The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 19, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #2,566 of 6,853
Spent today with the R3, battery from 100% to 7% in 7 hours 20 mins. WiFi off, Bluetooth off, low gain, vol at 20 -35, balanced. The clear case is not a good fit, fixed with a bit of blu-tac. Any new case could cover the card slot the card almost sticks out 0.5mm or even better use a card tray. Sounds very enjoyable on all genres of music without EQ. You can have some good customisation with MSEB and or EQ to make up for your hearing or cans. Money well pledged.:sunglasses: Now to try DNLA from the server:fingers_crossed:

Not bad battery life for a small unit. I might do a battery test and just let it run at a fixed volume with no screen usage. I’m just curious as to what that number would be.

Btw what type of files were you playing?

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #2,568 of 6,853
Spent today with the R3, battery from 100% to 7% in 7 hours 20 mins. WiFi off, Bluetooth off, low gain, vol at 20 -35, balanced. The clear case is not a good fit, fixed with a bit of blu-tac. Any new case could cover the card slot the card almost sticks out 0.5mm or even better use a card tray. Sounds very enjoyable on all genres of music without EQ. You can have some good customisation with MSEB and or EQ to make up for your hearing or cans. Money well pledged.:sunglasses: Now to try DNLA from the server:fingers_crossed:
I'm also very impressed withnsound, battery, usability, looks, with pretty much everything.

Joe, however, ruled out dlna. There is no such option and apparently there won't ever be.

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #2,569 of 6,853
Feeling ya.
No r3 yet.... so I dragged everyfolder to my card...
But wanted to know a software to create and export a playlist As I wish

Otherwise I bet it will always be alphabetical, year or by xplayed order....

No Facebook help with that....
And still no answer...

But at last got some EletricWizard Flacs

That is one thing I like about 8 Player iOS app for MojoPoly. I have a lot of issues with MojoPoly in general, and I have a lot of issues with 8 Player, but it's one advantage over using the GoFigure app or the Glider iOS version is the ability to sort any number of ways, and also create playlists from my Mac using Cantata by directly accessing the MojoPoly over wifi as the MP has a DLNA server mode.

I don't really care about DLNA server mode, but
- editing playlists (including manual sequencing of songs) from the Mac
- or importing/syncing with playlists
- sorting songs in playlists multiple ways (alphabetical, by when it was added, by how it's sequenced, by track number)

Would be truly preferred.

Having hundreds of playlists built over 15 years, enjoying them immensely especially when they play in the order I want, means having access to those playlists on my r3 is really important to me. Important enough that despite the incredible form factor (love it's size!), and beautiful interface, I'm just not using it as much as the MojoPoly. I've only just managed to make about 8 playlists on the r6, so that is an okay dap for me right now. But would love to get all my playlists on the r3 and r6, so at least I can select the device based on what I want to do, instead of based on what playlists it has available....

Seems like a small thing, I know. But to me, it's pretty big.

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #2,570 of 6,853
Yep DNLA works, Clic the DNLA symbol on the top swipe down, go to the music player on your NAS
select external audio device
3Oucy33.jpg

and haypresto it pops up on the R3
8U9Opmr.jpg

cover art and all:sunglasses:
qvYsug5.jpg

range only limited by you wifi in my case about 50 meters.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #2,571 of 6,853
I had the same issue with Art work on the R6.
If you browse the R6 forum there is a work around for that album art problem.
Mine is fully working. All art work.
From what I recall, that involved embedding the cover in each and every track (FLAC). VERY time consuming task when you have hundreds of albums...
I hope HiBy figures it out and fixes it in their app. Not a showstopper for me - just an annoyance.

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #2,572 of 6,853
So does the R3 like any particular format of the mSD card?

From what I recall, that involved embedding the cover in each and every track (FLAC). VERY time consuming task when you have hundreds of albums...
I hope HiBy figures it out and fixes it in their app. Not a showstopper for me - just an annoyance.

Yes when you start to rip you realy need to think ahead, use EAC or even just itunes to rip and it's done for you. 2898 abums over 10 years in my case all correctly tagged and with abum art inclucing individual album art on individual tracks on compilations nearly 3.5tb of music, and yes backed up x3. Labour of luv.

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #2,573 of 6,853
@Joe Bloggs, I still don't have my tracking number, which is a good thing in my case (I'm part of a rare species: the patient "audiophile"). If possible, I'd like to receive everything I ordered (2 leather cases, coax cable and black R3) in a single package.

Backer #267, Mexico City

Thanks!

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #2,574 of 6,853
Yes when you start to rip you realy need to think ahead, use EAC or even just itunes to rip and it's done for you. 2898 abums over 10 years in my case all correctly tagged and with abum art inclucing individual album art on individual tracks on compilations nearly 3.5tb of music, and yes backed up x3. Labour of luv.
I have 1200 albums or so... Much newer to the hobby than you are, and still learning new things as I move forward :wink:

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #2,575 of 6,853
Jun 19, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #2,576 of 6,853
# Petter1480 , # Zachik : You two are away ahead of myself , as I'm a complete newbie to this hobie... However I do have just over 3,800 albums of a large variety of musical taste .
I'm about to dive in head first with this lossless audio .. With the R3 I've also purchased the HidizsDH 1000 , and a pair of campfire Orions ... Hope that this is a good starting kit to begin with..
Done mostly by my own research and some YOUTube ... Still waiting for my R3 , but i"m at the back end with a grey and leather case with cable soooooo not expecting it till the end of next week
sadly ... : ( ( wanting to learn how to rip my original albums to flac or whatever I can yet... much more to learn I'm afraid ) LOL Cheers Gentlemen :beers:

Jun 19, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #2,577 of 6,853
Jun 19, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #2,578 of 6,853
Once again, we did not pay for a product. We all pledged money to financially support a development and production effort.
I hope that this post does not come off as condescension. This was not my intent in the least. My intention was to provide accurate information in hopes that doing so would help reset unrealistic expectations regarding crowd funding campaigns.

Congratulations, this post read to me as extremely condescending. Contrary to the pseudo legalese, we in fact did purchase a product. In fact, a product that was already in manufacturing.
Any protestations to the otherwise defies common logic. In this case, use of Kickstarter was a way to generate group enthusiasm for a completed product, not invest in R&D for an unproven concept.

As I am backer #140, I must say it is frustrating to see so many later backers get their products and at least tracking information. Although I have been told I would receive tracking information today, that has not arrived and no it is not in my junk or spam box (yes I checked).

Personally, at this point I would like to receive my unit (grey) and have HiBy refund my leather case as I will have two plastic cases and that is enough for me.

Since Joseph Yeung is involved I know I will eventually get a product. He is a high calibre person and I respect his work. I just am not particularly pleased about how this has played out in my case so far.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #2,579 of 6,853
So not all black units were shipped I see ...more like not enough made or if I want to be cynical all sold in the Chinese market before Kickstarter backers ...so we have to wait for a new fresh production of these units ...Hiby you messed up on this campaign not happy at all along with a lot of other backers

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #2,580 of 6,853
Yep DNLA works, Clic the DNLA symbol on the top swipe down, go to the music player on your NAS
select external audio device
3Oucy33.jpg

and haypresto it pops up on the R3
8U9Opmr.jpg

cover art and all:sunglasses:
qvYsug5.jpg

range only limited by you wifi in my case about 50 meters.

Peter, can please you clarify if you play the songs from your NAS on your R3? Otherwise there's no point -at least for me- to stream media from the R3 to other devices.

What NAS do you have BTW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back