The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 29, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #3,032 of 6,844
What case is that on your mojo? link if possible please? :)
That is my 3D printing project :)
It's a protoype at the moment, but now that I have the R3 I can get to work to finalize it.
I want to create a combined case, or maybe just glue the R3 case to the back of this one.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #3,035 of 6,844
i dont know maybe i got carried away the quest for audio nirvana never ends....the Hiby R3 is not a bad sounding player at all the only thing i didnt like was the treble it sounded a bit splashy to my ears it didnt come alive enough for me .... and the eq setting just muddied the sound.

Based purely on sound only, forget the features and that gorgeous screen it has.... my Cowon plenue D sounded better to my ears and the Sony A45 both had better treble and bass slam and soundstage this is just my opinion !!

Out of the box the treble is splashy and the stage is somewhat narrow. But after about 60 hours my treble has refined and the stage has opened up. Balanced is even better.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #3,037 of 6,844
Glad my R3 has no defects so far. Lineout to external DAC/amp works, WiFi with Tidal works, Bluetooth to speakers/soundbars works too! Can't wait for LDAC and hopefully spotify to come.
Only thing left is the 2.5mm balanced port. Don't have a balanced cable to test if that is working lol

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #3,038 of 6,844
Out of the box the treble is splashy and the stage is somewhat narrow. But after about 60 hours my treble has refined and the stage has opened up. Balanced is even better.
yes i agree balanced was good ..i sold mine now i have a slight tinge of regret to be honest ..lol...Anyway i will buy another sometime soon ...i have an M0 coming soon

Jun 29, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #3,039 of 6,844
@Joe Bloggs
Kickstarter backers (46 from Russia especially) want to get R3.
Our track-numbers no update for a long time.
On site logistic company we see - "Shipment information received. "
Typically, this status appears when the track number is only reserved by the seller for sending.
HiBy Music just reserved number at 4px/singapore post/ DHL etc.
But really dont send parcels.

At Facebook in Hiby User Group made 5 post about track-number.
No comments, HiBy Music just ignored all of it.

And HiBy Music refuse refund/moneyback when I wrote personal letter on kickstarter.
Reason- we send parcel.
However, HiBy Music cannot prove that the parcel was actually sent.
But track-number isnt prove.

Any comments?

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #3,041 of 6,844
Finally i am listening my r3, it is gem of a device..... ı have my Fiio pro with me they are just a fine pair, i dont miss my sp1000/encores during my vacation... still thinking that tidal offline would be so nice

İ will try anything they lunch...

But please do not use dhl

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #3,043 of 6,844
Two things that is quite annoying about my R3:
1. The time always defaults to Beijing time whenever it connects to Wi-Fi
2. I always get Tap “Subscribe” to start free trial on certain songs in Tidal. I have a valid log in, I can play most of my playlists I’ve no problem streaming songs, no connection dropouts , but for some reason this always pops up, and only for certain songs and artists. I tried logging out then back in, rebooting, resetting, nothing works. I’m on the latest firmware as well.
93E09743-8B9C-4888-8C81-57DF6C3F593A.jpeg

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #3,045 of 6,844
Two things that is quite annoying about my R3:
1. The time always defaults to Beijing time whenever it connects to Wi-Fi
2. I always get Tap “Subscribe” to start free trial on certain songs in Tidal. I have a valid log in, I can play most of my playlists I’ve no problem streaming songs, no connection dropouts , but for some reason this always pops up, and only for certain songs and artists. I tried logging out then back in, rebooting, resetting, nothing works. I’m on the latest firmware as well.
Happens to me too. Glad im not alone. @Joe Bloggs and Hiby..please take note of this bug.
My guess would be the connection to tidal server dropped out, so it would revert to "no account" mode, hence the "subscribe" pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back