The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 19, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #2,596 of 6,857
So not all black units were shipped I see ...more like not enough made or if I want to be cynical all sold in the Chinese market before Kickstarter backers ...so we have to wait for a new fresh production of these units ...Hiby you messed up on this campaign not happy at all along with a lot of other backers

All black units WERE shipped, what makes you think otherwise?

The fact that tracking numbers are not available for everybody yet?

It's been mentioned numerous times that we have to ship through a shipping proxy out of China so that a tracking number may not be available for days after we have shipped.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 19, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #2,597 of 6,857
@goody do you know things that we don't? :wink:

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #2,598 of 6,857

It's been mentioned numerous times that we have to ship through a shipping proxy out of China so that a tracking number may not be available for days after we have shipped.

See, that's the problem. From a customer's point of view, "shipped" means getting the tracking number. We don't care where the item is moving from your warehouse to particular location. That's your problem internally.

So what you need is to communicate with customers in mind and update in Kickstarter comment and not here as not everybody uses Headfi.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #2,599 of 6,857

Joe thanks but as per kickstarter post everyone should ( except few grays and black) have received tracking number by Tuesday . Messages like this convey and set incorrect expectations among customers.

Attachments

• 7BD7730B-B5EB-4A57-8F9F-BA872B429D17.jpeg
    7BD7730B-B5EB-4A57-8F9F-BA872B429D17.jpeg
    872.7 KB · Views: 0
Jun 20, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #2,600 of 6,857
Peter, can please you clarify if you play the songs from your NAS on your R3? Otherwise there's no point -at least for me- to stream media from the R3 to other devices.

What NAS do you have BTW?

Agreed, not sure why I would (personally) use the R3 as the DLNA server? I have a DLNA server running at home with way more music then can fit on my SD Card, and would like to stream from that...

I hope they can update to pull from a DLNA server like their ios/android applications do.

Jun 20, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #2,601 of 6,857
Maybe it's not re right place to ask but, does anyone has been trying to conect the R3 to an android phone? (Hiby Link)
Mine arrived today and I am trying to make it work without any luck.
Aside from that problem, it is a great DAP.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #2,602 of 6,857
Maybe it's not re right place to ask but, does anyone has been trying to conect the R3 to an android phone? (Hiby Link)
Mine arrived today and I am trying to make it work without any luck.
Aside from that problem, it is a great DAP.
Try switching phone bluetooth off and on again. Pair using the Client mode. For me I switched on R3 bluetooth and did the pairing from the phone once the R3 appeared on the Hiby Link app.

Another way is to pair by tapping on r3 from the bluetooth devices list in android settings.

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #2,603 of 6,857
I was told that as of now most shipment tracking notifications have been sent out. Only 313 shipments (out of all black unit orders and gray unit orders up to #736) remain untracked as of now; tracking info for them will be tracked down and sent by tomorrow.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #2,604 of 6,857

via KS the HiBy team stated this via Private Message for some Backers..

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #2,605 of 6,857
via KS the HiBy team stated this via Private Message for some Backers..

Okay but the HQ warehouse is literally the same room as where I work (when I'm not in Hong Kong). The hired KS team is a whole city away and needs be told things again that I'm telling here. :confused:

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #2,606 of 6,857
Okay but the HQ warehouse is literally the same room as where I work (when I'm not in Hong Kong). The hired KS team is a whole city away and needs be told things again that I'm telling here. :confused:
I feel your pain :) The same things happens in the same office of 3 people again and again here so.. :)
Most of us are patient so its fine.

but I hope the shipping information will reach me today as I did not get any.. and one of the r3s was planned as a present.. I will stand there without anything in my hands unfortunately, but thats personal pain :wink:

Looking forward to a hopefully gorgeous device.

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #2,607 of 6,857
i am bit confused , does R3 have tidal

and from where u buy hiby r3 that ships internationally

Jun 20, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #2,608 of 6,857
@Joe Bloggs not a shipping info message.
Just a "Pre receiving R3" needing tip.

I want to have my playlists ready on my SDcard before I have the R3.
Do you recommend any software (windows) where I can organize booth FLAC and other audio files?

Thanks a lot!
Props from Portugal

S.Earlybird Bcker#85

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #2,610 of 6,857
Thanks @Joe Bloggs for the assist for the working temporary solution to my problem with playlists.

While i am hopeful newer versions can help make my life a little easier with compatibility to my current playlists, batch processing find and replace of slashes at least allows the files to work. It doubles my effort every time i make changes, but it’s still better than trying to futz with modifying playlists on the r3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back