The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #196 of 6,853
I hope by earbuds you don't mean the beats urbeats 3 ! Really, a guy came to me to purchase my rha t20i. He said that his beats earphone is the best earphone he had ever heard. When I paired it to his fiio x1 and listened to a vocal focused song, I couldn't believe myself that a $100 earphone can sound such crappy!! In that moment, I regretted that I am selling an iem of this calibre to a man who likes bass in a vocal-centric song. But i needed the money to buy this, so here i am, happy with my lz a4.

LOL...ahhhh, No!

Mar 17, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #197 of 6,853
20180318_003157.jpg
20180318_003112.jpg

Attachments

• 20180318_003147.jpg
    20180318_003147.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180318_003421.jpg
    20180318_003421.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 17, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #198 of 6,853
Mar 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #200 of 6,853
Indeed I do:
Seahf AWK-F150C
**** PT15 balanced

My Alibaba cart is ready just need to press go!
Woah! The seahf is a really high impedance earbud and the **** is a high sensitive one. But why earbuds? There r really good iems by rose in aliexpress.

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #201 of 6,853
Woah! The seahf is a really high impedance earbud and the **** is a high sensitive one. But why earbuds? There r really good iems by rose in aliexpress.

Why not earbuds? Can be very enjoyable to listen, small and light, come in a variety of shapes and sizes, nothing sticking inside your ear canal or pressing on your ears or turning your ears into a sauna- also they don't compare directly but a "good" earbud is generaly much more affordable than comparable IEMs.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #202 of 6,853
Why not earbuds? Can be very enjoyable to listen, small and light, come in a variety of shapes and sizes, nothing sticking inside your ear canal or pressing on your ears or turning your ears into a sauna- also they don't compare directly but a "good" earbud is generaly much more affordable than comparable IEMs.
Actually i really don't know much about earbuds. My experience with earbuds is only with the fiio em3 included with the fiio m3 dap. Although it sounded greater, it felt really awkward and there was not a lot of bass. That's why the above impression. But as you just said, on thinking about it, I might buy the **** just to try it. What do u think?

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #203 of 6,853
May I suggest one and one (one earbud and one iem)?

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #204 of 6,853
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #205 of 6,853
Actually i really don't know much about earbuds. My experience with earbuds is only with the fiio em3 included with the fiio m3 dap. Although it sounded greater, it felt really awkward and there was not a lot of bass. That's why the above impression. But as you just said, on thinking about it, I might buy the **** just to try it. What do u think?
Here is a website where one person has tried a lot of Cheaper IEM's and Earbuds. You can see which he recommends the most. Earbuds: https://audiobudget.com/leaderboard/earbuds IEMs: https://audiobudget.com/leaderboard/iem/all Just another reference...

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #206 of 6,853
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #207 of 6,853

I thought EM3 was not too bad for a pack-in earbud. Haven't heard **** myself. Suggest following the "Earbuds Round-Up" and "Absolute best budget earbuds?" threads here on head-fi to see what people are talking about and what suits your preferences for shape/sound (I find earbuds with "yuin-style" shells the most comfortable) . There are some big groups on facebook too

Anyway shoudl probably stick conversation back to Hiby DAP

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #208 of 6,853

Not a fan of IEM; comfort and isolation factors. Earbuds are easy in/out and can have an awesome sound signature. Yeah, those buds are different for variety!

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #209 of 6,853
Earbuds do make a good companion if you are travelling a lot, a nice change from IEMs, and even have somethign almost like an "open back" sound comparatively, though OFC there are also some IEMs that do.

I thought EM3 was not too bad for a pack-in earbud. Haven't heard **** myself. Suggest following the "Earbuds Round-Up" and "Absolute best budget earbuds?" threads here on head-fi to see what people are talking about and what suits your preferences for shape/sound (I find earbuds with "yuin-style" shells the most comfortable) . There are some big groups on facebook too
Yeah you're right. I should research a bit more about it at first and then make a purchase decision. Thanks for the help

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #210 of 6,853
Not a fan of IEM; comfort and isolation factors. Earbuds are easy in/out and can have an awesome sound signature. Yeah, those buds are different for variety!
Yeah, I too had those issues with my RHAs. But none so far with my lz a4. That is really an advantage of an earbud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back