The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 15, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #2,298 of 6,857
35E54E1E-CF14-433E-AED1-D4F2F41CBC47.jpeg
Listening to 90125 DSD sounds pretty excellent :)

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #2,306 of 6,857
That’s weird because mine came with screen protectors pre installed on the front and back- you just had to pull the outer layer off with the tab. I also got a pair in the box with the manual.

Mine indeed has protector on the back pre-applied but not on the front. Given it is a curved screen, I'm not sure I will want to put it on as it will look ugly.

Most important, it sounds really nice!
IMG_20180615_135523.jpg

To everyone waiting - week is not over. As I said, I did not get notification before delivery so I would assume they are shipping now and will send notifications soon (but I may be wrong).

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #2,307 of 6,857
I can tell you this is my favorite ’small’ dap and I’ve had Cowon Plenue D, Cayin N3, Shanling M2s, Sony nw-a35, Fiio x3ii, and ak70.

It has a slick interface, looks good, sounds good and I feel it was a great value for the price. And hopefully firmware upgrades will bring us other goodies :wink:

LDAC cough, cough.

Honestly even if it didn’t gain any new features I think it’s a pretty complete package for a small relatively inexpensive dap.

My 3 cents.

Now time to mess with some dsp effects :)

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #2,309 of 6,857
Mine indeed has protector on the back pre-applied but not on the front. Given it is a curved screen, I'm not sure I will want to put it on as it will look ugly.

Most important, it sounds really nice!

To everyone waiting - week is not over. As I said, I did not get notification before delivery so I would assume they are shipping now and will send notifications soon (but I may be wrong).

You know what, you’re absolutely right about the screen protectors. The front was just protective film that showed the controls duh... I stand corrected :) Only the back is pre applied. I think my cognitive ability goes down ever year lol.

Jun 15, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #2,310 of 6,857
126 black, Australia. Nothing yet.

Hoping it will arrive this month and not next month. As I'm a bit worried on the upcoming next month may have an affect on our R3's incurring extra charges.

#95, black R3, and from Brisbane, Australia. Still no tracking yet either :/ getting really worried that it'll incur import taxes now as well after July 1st. It's not something I even considered when I bought it as they said shipping would be in May, and I'm within the first 100 backers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back