The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 24, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #1,711 of 6,857
Thanks guys!
I know it may of been a stupid question but I am on the road and viewing on my iPhone so I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something on the website because it was the mobile version of the website.

I guess I will wait for people to get their units and get some customer feedback not from reviewers.
Looking to keep my budget at a $400 max because I just bought some Campfire Cascades last week and I loving them!
I want to move away from tidal lossless (cd quality) and need a player for some DSD or 24 bit 96k+ for my favorite albums and actually OWN the music.

Happy listening!

May 24, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #1,713 of 6,857
Thanks guys!
I know it may of been a stupid question but I am on the road and viewing on my iPhone so I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something on the website because it was the mobile version of the website.

I guess I will wait for people to get their units and get some customer feedback not from reviewers.
Looking to keep my budget at a $400 max because I just bought some Campfire Cascades last week and I loving them!
I want to move away from tidal lossless (cd quality) and need a player for some DSD or 24 bit 96k+ for my favorite albums and actually OWN the music.

Happy listening!

@ Slashn77:

Hey no worries, you no what they say, there’s no stupid questions only stupid answers! Kinda like mine :beerchug:

Yeah using my phone as well so it’s definitely a bit different than full web page but as I said you’ll likely see people dumping them because of sour grapes so you’ll likely get a good deal.
Might pick a 2nd one up myself.

For the price & what it’ll do it’s a steal!

Good Luck!

Cheers...

May 24, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #1,714 of 6,857
I have 2 R3s coming. One w case and one without. So ill be selling one. Both black. Keeping the 1 with the case. Have Shanling m0 coming as well. Size is awesome, and 15hr playtime as well. But there is some negative talk about bugs. Might be selling that as well and just keeping the R3.

My music listening is done at home and in the car while driving.

Please do a comparison of the R3 with the M0 when both are in! :wink: I don't strictly need the wireless functions so if the M0 is implemented properly and sounds at least as good as my LG V20 last time, the smaller size of the M0 is even better. I wasn't confident of much hardware headroom with implementing the 9218P compared to the 9028, without reference to a comparison test.

Thanks guys!

Happy listening!

Yes don't rush since there is no campaign running now. If you are focused entirely on sound quality - I have to recommend the Onkyo DP-S1 I reviewed (see my signature) which has dropped to about 170USD on Amazon. If you aren't big on streaming this is pretty much the best dual-DAC, dual-SD and dual-balanced mode output DAP you can get right now. Most details I've included in my review, one additional point is that it isn't much larger than the R3. (At full RRP I personally wouldn't compare with the Fiio M7)

Cheers!

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #1,715 of 6,857
Gemmoglock, yea id like to compare those 2. I had Shanling M2s. It worked, no issues, good UI. What sucked was battery life. 30 min listening sessions while commuting one way, 3 of those and battery was done. While i can use my 2011 Galaxy nexus as a music player for a week. Sound quality matters at home, where it is quiet.

I like ESS DACs. I had Dragonfly Red, legit device. Worked great. Topping NX4DSD, same thing, performs flawlessly. Now 4490EQ in M2s was ok. Wolfson and Bur Brown DACs ive head were good, but warmer sound. I like the clinical detail from ESS ones. ( thats my perception of sound signatures of different DAC implementations )

I just want something to sound clean, detailed, silent background, good battery life and a decent EQ to boost low end.

May 25, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #1,719 of 6,857
7685cb619a685c890b5e921c50f6ea63_original.jpg

Anyone noticed that while waiting for the bag to arrive, they have started packing the other items in already? Wish that there was a picture of the leather case though... @Joe Bloggs :D

May 25, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #1,722 of 6,857
7685cb619a685c890b5e921c50f6ea63_original.jpg

Anyone noticed that while waiting for the bag to arrive, they have started packing the other items in already? Wish that there was a picture of the leather case though... @Joe Bloggs :D

What is the black thing in the top left photo? Leather case in black???

May 25, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #1,723 of 6,857
I cannot wait to get my hands on the R3! Hopefully being backer #95, my order will be amongst the first shipment.

May 25, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #1,725 of 6,857

Users who are viewing this thread

Back