The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 27, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #2,881 of 6,853
The real sad thing is that the unit itself despite not having offline tidal and LDAC and MQA is a wonderful little unit. But..... and this is a BIG butt, hiby with the lack of transparency and horrible communication to the backers has really screwed the pooch on the customer service end. Yes you can blame the shipping company, but in the end You the company have to take the fallout.

I know I know it’s Kickstarter, but when someone says all black units are shipped and up to # whatever in grey have shipped. Well then you read backer #17 hasn’t got any info still!!!!! And me #1280 got thiers weeks ago well you know that’s just going off the rails on a ‘Crazy Train’

Absolutely agree [as it’s supposed to be very good] & said I it weeks ago as one of your more famous Presidents once said when it needed to be said
... ‘THE BUCK STOPS HERE’!

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #2,882 of 6,853
Oh I got mine weeks ago fridge, I have no earthly idea how I got mine before so many other people. I almost felt bad giving first impressions because so many others haven’t got jack ****.

Ok, misunderstanding on my part, so what :) are you using?
Anyhow the argument still stands as a collective scene out of the ‘Twilight Zone’ [Thx 2 Golden Earring.!] or maybe even outta ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ aka ... Over At The Frankenstein:robot:Place.!:man_dancing:

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #2,883 of 6,853
Yes sir! I hate to be a dick and I know joe blogs is only one guy, and this is Kickstarter. But if you go to the Shanling MO thread and look at the communication between Shanling and thier customers- it’s a whole different animal.

And despite it being a Kickstarter campaign, everyone of us is a customer of hiby. We are the very first international customers. And people are always EAGER to share info about bad experiences they’ve had. It’s just human nature.

Something all companies should never forget- first impressions can make or break you. If I get a horrible meal at a nice $$ restaurant for example, I don’t give them a second chance. First I hate wasting hard earned money, and second there are so many other restaurants, and thirdl I am a pretty damn good cook, so the meal better be pretty stellar!

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #2,884 of 6,853
Ok, misunderstanding on my part, so what :) are you using?
Anyhow the argument still stands as a collective scene out of the ‘Twilight Zone’ [Thx 2 Golden Earring.!] or maybe even outta ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ aka ... Over At The Frankenstein:robot:Place.!:man_dancing:

I’m using R3 with my akt8ie balanced and my meize 99 classics SE and well it sounds damn good. Especially for the size and $$.

Yes definitely the twilight zone (rush) material.

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #2,885 of 6,853
Yes sir! I hate to be a dick and I know joe blogs is only one guy, and this is Kickstarter. But if you go to the Shanling MO thread and look at the communication between Shanling and thier customers- it’s a whole different animal.

And despite it being a Kickstarter campaign, everyone of us is a customer of hiby. We are the very first international customers. And people always EAGER to share info about bad experiences they had. It’s just human nature.

Something all companies should never forget- first impressions can make or break you. If I get a horrible meal at a nice $$ restaurant for example, I don’t give them a second chance. First I hate wasting hard earned money, and second their are so many other restaurants, and thirdl I am a pretty damn good cook, so the meal better be pretty stellar!

Yep, my sentiments exactly & while we’re on the subject m, so how’s your recipe for... :hot_pepper:Chocolate Chicken Mole or :fried_shrimp::poultry_leg:
Gumbo, I got the :point_right::beer:

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #2,887 of 6,853
Yep, my sentiments exactly & while we’re on the subject m, so how’s your recipe for... :hot_pepper:Chocolate Chicken Mole or :fried_shrimp::poultry_leg:
Gumbo, I got the :point_right::beer:

Ha ha very good thank you :wink: My mom hated to cook and therefore wasn’t a very good cook at all. Well I did some traveling via Uncle Sam when I was young and later on my own dime and got an appreciation for good food.

So on a whim I went to culinary arts school. I mostly really appreciate really simple home made dishes- made traditionally and with good local as fresh as you can get ingredients. Jacques Pepin was a big inspiration. Thank God for PBS. He taught me how to make a proper omelette :)

Wow I’m really off subject aren’t I lol.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #2,888 of 6,853
Ha ha very good thank you :wink: My mom hated to cook and therefore wasn’t a very good cook at all. Well I did some traveling via Uncle Sam when I was young and later on my own dime and got an appreciation for good food.

So on a whim I went to culinary arts school. I mostly really appreciate really simple home made dishes- made traditionally and with good local as fresh as you can get ingredients. Jacques Pepin was a big inspiration. Thank God for PBS. He taught me how to make a proper omelette :)

Wow I’m really off subject aren’t I lol.

No actually you’re right on point, short of me reporting on my R3 nothing else to talk about ‘cept great craft beer & good home cooking, so let’s get that Chicken Mole & Shrimp Gumbo ready to go, beers a chillin’!

Yes Love PBS, Loved watching Julia Child back in the day, hey who doesn’t love a great omelette?!
Well sounds like you made some good choices, you likely did your mom proud after all that, great to get an education & trade courtesy of the gov’t.

How about a little ‘DIXIE CHICKEN’:)courtesy of Little Feat?! :point_right::beer:

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #2,889 of 6,853
No actually you’re right on point, short of me reporting on my R3 nothing else to talk about ‘cept great craft beer & good home cooking, so let’s get that Chicken Mole & Shrimp Gumbo ready to go, beers a chillin’!

Yes Love PBS, Loved watching Julia Child back in the day, hey who doesn’t love a great omelette?!
Well sounds like you made some good choices, you likely did your mom proud after all that, great to get an education & trade courtesy of the gov’t.

How about a little ‘DIXIE CHICKEN’:)courtesy of Little Feat?! :point_right::beer:

Ahh I was an aircraft electrician and avionics guy in the army. I did the culinary thing just on a whim. But you’re right nothing much to report with so many people not getting their R3s. And I recently found out I have some health problems so I’m officially ‘a teetotaler’ now. Short answer my liver is in bad shape. I guess that comes from having the Scottish and German drinking genes.

I’ve been drinking since I was 15 and that’s a lot of years. I ate lunch a a local watering hole today and it was strange to only drink water. But hey I don’t want to croak yet. Good news is I saved about 12 dollars on my meal as usually I would have AT LEAST 2 craft beers.

Anyways on the R3 front- the screen, for a little dap is beautiful. Very impressed with the screen quality. But on another note LDAC support is beginning to feel like a pipe dream. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #2,890 of 6,853
Ahh I was an aircraft electrician and avionics guy in the army. I did the culinary thing just on a whim. But you’re right nothing much to report with so many people not getting their R3s. And I recently found out I have some health problems so I’m officially ‘a teetotaler’ now. Short answer my liver is in bad shape. I guess that comes from having the Scottish and German drinking genes.

I’ve been drinking since I was 15 and that’s a lot of years. I ate lunch a a local watering hole today and it was strange to only drink water. But hey I don’t want to croak yet. Good news is I saved about 12 dollars on my meal as usually I would have AT LEAST 2 craft beers.

Anyways on the R3 front- the screen, for a little dap is beautiful. Very impressed with the screen quality. But on another note LDAC support is beginning to feel like a pipe dream. :frowning2:

Bummer, sorry to hear that’

Yeah we foolishly do what we do when we’re young either not listening to sage advice that know or choose not to listen thinking ere superhuman & nothing can touch us.

Same here been drinking since a year or two after that time as my dad was in the Navy & as a carry over from the Brits a serious drinking culture & my parents used to have a lot of parties at home or on the ship when in port so by the time they kicked me outta the house I was probably not immune to the temptations of it all.
Funny thing is I’d go in cycles not drinking anything for ages then enjoying it like I’d just started so hopefully that & the massive amounts of vitamins & minerals & lots of honey etc have somewhat helped matters!
& yes it’s pretty costly when you drink out!

Great you got an excellent education & trade as that’s so something either directly or indirectly something that’s in demand.

Yep, seems like the Hiby PR Machine was I full roar when they put all those feature/options & stats on their page as well as KS etc before they shoved that canoe out to sea to test the waters!

Speaking of PBS, just watching NOVA & the usuL great job they do on ‘Rise Of The Superstorms’ recounting the 3 massive horrendous Super Hurricanes from last Aug/Sept ‘17 , as chilling as it was watching it live, watch it in the semi-documentary live style that Kova does almost seems worse because they’ve got all those stats & fottage that they can piece together after the fact!
Very Sad All That!

& 2018 is on the way, pray it’s a miss, unfortunately experts say if not ‘18 then next year etc as they will just intensify & more frequently that’s why it’s good to have great tunes & gear to enjoy!

So that begs for some ‘Alcohol’ for me & ‘Have A Cuppa Tea’ for you from Muswell Hillbillies & one of my favourites ‘The Kinks’, throw that on your R3:)

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #2,891 of 6,853
Bummer, sorry to hear that’

Yeah we foolishly do what we do when we’re young either not listening to sage advice that know or choose not to listen thinking ere superhuman & nothing can touch us.

Same here been drinking since a year or two after that time as my dad was in the Navy & as a carry over from the Brits a serious drinking culture & my parents used to have a lot of parties at home or on the ship when in port so by the time they kicked me outta the house I was probably not immune to the temptations of it all.
Funny thing is I’d go in cycles not drinking anything for ages then enjoying it like I’d just started so hopefully that & the massive amounts of vitamins & minerals & lots of honey etc have somewhat helped matters!
& yes it’s pretty costly when you drink out!

Great you got an excellent education & trade as that’s so something either directly or indirectly something that’s in demand.

Yep, seems like the Hiby PR Machine was I full roar when they put all those feature/options & stats on their page as well as KS etc before they shoved that canoe out to sea to test the waters!

Speaking of PBS, just watching NOVA & the usuL great job they do on ‘Rise Of The Superstorms’ recounting the 3 massive horrendous Super Hurricanes from last Aug/Sept ‘17 , as chilling as it was watching it live, watch it in the semi-documentary live style that Kova does almost seems worse because they’ve got all those stats & fottage that they can piece together after the fact!
Very Sad All That!

& 2018 is on the way, pray it’s a miss, unfortunately experts say if not ‘18 then next year etc as they will just intensify & more frequently that’s why it’s good to have great tunes & gear to enjoy!

So that begs for some ‘Alcohol’ for me & ‘Have A Cuppa Tea’ for you from Muswell Hillbillies & one of my favourites ‘The Kinks’, throw that on your R3:)

We makes our choices and then we pay the piper. :wink: I’ve always had a high tolerance for alcohol so I’ve naturally drank larger amounts than lots of folks, I didn’t start slowing down soon enough I guess. Either that or I had a case of hepatitis that was never treated. Luckily I don’t have cirrhosis.

And yes the weather has been really crazy the last 10 years or so. Actually I went through 2 hurricanes in Florida and one in Virginia and remained unscathed from each one.

You have good taste in music my friend :) You could ask 10 millennial if they know Ray or Dave Davies or have heard of the Kinks and I’m afraid perhaps 1 in 10 would have heard of them. Um maybe 0 out of ten.

Now I’m going to lay on my ‘Snow White pillow for my big fat head’ :) I bid you adue sir.

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #2,892 of 6,853
We makes our choices and then we pay the piper. :wink: I’ve always had a high tolerance for alcohol so I’ve naturally drank larger amounts than lots of folks, I didn’t start slowing down soon enough I guess. Either that or I had a case of hepatitis that was never treated. Luckily I don’t have cirrhosis.

And yes the weather has been really crazy the last 10 years or so. Actually I went through 2 hurricanes in Florida and one in Virginia and remained unscathed from each one.

You have good taste in music my friend :) You could ask 10 millennial if they know Ray or Dave Davies or have heard of the Kinks and I’m afraid perhaps 1 in 10 would have heard of them. Um maybe 0 out of ten.

Now I’m going to lay on my ‘Snow White pillow for my big fat head’ :) I bid you adue sir.

Thx, I’m sure we’re not far apart in years or collective experiences & shared musical choices as well & you’re right about the Davie’s boys!

Good thing you made it but might be a good idea to pay Mother Nature a tad more respect to keep your hide safe from her wrath during the coming storm seasons just to be in the safe side!

I lived in FLA years ago & was lucky enough. It to experience a hurricane but one tornado going thru Ft Myers area, correction Naples Fla it was, scary...

Yes I’m conscious of my intake which I’ve slowed from my crazy youth so more juice, milk, coffee & lots of water as well.! & great Craft:beer: Can’t resist it:yum:

Yes, well good to recharge your batteries, so ttyl.

Cheers...

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #2,893 of 6,853
re: the Kinks and the drinking discussion. Lets all drink to the death of a clown; and oh that demon alcohol.

By the way, I also find it frustrating to see about people getting these units when my unit is stuck in delivery limbo. I have a tracking number but it means nothing because DHL does not have the unit.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #2,894 of 6,853
If it makes anyone feel better i screwed up my front screen protector install, after ripping out the original screen protector that was already on it. Has there been an update on when the leather cases are being sent out?

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #2,895 of 6,853
re: the Kinks and the drinking discussion. Lets all drink to the death of a clown; and oh that demon alcohol.

By the way, I also find it frustrating to see about people getting these units when my unit is stuck in delivery limbo. I have a tracking number but it means nothing because DHL does not have the unit.

Yep, I’ll :call_me::beer:to that!

Same, got DHL tracking number from HK Sat just after noon & radio silence since!

Bummer!

& as the Davies boys sang It’s A ‘Complicated Life’.! :point_right::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back