of 6,857
Do you know when your modified 3.4 version will be made available?

You're welcome! Custom may be released after the weekend, can't say more.

Nov 9, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #5,985 of 6,857
HiBy R3 Pro Unboxing. As for the sound aspect, the R3 Pro has more defined bass, forward midrange and crispier treble. Very impressed by its sound so far. :)

photo_2019-11-10_10-38-33 (3).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back