The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Aug 20, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #4,054 of 6,853
yes, it seems to work but I could reproduce the issue.

Did you stop song playing before turning on MSEB?

When I reproduced the issue MSEB did not work on any bt codec.

MSEB was on before I even pressed to play anything. I stopped playback, flipped the switch OFF/ON and still get the sound like as if MSEB was turned OFF.

Which LDAC mode did you choose?

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #4,055 of 6,853
Did anyone get the OTA update?

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #4,056 of 6,853
Did anyone get the OTA update?

I received the below from HiBy earlier today when I asked the question:

"For the latest Firmware, since this time we no longer distinguishes the international version and chinese version, It will become a kind of version and all functions also will become the same. So we launched the Firmware for chinese version updated at first on 18th Aug, The Firmware for international version updated will be launched in next few days."

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #4,057 of 6,853
MSEB was on before I even pressed to play anything. I stopped playback, flipped the switch OFF/ON and still get the sound like as if MSEB was turned OFF.

Which LDAC mode did you choose?

high quality

Well, i found some issues:

If MSEB is set to on when starting the r3, bt connection often fails (with sony 1000x) or takes a long time to connect

Also once in ldac mode the r3 hanged when playing .dff file. Then had to remove the 1000x and repair.

Aug 20, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #4,060 of 6,853
Anyone has any idea why I am not being able to login in my Tidal account with the Hiby R3?
I am connected to the wifi network and when I type my e-mail and password, it says that username or password is incorrect. I tried before and after the new firmware (1.12). Same message.
When I try to login in my account in my computer using the browser or Tidal program for Windows, it works without issues.

Aug 20, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #4,061 of 6,853
Anyone know how the load playlist function actually works? I tried putting m3u playlists in different locations (root, playlist folder etc) but all returned Playlist not found error

Aug 20, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #4,062 of 6,853
Anyone know how the load playlist function actually works? I tried putting m3u playlists in different locations (root, playlist folder etc) but all returned Playlist not found error

Hiby's OS traditionally only recognizes external playlists in folder browse mode. If you try to find them in the category playlist menu, you will be frustrated. If you're looking at the folder browse mode and they don't work, try ensuring the M3U files are using relative paths, and Unix/Linux file separators (slash instead of backslash).

Aug 20, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #4,063 of 6,853
I received the below from HiBy earlier today when I asked the question:

"For the latest Firmware, since this time we no longer distinguishes the international version and chinese version, It will become a kind of version and all functions also will become the same. So we launched the Firmware for chinese version updated at first on 18th Aug, The Firmware for international version updated will be launched in next few days."

If its the same why cant we download it on Wifi?
Really.

Aug 20, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #4,064 of 6,853
Hiby's OS traditionally only recognizes external playlists in folder browse mode. If you try to find them in the category playlist menu, you will be frustrated. If you're looking at the folder browse mode and they don't work, try ensuring the M3U files are using relative paths, and Unix/Linux file separators (slash instead of backslash).

The format of the playlist themselves are fine and I can read them (and create a copy) in the folder mode, it's the newly added load playlist function in the new firmware (1.12) that I'm having issues with. I'm assuming it's supposed to load m3u playlists without having me to manually copy them, but it won't find any playlist files no matter where I put the m3u files.

Aug 20, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #4,065 of 6,853
If its the same why cant we download it on Wifi?
Really.
I tried the download of FW that Snoory112 listed and it just relaoded FW1.11, I also tried the Chinese version that Snoopy112 lists on the Russina site he also visits but it wil not load either. May just wait for the OTA FW update when HiBy send it out unless any one else has any suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back