The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Sep 3, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #4,231 of 6,859
Dear @Vimtoman can you try again with the firmware in this repo?
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEga55nagqqGZVWpGbFA

This online folder contains all firmware for the R3 since 1.09, Chinese and International.

Hi Joe thanks for getting back.

OK have tried that firmware and no difference.

The R3 gave the bluetooth ping for connected then ping for unconnected ? but the speaker showed that there was still a connection.?
The R3 showed no connection.
I forced re-pair on the SRS-HG1.
It reconnected with LDAC.
Connecting again showed LDAC with the note,arrow,bluetooth sign etc on the R3.

But no sound on playback.

Only when choosing SBC will music play.

This is a Sony SRS-HG1 with updated firmware.

Other items work OK with this speaker in LDAC.

I'm also experiencing tracks playing with no sound via bluetooth on the Denon DSB-250Bt using the R3.
Skipping back and Fwd tracks will make the track play with sound?

I have changed SD card and still the same.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #4,232 of 6,859
Updated to the latest OTA firmware yesterday. Trying to play Spotify via my S7 Edge over Bluetooth to the R3 (headphone jack on the phone is broken). R3 shows on screen as trying to play over LDAC which this phone cannot do as it's still on Android Oreo. Have gone in and manually selected both APTX and SBC but R3 still shows LDAC on screen. Have unpaired the phone from the R3 and rebooted both devices several times and it still tries to force LDAC. Which results in no music being played!

Also the device constantly disconnects and reconnects while connected to any computer via the USB port for charging/syncing. An issue I reported to HiBy via their service email address months ago with no response. It's been like this since I received it. I suspect it's something to do with a part moving inside the device (when turned upside down you can feel a weight shift inside the unit)

Can you please write them again? We should be more responsive to enquiries now. Sorry for missing it before.

What is your email address?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 3, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #4,234 of 6,859
I just got a 2nd hand R3. compared to my X5iii, I felt that the R3 is a bit more transparent and sparkly, but less depth than the X5iii. in terms of UI, the R3 is very much better and easier to use than the X5iii. overall, I prefer the R3 to X5iii, as I prefer more transparent and sparkly sound, as well as the UI.

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #4,240 of 6,859
I'm probably going to sell mine, I'm based in France if anyone's interested.
My reasons below :
  1. When you use BT as a receiver mode, it shuts down wifi then BT is disconnected after a few minute on my Galaxy S7 (didn't happen in the previous firmware, but the sound started to crackle after 40-50 min of use.). It happens with SBC/APTX/LDAC .. A poorly implementation of BT+WiFi chips in my opinion.
  2. The audio USB out is weird, being able to modify volume means the sound is already altered beforehand and I'm not happy with this behavior.
  3. Because of this USB audio thing, my fiio Q5 actually has a better sound through APTX with a flac file.
  4. DLNA/Airplay is just bugged because of the WiFi chip which is of low quality + 2.4Ghz and/or poorly implemented.
  5. The coax cable that I bought through Kickstarter doesn't work with the FiiO Q5, it was never stated it was only meant for the Mojo. The Q5 has a standard coaxial input, and hiby is of no help through emails.
Cheers

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #4,243 of 6,859
I know thisis a basic question, and I can do try and see but fully appreciate if anyone with this experience could share, thanks

For aux input, simply need to change to the line out mode. On the latest 1.12 firmware, it is available in the menu when dragged down from the top. It is the 2nd button from the right, bottom row. It is only available to press when something is already connected to the 3.5mm jack on the R3.
After pressing the button, press OK to the prompt that appears. That should turn on the line out mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back