The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jan 21, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #6,016 of 6,325
Isn't besides full balance inputs, there is a OPA transferred single end single to balance in GSX mkll? when use 4 Pin XLR?

If there's single ended input, the 4-pin XLR output is driven single ended. See "A Couple of Notes on Operation" in the Innerfidelity review. It will still sound fantastic, though - I own the GS-1 with Dynalo+ modules which is kinda like the GS-X mk 2 but single ended only and it drives the HD 800 well.

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #6,019 of 6,325
I have been giving a good bit of time to the GS-X mk2 and the LCD3 pre-fazor
Great synergy here and such a enjoyable listen....nothing bright or fatiguing with this combo, blues music is sounding wonderful.
This amp has been a great addition for me.

DSC02353.JPG

Feb 18, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #6,020 of 6,325
I have been giving a good bit of time to the GS-X mk2 and the LCD3 pre-fazor
Great synergy here and such a enjoyable listen....nothing bright or fatiguing with this combo, blues music is sounding wonderful.
This amp has been a great addition for me.
I had nearly the identical setup for a while. The GS-X and LCD-3 combo was a great pairing.

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #6,021 of 6,325
What gain setting are people running for LCD 3s? Mine would be the fazor so not sure if that would be any difference.

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #6,022 of 6,325
HD800S and susvara work fine in Med gain, Imagine lcd3 somewhere between the two

Feb 18, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #6,023 of 6,325
What gain setting are people running for LCD 3s? Mine would be the fazor so not sure if that would be any difference.

Take your pick, the GS-X mk2 will power the LCD 3 on all 3 gain settings...I am listening on high gain at the moment...volume at about 11 OClock

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #6,024 of 6,325
I've drove both the Abyss 1266/Phi CC 1266 with the GS-X and I currently use the HE1000V2 without any issues whatsoever. I've also owned 6se (for a short time) the 800S/6XX and had no problems driving them as well. So you have no need to worry about driving planar/inefficient headphones wit the GS-X!

Do you believe the GSX MINI can adequately drive the Susvara balanced? It is less powerful than the GS-X and doesn’t have a separate power supply.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #6,025 of 6,325
Do you believe the GSX MINI can adequately drive the Susvara balanced? It is less powerful than the GS-X and doesn’t have a separate power supply.

Gsx-Mini has enough power to drive the Susvara. It has too much power. And the power supply is much better than the one on GSX-MK2. It is built from new tech and more efficient and is more advance! <-- This looks like a GSX-MK3 might arrive later on with this new tech.

Feb 19, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #6,028 of 6,325
Using a Dave as a DAC only with a GSXmkll is amazing on any headphone. Lots of headroom and enough power to drive any off the shelf non-electrostatic Headphone ......it’s definitely something to look into further.

We sell Violectric as well but while I think the product is great, the GSXmkll and the SPL Phonitor definitely kick the audio up quite a few notches.

I am currently debating between the exact three you mentioned above plus the
Soundaware P1. Mjolnir Audio Pure BiPolar and finally the Wells Audio Milo. Have you listened to any of the latter? Just need a balanced amp that is totally neutral and with black background like the DAVE.

Feb 20, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #6,029 of 6,325
I am currently debating between the exact three you mentioned above plus the
Soundaware P1. Mjolnir Audio Pure BiPolar and finally the Wells Audio Milo. Have you listened to any of the latter? Just need a balanced amp that is totally neutral and with black background like the DAVE.

Wow! A lot of good choices and decisions. As a sponsor I’m not allowed to comment on products I don’t sell, even if it’s complimentary. You’d have to ask me offline.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Feb 20, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #6,030 of 6,325
Wow! A lot of good choices and decisions. As a sponsor I’m not allowed to comment on products I don’t sell, even if it’s complimentary. You’d have to ask me offline.
Please pm me if you have any advice. I am especially interested in how the GSX-mini compares to the Vioelectric and the last three amps mentioned in my post. I will be using the amp between the HMS/DAVE combo and the Susvara or Abyss PHI (still on the fence about which can to buy). Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back