The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Aug 30, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #4,217 of 6,859
I paired my sony wh1000xm2 to my r3 and they did not sound that great, voices sounded distant and with slight echo, bass was way too strong and I love bass, so that was wierd. I am on the most current firmware and ldac was on. I will check tonight again with my vmoda crossfade wireless 2 with aptx to see if it sounds any better wirelessly. By the way the vmoda sound great with the r3 wired.

Aug 30, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #4,218 of 6,859
I paired my sony wh1000xm2 to my r3 and they did not sound that great, voices sounded distant and with slight echo, bass was way too strong and I love bass, so that was wierd. I am on the most current firmware and ldac was on. I will check tonight again with my vmoda crossfade wireless 2 with aptx to see if it sounds any better wirelessly. By the way the vmoda sound great with the r3 wired.
Ill try my Sony WH1000XM2 tonight and see if I get the same results as you. I have not ever paired it with the R3 yet.

Aug 31, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #4,219 of 6,859
LDAC is working fine with my WH1000XM2, as well as connecting to my Pixel 2XL. I completely deleted the headphones out of the Bluetooth settings and re-paired them to get it working.

Aug 31, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #4,220 of 6,859
I think my R3 is behaving a bit buggy.
This is the second time i've selected a track and it shows as playing but no sound?
Selecting another track had played Ok then going back to the non playing track it plays?

this has only started since the last update.

Anybody experienced this? I'm up and over 9000 tracks.

Aug 31, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #4,221 of 6,859
Anyone else having trouble downloading the Ota update? It keeps stopping during the transfer.

Aug 31, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #4,223 of 6,859
There's a box open one on Amp3 in the uk for £201.42 if any one is interested (got the r6 so not bothered).

Sep 1, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #4,224 of 6,859
I'm unable to connect my phone to R3 using aptX. The connection always reverts back to SBC. But I can hook up my phone and also my R3 to the same earphone over aptX (not the same time, ofc). Any idea, how could I fix this?

Sep 2, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #4,227 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs
I've found that LDAC is not working properly on the R3.
It's been working fine on my SRS-HG1 until now and will not play sound on LDAC only SBC.
The speaker is fine and works with my M0 and phone in LDAC.

I've had problems with the Denon DSB-250BT with regards the R3 where it would not play any sound occasionally.
Thats on APTX.

I think there is a bug in this new firmware.

I'm going to do a factory reset to see if it solves the problem.

Update.

Factory reset did not resolve the problem.

Found that the firmware on the web site is an older version?
Would be an idea to label the firmwares version.
I've installed it to downgrade then reinstall the newer formware to see if that kicks back to working.
Did not solve the problemo.

I have found that the Shannling M0 occasionally connects the Denon speaker the other way round.
So it's accepting sound from the speaker.
M0 shows that the connection is the other way round by a Bluetooth logo on the whole screen.
I think this is due to the mic facility etc on these new speakers.Two way?
I think the R3 is doing the same thing and is stuck that way with LDAC on the SRS-HG1.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #4,229 of 6,859
Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 3, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #4,230 of 6,859
Updated to the latest OTA firmware yesterday. Trying to play Spotify via my S7 Edge over Bluetooth to the R3 (headphone jack on the phone is broken). R3 shows on screen as trying to play over LDAC which this phone cannot do as it's still on Android Oreo. Have gone in and manually selected both APTX and SBC but R3 still shows LDAC on screen. Have unpaired the phone from the R3 and rebooted both devices several times and it still tries to force LDAC. Which results in no music being played!

Also the device constantly disconnects and reconnects while connected to any computer via the USB port for charging/syncing. An issue I reported to HiBy via their service email address months ago with no response. It's been like this since I received it. I suspect it's something to do with a part moving inside the device (when turned upside down you can feel a weight shift inside the unit)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back