The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Aug 13, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #3,961 of 6,859
Hi,
I'm really surprised nobody wants the obvious feature of displaying music by album-artist. Please hiby! It's strange to see bands like daft punk multiple times because of all the featurings.
Thanks a lot!

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #3,964 of 6,859
It does open into the last played song. Set it in "Settings/Plat settings/Resume play from last" set to track. Though buggy when charging/shutdown cycle.
Led's are set for Codec played and this is what Hiby has chosen for their range of players. Dont think they would change that.
I would set the Shutdown timer to save power.

FYI @Joe Bloggs

I found that all our comments on issues with the R3 were lost in the thread and unknown whether Hiby were taking note or rectifying. So started this list to keep up to date when Hiby does come back to the thread.

List continues. Additions by various members

1. Option to turn off Top and bottom swipe features
2. When resuming to last track played from shutdown,Swiping back goes to that particular songs album list rather than the root of all files list.
3. When choosing a track to play to go to the full play screen rather than stay in the list.
4. LDAC
5. fix characters for åø樨 etc created with external playlist
6. upload folder on wifi
7. Quick search in playlist. General search function?
8. Resume from previous song/position after shutdown/charging. Buggy in shutdown/charging cycle.
9. Ability to delete folders in the files menu whose name contains an apostrophe
10. normal keyboard if possible. i used to have a kickstarter Omate smartwatch with a tiny 1.x' display with a full qwerty keyboard, this is far bigger and a full keyboard can be easily added.

Anybody else have any additions to the list?

11. Make the second menu bar (All-Files-Abums-Artists-Genres) 50% wider to make it easier to hit, also the list symbol (after opening "Genres")
I keep having difficulties touching those menu items
12. Add a "neutral" digital signal processing option
13. Shuffle doesn't seem to be fixed on my unit yet, it sometimes keeps playing some songs much more often than others

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #3,965 of 6,859
FYI @Joe Bloggs

I found that all our comments on issues with the R3 were lost in the thread and unknown whether Hiby were taking note or rectifying. So started this list to keep up to date when Hiby does come back to the thread.

2. When resuming to last track played from shutdown,Swiping back goes to that particular songs album list rather than the root of all files list.
3. When choosing a track to play to go to the full play screen rather than stay in the list.
4. LDAC
6. upload folder on wifi
8. Resume from previous song/position after shutdown/charging. Buggy in shutdown/charging cycle.
9. Ability to delete folders in the files menu whose name contains an apostrophe
10. normal keyboard if possible. i used to have a kickstarter Omate smartwatch with a tiny 1.x' display with a full qwerty keyboard, this is far bigger and a full keyboard can be easily added.
11. Make the second menu bar (All-Files-Abums-Artists-Genres) 50% wider to make it easier to hit, also the list symbol (after opening "Genres")
13. Shuffle doesn't seem to be fixed on my unit yet, it sometimes keeps playing some songs much more often than others
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual.
16. mini samba server .

Does anybody know what the three icons do on the right of the drop down window?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #3,966 of 6,859
upload_2018-8-13_16-3-11.png

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #3,967 of 6,859
FYI @Joe Bloggs

4. LDAC
6. upload folder on wifi
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual.

Since it's based on linux, it would be very nice to have a mini samba server, personally I don't get the usefulness of the web interface.
I think dlna/upnp browser is a must, having just a renderer isn't very usefull if you are not controlling it with your phone or pc.

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #3,969 of 6,859
Just plonked it on the list. That would be a good one.
It needs too much decoding power on the SoC to handle that IMO. I could be entirely wrong. :)

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #3,970 of 6,859

I have a few smaller suggestions...

How about the ability to flip the next/previous buttons on the side so that they follow the 'up is next' behaviour we're used to on cable remotes. At the moment I find it counter-intuitive.

I'd also like the ability to turn off the screen based volume control that appears when using the volume buttons. Or at least have it just occupy the side of the screen (and tapping outside of the volume control closes it to return to the main UI).

The small back button when in airplay/bluetooth/DAC mode (in the top left corner) is sometimes really difficult to hit.

Oh, and the Hiby remote app to stop constantly crashing on iPhone X :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #3,971 of 6,859
FYI @Joe Bloggs

4. LDAC
6. upload folder on wifi
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual.
16. mini samba server .

Thanks for compiling this! Not sure if it's only me but playback stutters when I scroll quickly through the songs list. Also, a style list for external playlist files and recommended settings for lyric files would be good.

I still can't get lrc or embedded lyrics to display on R3. I use MusicBee, though some have gotten it to work using FooBar?

Aug 13, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #3,973 of 6,859
DLNA, Airplay and the other one on the bottom row looks like share, but it's greyed out right now. I'm not sure what that does.

Cheers Mouseman.

FYI @Joe Bloggs

4. LDAC
6. upload folder on wifi
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual.
16. mini samba server .If pos.
17. Back button hard to activate. Interfered with by drop down . See #1
18. Embedded Lyrics to show. Info on how?
19.Odd stuttering when track list moved
20.Option to flip FWD REV buttons.
21. Option to deactivate on screen volume control. Hiby has three options to control Volume which really is too much.Buttons ,GUI and swipe up.
22. Sort out Hiby link crashing.
23. A quick toggle to enable and disable MSEB, or an option added to the context menu on the now playing screen (there is already one for the normal equalizer).
24. A 'View Artist' option in the context menu on the now playing screen.
25. The ability to start a radio station from an artist or track in Tidal, like is available on the platform natively.
25. Audio book podcast facility
26.Shuffle mode to have resume track position.
27. Option to have auto start track on powerup.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #3,974 of 6,859
Has anyone know how to use ADB with R3? I have an "error: device is still connected" and neither command is working.

In additional functions, I strongly need an auto start playing func after the player is turns on and may be add internet radio if it possible.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #3,975 of 6,859
Cheers Mouseman.

FYI @Joe Bloggs

4. LDAC
6. upload folder on wifi
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual.
16. mini samba server .If pos.
17. Back button hard to activate. Interfered with by drop down . See #1
18. Embedded Lyrics to show. Info on how?
19.Odd stuttering when track list moved
20.Option to flip FWD REV buttons.
21. Option to deactivate on screen volume control. Hiby has three options to control Volume which really is too much.Buttons ,GUI and swipe up.
22. Sort out Hiby link crashing.

Audiobook and Podcast support?
Basically, excluded from shuffle, saves current position, allows variable speeds (1x, 1.1x, 1.25x).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back