The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 19, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #2,521 of 6,857
Some ppl on here can make fun of some of us for not receiving what we paid for ..we have every right to voice our frustrations i got pulled in with the hype regrettably ....NEVER AGAIN!!

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #2,522 of 6,857
Interesting. Pre loaded sd card scanned immediately and fully on the R6. Unfortunately on R3 it freezes at track 3128. Tried a different pre loaded card and scan showed zero. I guess I’ll need to format and copy over the music library...bit of a pain.
If you haven't formatted, run a CHKDSK first. My R3 with 1000 tracks on 64gb microsd freezes at some parts of the scan but resumes after a while.

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #2,523 of 6,857
Some ppl on here can make fun of some of us for not receiving what we paid for ..we have every right to voice our frustrations i got pulled in with the hype regrettably ....NEVER AGAIN!!
I’m sorry you are frustrated. I hope you can believe me that you’ll be enjoying Hiby’s products for a long time and with time you’ll forget about this negative aspect of the experience. For the money I haven’t seen anything close and I’ve seen everything.

In the immortal words of Tom Petty, the waiting is the hardest part. Hmmmm I think I need to go give that a listen now...

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #2,525 of 6,857
All that early bird / early number does not work at all.
They sent a portion last week randomly without any logic behind.

I'm #17, black - no tracking number, nothing...

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #2,527 of 6,857
#97 / USA / Grey / Leather case > no tracking#.................nothing. Joe promised shipping info would be sent out by today..........after the Dragon Boat festival. Yes, my wait continues to drag-on.
It hasn't paid off to be an early backer.

Sorry to hear that bud. It's gonna be worth the wait. Haven't really looked into the fw update yet, but sound and navigating experience has been very satisfactory.

I know black ones are being sent since they are ready available vs grey + r3 leather case.

Love the portability on this thing.

Question re: firmware updates, did anyone notice changes in sound signature? Can we revert back to previous fw as well?

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #2,528 of 6,857
In the settings there is a volume limiter which is pre-set to 80 but can be changed up to 100.

Yes I enabled that and then disabled it, with my cans I doubt I'd ever go over 60 :smile_phones:

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #2,529 of 6,857
Sorry to hear that bud. It's gonna be worth the wait. Haven't really looked into the fw update yet, but sound and navigating experience has been very satisfactory.

I know black ones are being sent since they are ready available vs grey + r3 leather case.

Love the portability on this thing.

Question re: firmware updates, did anyone notice changes in sound signature? Can we revert back to previous fw as well?

I updated mine and didn’t notice any changes in sound. Don’t not kmow about reverting to older firmware.

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #2,530 of 6,857
So does the R3 like any particular format of the mSD card?

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #2,531 of 6,857
Send me a sample problem playlist generated by your app via pm and let me see what's the issue. I will also issue a style guide re: m3u playlists shortly.

The DLNA option is for other devices to connect to the R3 as the renderer. If your R3 is connected to a WiFi any other device on the same network should be able to play to the R3 via DLNA via the usual connection methods on their apps (and not the other way around).

Thanks for the offer to help, Joe. Just pm'd an example file to you

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #2,532 of 6,857
By modify playlists , you mean rearrange by name ? Set song order manually ?

Or is it like the android app which have very limited playlists editing option ?

So, to reconfirm, the "modify playlists" comment I make is strictly talking about what I can do on the r3 itself, not accessing the r3's playlists from a computer.

And unfortunately, when editing playlists on the r3, I can't set song order manually on the r3 or r6. Or, more accurately, if there is a way, I don't know how. By "modify" I only meant adding and deleting songs from the playlists.

---

But, even if I could modify the song order manually right on r3 or r6, it's still very very cumbersome for me. Really, I wish there was a super fast and easy way to automate or simplify making playlists from my Mac or import playlists created by Cantata (my directory structure is identical on all my sd cards)

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #2,533 of 6,857
This thing sounds much better than I expected. Just listened to The Police- Synchronicity remastered 2003 on the balanced out with my AK T8ie and it sounded fantastic. Very close to the Sony ZX 300 balanced which is really saying something.

The Sony has a wider stage and a bit more space between instruments and better bass response. The R3 is a little lighter on the bass ( which I can fix with magic 8 ball ) and is a bit brighter than the zx300. R3 sounds very good through both outputs. Oh, I do have the R3 set to high gain.

And I believe the chip implementation and pcb layout are more important than the DAC. The Cayin n5ii has the same dac as R3 but to my ears seemed a bit dull and lifeless, maybe a bit too neutral and not enough dynamics for me? Especially comparing it with zx300 and ak70. Not saying the n5ii sounded bad, it just wasn’t the type of sound sig I like. R3 has a lively and slightly warmish (musical) sound that I really dig :)

I pray to the shipping gods everyone gets theirs ASAP! And I pray to the LDAC gods we get that too. :wink:

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #2,535 of 6,857
So, to reconfirm, the "modify playlists" comment I make is strictly talking about what I can do on the r3 itself, not accessing the r3's playlists from a computer.

And unfortunately, when editing playlists on the r3, I can't set song order manually on the r3 or r6. Or, more accurately, if there is a way, I don't know how. By "modify" I only meant adding and deleting songs from the playlists.

---

But, even if I could modify the song order manually right on r3 or r6, it's still very very cumbersome for me. Really, I wish there was a super fast and easy way to automate or simplify making playlists from my Mac or import playlists created by Cantata (my directory structure is identical on all my sd cards)

Feeling ya.
No r3 yet.... so I dragged everyfolder to my card...
But wanted to know a software to create and export a playlist As I wish

Otherwise I bet it will always be alphabetical, year or by xplayed order....

No Facebook help with that....
And still no answer...

But at last got some EletricWizard Flacs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back