Separate names with a comma.
Can you show the graph ? Any impedance swing or is it flat line ?
Im trying to decide if I should buy the Hiby R3 or the Fiio M6 since as of today they are both almost the same price. Would love someone who owns both to chime in on which one would work better for regular(not balanced) wired connection of mostly music played from the card and not streaming services. Looking for the best possible sound quality. thanks
I'm in the same boat as you, though the Hiby is £25 more expensive here in the UK (for what I can find).
Thanks for letting me know about the price dip - I've been checking regularly, but of course I haven't had access to my Amazon account for the last few days and could not check the price. If only Amazon would fix their problems with my account....
I'm not an expert on the R3 or the M6, but my conclusion after reading all of the relevant threads and reviews is to go with the R3. Like you, I'm interested mainly in wired listening from files on a card. I think the general sound quality and user interface, plus the easily-changed equalizer settings, would tip the scales for me for the R3. That's my impression, anyway.
Does anyone know if qobuz can store offline files on the R3, other than tidal?
No offline for qobuz or Tidal on R3
It would have been better if I had actual test resistors for use in the test. The test assumes that the single dynamic driver IEMs I put in parallel with the output give their nominal 16 ohms impedance throughout the frequency range. The dip at 3500Hz may be caused by a minor resonance impedance peak of the drivers at that frequency.
Guys, i'm going to buy R3 after long research and price drop. Anybody purchased from store.hiby.com? They are legit, right?
More than legit. The R3 is a great unit. I've had mine from Kickstarter.
you mean directly from the manufacture themselves?!
of course its legit
MEE Audio Pinnacle PX, Ostry kc09, Hifiman re00 and Grado iGe.
only grado sounds bearable, others gets even worse on balanced...very hot treble.
the genre i listen to doesn't help, i listed mainly to metal which most of them aren't mastered that well.
only good thing working properly is Bluetooth, but then again that depends on the earphones themselves.
i will give it another try when my tin hifi T3 arrives..although not expecting big difference.
Try the MSEB (MageSound 8-ball)...?
There really shouldn't be much in the way of hardware quirks on the R3 that are driving your earphones much brighter than "normal".
Firmware 3.1 Custom
3.1 International ver. (from Kickstarter);
3.1 Chinese ver. (from JD and so on, rename the file to r3.upt before updating)
Spoiler: Changes in custom FW
1. corrected translation (Russian and English),
2. replaced the font with a new one by XVortex,
3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some places. Main screen in second theme is based on the Hexagon theme by Steven Van Geert (see FB HiBy thread),
4. repaired choosing colors sliders in the second theme,
5. added adb (Android Debug Bridge),
6. replaced the index page when connected to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and following file formats have been added: upt, txt, log, and t,
7. added a radio to the top bar and replaced the built-in chinese radio stations (40 stations now), others you can persanally add to radio.txt file and put it in the root of your sd card,
8. all binary files have been striped,
9. optimized all *png files,
10. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
11. extended database limit to 65000 tracks,
12. automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks,
13. added automatically start playback after player is turning on (you should add in the root of sd card file key_settings.conf with "autoplay=1" line).
Last update: 22.05.2019
Hiby store has 30% off for easter from 17th to 22nd
Hiby states that r3 delivers 56mw + 56 mw in 3.5, does it mean that it delivers 112mw or just 56mw?