The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 17, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #2,417 of 6,857
Mine got delivered by fed ex, must be because I’m in the states?
I am curious (I am in the US, too) - did you get a notification from HiBy or FedEx ahead of time?
(no e-mail for me, and I did check spam folder...)

Jun 17, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #2,418 of 6,857
I was messing with settings on mine. Went to OTA update. Just had to connect to wifi and after i selected to update, it automatically downloaded 52MB firmware. Restarted, updated, all good. AS long as this function keeps working its cool. But would be nice to have an archive w firmware versions on Hiby.com.
Dap sounds good, features are working good, just testing out the battery.

Jun 17, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #2,419 of 6,857
Sounds great. Can't get it to connect to WiFi though. Always get "connection failed" even though I verified the password.

If this persists please pm me with details

@Joe Bloggs once you feel a little better, can you share shipping stats with us? same as you did for R6 a while back?
For example: all black units up to backer # xxxx shipped. Expect to ship all gray up to # yyyy by end of this week. etc.

I'm better now :)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...other-to-the-r6.872288/page-159#post-14307319 Thanks boss :sweat_smile:
Do note that we have not sent out any shipping notification messages from our end. The shipping notifications that some of you got are proactivie notifications from DHL or Fedex. These are only possible if
1. DHL or Fedex is your shipper
2. They already received your package for shipping
3. the phone number you gave us is accessible for SMS messages

Other than that there are many possible reasons why some later backers have got tracking numbers / already got their units, leading one among them being the fact (as given in the recent Kickstarter statement) that until last week units were being shipped out of order (apologies for that again). Tuesday is when backers can start expecting tracking notifications to start being given by *us* in numerical order.

The email from HiByMusic this morning advised to subscribe to the Facebook page for advice on firmware updates.

@fanoble @Joe Bloggs for those of us who don’t use that platform, can you please commit to posting messages to this thread to notify of firmware updates going forward?

Many thanks

Yes please have another option for firmware updates as I will never be on face book! You see my amazing looking face would just bum most people out and make them green with envy. And crush their self confidence.

Some folks got it, some folks don’t , some so uuuugly they never won’t!

:joy:
As somebody else noted, if you don't want to go to Facebook for updates you should be able to check for updates over-the-air whenever it strikes your fancy simply by tapping on Firmware Updates right on the device. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 17, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #2,420 of 6,857
I am curious (I am in the US, too) - did you get a notification from HiBy or FedEx ahead of time?
(no e-mail for me, and I did check spam folder...)

Yes I did, but the shipping company or whatever seems very unorganized. Some people have had their units show up without a notification. Or sometimes the notification went to junk mail. It should be on its way according to hiby.

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #2,421 of 6,857
I was messing with settings on mine. Went to OTA update. Just had to connect to wifi and after i selected to update, it automatically downloaded 52MB firmware. Restarted, updated, all good. AS long as this function keeps working its cool. But would be nice to have an archive w firmware versions on Hiby.com.
Dap sounds good, features are working good, just testing out the battery.

Excellent I will activate my WiFi.

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #2,422 of 6,857
Yes please have another option for firmware updates as I will never be on face book! You see my amazing looking face would just bum most people out and make them green with envy. And crush their self confidence.

Some folks got it, some folks don’t , some so uuuugly they never won’t!

:astonished: Yikes, That’s A Sobering Thought.!!!:sweat_smile:

Yes, from the sounds of that I Can be thankful I’m not on FB :wink:
Although I’m might find someone else using FB to risk the envy monster!:confounded:

Jun 17, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #2,424 of 6,857
So how about a poll for who’s received their r3, which colour, their location and backing # ???
I’ll start with #1049 grey with leather case / no news / UK
1821 Grey no case no word. USA

Jun 17, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #2,426 of 6,857
1821 Grey no case no word. USA

Hey Wick,

Don’t feel bad the rate things have go there’s a better than 50% chance you’ll get yours before me & im about 400 ahead of you...

Guys, Fanoble posted this in the comments a couple of days ago:
1. All black units have been shipped out.
2. All gray units up to #736 have been shipped out.
3. The rest 382 gray units will be shipped out next week.
4. Track no will provide on next Tuesday (after Chinese dragon boat festival)

(*except 34 units which haven’t got the deliver address from backers)

Jun 17, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #2,429 of 6,857
Everybody has valid reasons to complain. Me # 12xx shouldn’t get mine before # 100 or whatever # before me. No tidal online and no LDAC are valid complaints as they were listed as features in the beginning or eluded to as going to be in the final unit.

Hopefully LDAC will still come. I’m not complaining because I don’t care about tidal and I got my unit early. And the little thing is pretty kick ass. But I can understand others frustration over everything that has happened.

Now joe does to seem to be doing his best to rectify the situation, which is good. HBB lit a little fire to get things going, so credit there.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #2,430 of 6,857
I can't wait till you get yours and stop complaining about your units not being shipped... just so I can see what else you will find to complain about.

I like that, that’s pretty good!

If you look over the posts from the past few weeks + since all this started you’ll see that these skeptics comments are more common than not!

All I’m doing actually is stating a fact & not complaining, as it’s obvious that all this has been said before & you can read many people are still actually complaining about their lot not arriving!
So I guess you don’t know the difference between the two!

& as I’ve said I’m looking forward to receiving mine & as I’m not in the least interested I The Tidal disaster of their own making like many others that are disappointed or complaining about that & rightfully so & other missing issues, I know I’ll enjoy it from the get go unlike whether you will or not.

Ymmv...,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back