The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 15, 2018 at 5:10 AM Post #1,517 of 6,859
Leo, you can always just disregard & ignore ‘my raving of a lunatic’ but actually from how Hiby phrased the reply I referenced I’m very sure when they said ‘Next Monday’ they meant the following week, so as I mentioned I’m not concerned at all about the shipping date because if the questionnaire/survey comes out next Monday as indicated then they’ll have enough info to start shipping with in a few days likely by weeks end I estimate, so that would mean shiipingbout mid late week of the 22-25th at earliest or 28-June1st.
Just the version going thru my head atm.
So you should’ve receiving yours a few days earlier than I, in a few weeks!

Yes I agree, more opportunities for new recordings to come out.
Still I’m amazed at how good many recordings from way back then sound so that we can enjoy on whatever option we choose.
Hopefully you’ll find a way to export your playlist somehow eventually.

Signing off for the night, but I’ll drop a few more of my fave gems you might like.

If you’ve got any you might want to share let me know...

GM
Zzzzz

Cheers...

I was just being a little bit of a smart ass about your KS comments :wink:

However.... The survey has just come through. Woohoo!

As for sharing some stuff with you, I’m now a little nervous too, hehe.

One modern album you may enjoy and I think the recording is absolutely brilliant is the first album from The Winery Dogs (self titled); some extremely talented musicians!

May 15, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #1,519 of 6,859
Does anyone happen to know how long it took for the R6 to be shipped after the survey? That might give us a better indication of how long the process will take.

May 15, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #1,520 of 6,859
Leo, you can always just disregard & ignore ‘my raving of a lunatic’ but actually from how Hiby phrased the reply I referenced I’m very sure when they said ‘Next Monday’ they meant the following week, so as I mentioned I’m not concerned at all about the shipping date because if the questionnaire/survey comes out next Monday as indicated then they’ll have enough info to start shipping with in a few days likely by weeks end I estimate, so that would mean shiipingbout mid late week of the 22-25th at earliest or 28-June1st.
Just the version going thru my head atm.
So you should’ve receiving yours a few days earlier than I, in a few weeks!

Yes I agree, more opportunities for new recordings to come out.
Still I’m amazed at how good many recordings from way back then sound so that we can enjoy on whatever option we choose.
Hopefully you’ll find a way to export your playlist somehow eventually.

Signing off for the night, but I’ll drop a few more of my fave gems you might like.

If you’ve got any you might want to share let me know...

GM
Zzzzz

Cheers...
Come on, guys!
it's thread for R3!
Please, stop spamming about music or I'll start talking about street art!

Attachments

• F16AE08C-65BF-446E-BED1-4DA20F1A45DA.jpeg
    F16AE08C-65BF-446E-BED1-4DA20F1A45DA.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 0
May 15, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #1,523 of 6,859
May 15, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #1,527 of 6,859
i really hope hiby doesnt wait for all backers before start shipping, also hopefully we getting it with the latest firmware out of the box.

if hiby needs more time however i think they should inform us beforehand, as much as like to have R3 with me right now i would rather wait to get it without issues as intended...just not wait too long :)

May 15, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #1,528 of 6,859
Yay, survey received and now submitted! Exciting!

On the topic of discussing music, i absolutely think it’s relevant and worthy to discuss music preferences on any of these gear threads. Ideally, connecting music to gear, e.g. to describe who a particular song sounds on a piece of gear, or what music is best for what gear, but even without an intentional connection, any music discussion seems okay to me. I come to this site knowing that i’ll encounter people who love music and chase gear because they love music. Seems inevitable and a non-issue.

May 15, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #1,529 of 6,859
On another note, i wonder how fast the r3 will power up. The r6 takes a minute. Not too bad, and much faster than the n5ii, but sill takes a minute. Hope the r3 powers up faster. A little thing.

It seems that for hadware, hiby took the philosophy with the r6 that the device speed is an important part of the dap user experience and made it very responsive. Much appreciated. Hope the r3 is the same. Youtube videos make it seem so, but hard to say until i actually use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back