The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 23, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #5,416 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs

Out of curiosity, what is the proper way to pronounce Hiby?

Hibby or High-bee? Or is there a third option i haven't even considered?

I’m not sure, but I think it’s “hi-bay”
My R3 should arrive late this week.

Apr 23, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #5,418 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs Ah I must have been mistaken. As I have just restarted my player and playing a track from an album. Going back to the root screen then pressing the top right icon to get back to playing screen and then swiping left does not take me where I want to go but root of all files?

Please please can you ask your programmers to just sort this out.

All I ask is that when swiping from left to right from playing screen it takes you to the source of that track.

Thanks

Apr 24, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #5,420 of 6,859
Apr 24, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #5,421 of 6,859
I have a question on two player settings.
Gain and cross fade. Gain shipped set to low. What exactly does that setting do? And under what circumstance would you High?

As for cross fade turning it on doesn’t yield any result.

Apr 24, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #5,422 of 6,859
As for cross fade turning it on doesn’t yield any result.

In R3 crossfade means fade-out effect in the end of the track and fade-in effect in the beginning of the next track (or in new position when scrolling current track).

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #5,423 of 6,859
Can someone cam explain how the fm or internet radio work on r3?

I got it to work by adding a radio.txt file in the root of the music card. Then they show up at the bottom of the playlists screen.

Unfortunately favorites doesn't seem to work for radio stations

Also there was some comment in an earlier release about it being more prominent in a to menu, but I couldn't find that either.

Apr 25, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #5,424 of 6,859
I got it to work by adding a radio.txt file in the root of the music card. Then they show up at the bottom of the playlists screen.

Unfortunately favorites doesn't seem to work for radio stations

Also there was some comment in an earlier release about it being more prominent in a to menu, but I couldn't find that either.

...think the file needs to have UTF8 encoding too (if it doesn't already)

Format of entries in the file is each station on a new line &:
station, url

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #5,426 of 6,859
I don't see anything about radio in the top bar

And now??
E1sJmOW.jpg

Attachments

• FW 2.01.jpg
    FW 2.01.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #5,428 of 6,859
So amazon just raised the price on the R3 from 159 to 199! Has any new firmware suddenly appeared to add new features and warrant this price raise?

The price was actually $199, before a temporary sale that began last week lowered it to $159.

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #5,430 of 6,859
Ok I change the USB to audio out and it is still not sending the audio to my dac/amp.

Are you using an OTG adapter on the r3 before a USB cable from that to the USB DAC? Either an OTG adapter or an OTG cable is necessary.

@Joe Bloggs

Out of curiosity, what is the proper way to pronounce Hiby?

Hibby or High-bee? Or is there a third option i haven't even considered?

I’m not sure, but I think it’s “hi-bay”
My R3 should arrive late this week.

The Chinese pronunciation would be "High-bay" but I'm sticking to "High-bee" as a pronunciation that people worldwide can plausibly arrive at :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back