The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 4, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #3,316 of 6,857
Right now I'm dealing with an issue with my R3 in which it refuses to complete a music scan. In either case, the music scan will freeze after a random amount of songs (as early as 200, as late as 3900) with it either hard-locking or soft-locking (volume controls work). In either case, the cancel button does nothing and requires power cycling the device by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. The memory card came out of my Rockbox'ed Sansa ClipZip that worked just fine, so I'm at a loss of what is causing the issue.

Has anybody else encountered this issue? I'm going to hate to have to iteratively load and re-index 400+ albums to identify the culprit that is causing the R3 to lock up.

Had a card I took out of a Rockbox'ed ClipZip in mine for a few days (until my bigger card arrived). No issues with it in the short while it was in there, so maybe it is down to one of the files?

Jul 4, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #3,317 of 6,857
not unlikely,, the shuffle all songs is broken on this one, Any other character than english and it is repeated with different track numbers.
But if you go to artist-songs then shuffle works without getting stuck on the same song.

Jul 4, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #3,318 of 6,857
Your b400 may have been faulty as there is definitely no hiss at all with mine + r3. It could also be that they just don’t suit your taste. After all we all hear differently and have different ear anatomy that affects the way we hear music.

I have no hiss with mine either.. Saying that they do sound a little overdriven on the balanced out, fine otherwise. They sound pretty good on the R3, better on the AP200 and when I got to borrow a Mojo, I was blown away with how good the B400s sound. I have no regrets.

They have also just announced a price drop across all colours $199.50.

5e2cd5f1-d68f-4942-a643-85ca23f9c3ba.jpg

Jul 5, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #3,320 of 6,857
Are you shuffling all 1500 at once? Could be possible that list had no special characters. I have 15,000 so have a greater chance of it encountering one. Every file that has kept repeating so far for me has had a special character. If I re-tag to fix, it just finds another file and repeats it over and over. Very frustrating. Hope they are working on a fix.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I selected all files and hit the random button in the bottom left corner. Played about 35 tracks with no problems (all my tags are using normal characters).

Jul 5, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #3,321 of 6,857
I got some updates in my List of Issues (see quote).
(cannot we make a sticky post with all issues we collected? so it will be easier for Hiby to have that sorted out.)

@Joe Bloggs / @fanoble

@Joe Bloggs / @fanoble

My R3s arrived yesterday and I tested both for some time.
I am good with SQ but there are too many issues to use them for now.. waiting for an updated firmware to be happy to use them again
This is the outcome, can you answer these please?:

Issues and questions (only on both devices, the other issues seem to be device specific):
1. is the GAIN setting real gain? or just pushing up or lowering the output level via software and is the impedance altered between both gain settings?
2. Will it be included to support embedded lyrics and album arts? or do I need to pull all information into files for my complete library?
3. can you pleasde fix the issue that the clock resets to its initial timezone then and when, e.g. when entering a menu?
4. Loading of the artworks takes qbout 2 secs when scrolling down,.. and again when scrolling up. that is disturbing, is there a way to cache or preload them?
5. I need manual.. I do not know what many items of the options really mean and I do not see an effect on some, when is a manual planned?
6. up to date players can connect to two devices to play music to them via bt5, eg BT-Speakers. is bluetooth 5 planned?
7. Wireless LAN can not be connected to WLANs that are not broadcasting SSID, although there is an option to manually insert the SSID and Password..I have secure not broadcasted ssids:frowning2:
8. During Bluetooth playback you cannot exit the playscreen without disconnecting from bluetooth, so no equalizer MSEB or system settings can be made.. why?
9. I cannot select the Bluetooth codec to be used, will this be implemented? for some devices this is neccessary.
10. sporadic freezes in the menu occur for no obvious reason, is this known?
11. After reboot is starts into bluetooth receiving mode is this works as designed? I would assume it should go into the standard music overview interface. (it started doing this after configuring bluetooth once.
12. DSD files of 1,2 GB Sample rate 1822.4, 6Channels, Bitrate 16934kbps are not playable. break every 0,5 second.!!!
13. pressing an option in the settings menu sometimes throws one off to the basic screen.
14. Songs in an Album are not sorted at all. not by name, file title nor by track nr! Thats horrible and makes them unusable for me .(

Which of these things are being fixed in the next firmware upgrade. and.. you have an idea when it will come?

Nice to have requests:
1. can we setup a background wallpaper at some time?
2. include last.fm to track and scrobble played songs.

Good Stuff:
the playback SQ is really good for this size, I really enjoy it.
The MSEB is working gorgeous, I am not a fan of Equalizers but.. wow.
playback is quick and reaction time on the screen is perfect for me.
edit: I forgot about the display.. the display is gorgeous! no hoghlights, no dark areas, just allover bright and wow :)

Jul 5, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #3,322 of 6,857
@ JoeBloggs:

I second having a full complete & detailed user manual available to us as there seems to be many functions/options that need to be explained & walked thru & just to have as a handy reference, could it be added via firmware or downloaded to memory card.

My clock keeps arbitrarily resetting itself as well.

Is it possible to make the the vertical A-Z on the right side, to make the letters say 2x’s bigger as they’re ex small & not v easy to touch the right letter you want.

I’ve noticed that tapping the gain butting when it’s off or in the low setting often does not activate to the hi gain setting as well it often doesn’t change from grey to the aqua blue color to show its changed.

Is it possible to have a search function like the magnifying glass.

That’s a few things I’ve noticed or need dealing with.

Thx.

Jul 5, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #3,323 of 6,857
Are you shuffling all 1500 at once? Could be possible that list had no special characters. I have 15,000 so have a greater chance of it encountering one. Every file that has kept repeating so far for me has had a special character. If I re-tag to fix, it just finds another file and repeats it over and over. Very frustrating. Hope they are working on a fix.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I could use mp3tag to replace every åøæ or letters with umlaut. But changing them back is not as easy IF there comes a fix

Jul 5, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #3,325 of 6,857
Wickham - for you even the included charging cable should work!
I don’t think it will work for me. The USB input on my DAC is a Type B, the square one rather than the flat one. I’ll need to find a cable that goes usb c to usb type b. Might be hard to find.

Jul 5, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #3,326 of 6,857
I don’t think it will work for me. The USB input on my DAC is a Type B, the square one rather than the flat one. I’ll need to find a cable that goes usb c to usb type b. Might be hard to find.

You are right - they are not that common but I bought some through Amazon.
Needed them to connect my DAPs to the Chord 2Qute.

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #3,327 of 6,857
Jul 5, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #3,328 of 6,857
Jul 5, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #3,329 of 6,857
Hello everyone, i received my R3 yesterday. First thing I tried to do is connect to Tidal, but when i want to play a song, i get 'playback failed' on every song...
I created hotspot with my samsung S6 and then it works. Both networks are 2.4 Ghz so that's not the problem. I tried changing every possible setting on my home router but nothing helps, always playback failed.
Some of you had the same problem, did someone find the solution?

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #3,330 of 6,857
Hello everyone, i received my R3 yesterday. First thing I tried to do is connect to Tidal, but when i want to play a song, i get 'playback failed' on every song...
I created hotspot with my samsung S6 and then it works. Both networks are 2.4 Ghz so that's not the problem. I tried changing every possible setting on my home router but nothing helps, always playback failed.
Some of you had the same problem, did someone find the solution?
Is there some kind of firewall that you have to open up? You might have to find out which port it needs to access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back