The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 17, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #211 of 6,853
Mar 17, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #213 of 6,853
This is the HiBy R3 thread. There are many other threads on earbuds, let's try to stick to the subject guys.

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #214 of 6,853
B-E-A-UTIFUL!
This player really ticks all the boxes for me. Now if the sound is close to that of the R6 it would be a perfect mid-tier player IMHO.
More competing with the Shanling M3S than the M2S and the Cayin N3. maybe even with potential to beat the SQ of an N5ii?

Waiting for the early bird offer!

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #215 of 6,853
Already bought the R6 on a whim (I did not need yet another DAP...).
I must resist the R3!!! :angry: (not gonna be easy)

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #217 of 6,853
I can't remember; has HiBy made any statements about impedance? That was one "feature" of the R6 which I did not find appealing. I hope this is better suited for a wide variety of IEMs etc.

I suspect this unit will push out at least one of my other 3 DAP units. I like the three I have a great deal; but there are limits I suppose.

Most likely it will push out either the Shanling M1 or M2S. I suppose there is a remote chance I will like it more than the Cayin N5II but somehow I think that one will hold its own.

I really like the form factor of the M1 and the cool carrying case with strap. But it does have some power limits so that is probably the one that goes. Then again, given that it appears that a new M1 is on the horizon for 3-21 the resale of this unit may not be so good.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #218 of 6,853
I can't remember; has HiBy made any statements about impedance? That was one "feature" of the R6 which I did not find appealing. I hope this is better suited for a wide variety of IEMs etc.

I suspect this unit will push out at least one of my other 3 DAP units. I like the three I have a great deal; but there are limits I suppose.

Most likely it will push out either the Shanling M1 or M2S. I suppose there is a remote chance I will like it more than the Cayin N5II but somehow I think that one will hold its own.

I really like the form factor of the M1 and the cool carrying case with strap. But it does have some power limits so that is probably the one that goes. Then again, given that it appears that a new M1 is on the horizon for 3-21 the resale of this unit may not be so good.

Yes, less than 1 ohm. :beerchug:

Mar 17, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #220 of 6,853

R3 Diary day #1

I appreciate the update, but I would like to add what I hope can be taken as constructive criticism.
To be candid, the main takeaway I had was that it should have a sports case and a glass screen protector; sounds good with distorted music like Black Sabbath, and it drives one of your more difficult IEMs just fine at high gain.
Then these comments were repeated....more than a few times.
Perhaps some scripting or editing for future pieces?

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #221 of 6,853
nvm

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #225 of 6,853
well, sorry about the earbuds guys. It was me who started it all :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back