The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 2, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #5,266 of 6,853
Yeah not sure what's going on. On my desktop I can add them to a playlist then select that list on my R3 and they show up MQA. I think I'm going to sign out of Tidal on the R3 and sign back in again to see if that helps.

I'm not sure either. I had some issues with Tidal that signing in and out fixed. I still have an issue where I have a playlist on my phone and on the windows app that has more songs in it than shows on the R3. I have signed in and out and still won't show. It has a lot of songs in it about 150-160. I created a second playlist with some of the songs making the first playlist 107 or so songs now. The second playlist shows in my playlists on the R3 but the first one still only shows the original songs. Not sure if there is a limit to the amount of songs the R3 will show in a playlist?

Mar 2, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #5,270 of 6,853
I think mine was 3.0 not 3.1

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #5,272 of 6,853
Throwing error code 400 when I launch a track within Qobuz app. I successfully logged into my account and it’s populating my albums. Anyone have similar experience?

Same here!

Mar 3, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #5,274 of 6,853
Has anybody managed to test the ebook function or find any info on the requirements/format etc.?
I found the new "book" folder, uploaded an .epub file there but it is not recognized.
I don't think it will be fun reading an ebook on such a tiny screen, but if it's there, I'd like to see how it works.

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #5,276 of 6,853
@ranwill
Thanks, my R3 does indeed find an error text when I use Scan. Guess I'll have to convert a book to txt.

Mar 3, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #5,277 of 6,853
Firmware 3.0 (Custom with Qobuz and eBooks):

3.0 International ver. (from Kickstarter);
3.0 Chinese ver. (from JD and so on, rename the file to r3.upt before updating)

Changes regarding the stock version:
1. corrected translation (Russian and English),
2. replaced the font with a new one from XVortex,
3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some places. Main screen in second theme is based on the Hexagon theme from Steven Van Geert (see FB HiBy thread),
4. repaired choosing colors sliders in the second theme,
5. added a stepcounter to the side menu,
6. added adb (Android Debug Bridge),
7. replaced the index page when connected to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), plus changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and following file formats have been added: upt, txt, log, and t,
8. added a radio to the top bar and replaced the built-in chinese radio stations (40 stations now), others you can persanally add to radio.txt file and put it in the root of your sd card,
9. all binary files have been striped,
10. optimized all *png files,
11. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
12. extended database limit to 65000.

Books should be saved in /book directory in the root of SD card in *.txt format only.

P.S. latest update 10.03.19

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #5,278 of 6,853
Firmware 3.0 (Custom with Qobuz and eBooks):

3.0 International ver. (from Kickstarter);
3.0 Chinese ver. (from JD and so on, rename the file to r3.upt before updating)

Changes regarding the stock version:
1. corrected translation (Russian and English (I did what I could)),
2. replaced the font with a new one from XVortex,
3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some places. Main screen in second theme is based on the Hexagon theme from Steven Van Geert (see FB HiBy topic),
4. repaired choosing colors sliders in the second theme,
5. added a stepcounter to the side menu,
6. added adb (it's really useful and working properly),
7. replaced the index page when connected to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), plus changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and following file formats have been added: upt, txt, log, and t,
8. added a radio to the top bar and replaced the built-in radio stations with my own (40 stations), others you can persanally add to radio.txt file and put it in the root of your sd card,
9. all binary files have been striped,
10. optimized all *png files,
11. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
12. extend database limit to 65000.

Books should be saved in /book directory in the root of SD card in *.txt format only.

P.S. it's not the final version now, I will update some GUI elements next week. Stay tuned)
Some of those, especially #1 should be done by HiBy!!
@Joe Bloggs - can you implement at least some of those things so that @Snoopy112 won't have to redo it every single time? :wink: But seriously, at least fix the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back