1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New Double Dac R3 PRO expected late October.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370
372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381
Next

Last
  1. Snoopy112
    Firmware 3.2 Custom

3.2 International ver. (from Kickstarter);
    3.2 Chinese ver. (from JD and so on, rename the file to r3.upt before updating)

1. corrected translation (Russian and English),
    2. replaced the font with a new one by XVortex,
    3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some places. Main screen in second theme is based on the Hexagon theme by Steven Van Geert (see FB HiBy thread),
    4. repaired choosing colors sliders in the second theme,
    5. added adb (Android Debug Bridge),
    6. replaced the index page when connected to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and following file formats have been added: upt, txt, log, and t,
    7. added a radio to the top bar and replaced the built-in chinese radio stations (40 stations now), others you can persanally add to radio.txt file and put it in the root of your sd card,
    8. all binary files have been striped,
    9. optimized all *png files,
    10. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
    11. extended database limit to 65000 tracks,
    12. automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks,
    13. added automatically start playback after player is turning on (you should add in the root of sd card file key_settings.conf with "autoplay=1" line).

Last update: 31.05.2019

alexmock, Micha0815, keby7 and 9 others like this.
  2. Squonk12
    Thanks Snoop.

Snoopy112 and surfgeorge like this.
  3. Squonk12
    YAY! I can connect/update via home network now. Wouldn't connect in the past for some reason. Always had to update via mobile hotspot. Not a big deal but is nice. :)

4. Vimtoman
    If you go to top right icon in main screen "jump to track playing" when you swipe back to view the source of the track it should go back to source/album instead it goes to root ?

root/artist/album/track

it should follow this route regardless when you swipe back from play screen

instead you get

root

@Joe Bloggs can you sort out this last bit please

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  5. zerohalo
    Thank you, Snoopy for these amazing customizations.

Looks like the Chinese radio stations are still there, but everything else seems to be working!

6. Snoopy112
    Yes, it's rather inconvenient moment, but I did it to save yours Favourites radio stations after updating firmware... If you have Chinese stations now, you should to restore default settings from menu.

7. zerohalo
    Resetting worked, thank you!

8. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    I'm asking about it.

Vimtoman likes this.
  9. mikp
    Crash with latest firmware. When set as ldac high, then connecting jabra 65 (SBC) crashes the r3. Have to manually set it to sbc first.

edit..
    r3 has to be set as sbc or it crashes.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  10. ranwill
    Same here. Crashes while connected to bluetooth with anything other that sbc. Using Soundcore Neo

11. poprivet
    Same here, anything but SBC crashes the player as soon as I press play on any audio file (mp3 or FLAC). Probably should have had it set to SBC anyway for my Funcl W1 earbuds, but not good that it just crashes if you don't have the right codec.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  12. MVVp
    Weird problem with 3.2 custom. Every time I switch the player off and on, I have to select a song to start with.
    The song I was playing before is not remembered. When I swipe right, I get an empty screen showing "Hiby Music".

I had to reset the player due to the issue with Chinese radio stations mentioned above.

I was used to the last played song continuing from where it was when I switched off (auto switch off with sleep timer usually, but the same goes when I manually switch off).

13. Snoopy112
    Which item is selected in the section “Resume play from last”? Track? You want to play tracks from sd card? For me track and position work as it should. May be something wrong with database?

14. MVVp
    Ah, forgot about that whole setting, which was of course lost during the reset.
    Thanks, solved.

15. jj69
    Quick question: Why is the L/R balance control greyed out when using the digital output? As someone who relies on a balance control for most playback, this drives me crazy. And limits me to devices with a working Rockbox port when using an external DAC.

I'm not aware of a single DAC on the market with a balance control, so why eliminate such a crucial feature from the transport?

Any chance of remedying this in a future firmware update?

First

Back
361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370
372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381
Next

Last