The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Feb 24, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #2,342 of 6,325
Super excited now!

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #2,345 of 6,325
Just wish the whole body has unified color.
Is there any chance you can match up the body color to the panel color in the future?

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #2,346 of 6,325
  Just wish the whole body has unified color.
Is there any chance you can match up the body color to the panel color in the future?

it's not practical and is too expensive. i would never be able to ship anything. the colors won't match because i'll be dealing with 3 or 4 different alloys and getting them all the same isnt going to happen. also i would have to reject too many parts due to scratches or anodizing issues. powder coating doesn't care about the aluminum alloy, covers up existing minor scratches, is durable, and looks the same from part to part. also, other than using a textured gray or green for a retro industrial look, colored powder coating looks so cheap compared to the front panels. 

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Feb 27, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #2,347 of 6,325

it's not practical and is too expensive. i would never be able to ship anything. the colors won't match because i'll be dealing with 3 or 4 different alloys and getting them all the same isnt going to happen. also i would have to reject too many parts due to scratches or anodizing issues. powder coating doesn't care about the aluminum alloy, covers up existing minor scratches, is durable, and looks the same from part to part. also, other than using a textured gray or green for a retro industrial look, colored powder coating looks so cheap compared to the front panels. 

Thanks to clear it out. My money will be ready within 2 month and I guess I will stay in Black to get the best match. (However I think I did saw a full silver GSX before, maybe it is the MKI, is that the one without any coloring on the aluminum?)

What will be the estimate shipping date if I put my order next month? Any luck if somebody decide to cancel their orders?

Feb 27, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #2,348 of 6,325

Thanks to clear it out. My money will be ready within 2 month and I guess I will stay in Black to get the best match. (However I think I did saw a full silver GSX before, maybe it is the MKI, is that the one without any coloring on the aluminum?)

What will be the estimate shipping date if I put my order next month? Any luck if somebody decide to cancel their orders?

Yes, I used to own an Mk1 all silver. So they do exist out in the wild. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #2,349 of 6,325
so they are discontinued in MKII?

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #2,350 of 6,325
Even in MK1 it was rare, I think. MK2 is all same except faceplate in mostly silver/black with a few colors here and there.

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #2,352 of 6,325
Sorry if this question was already raised/addressed before but - Is there any sonic difference between GS-X mk2 with alpha and DACT option? Description of GS-X on website states that DACT was optional for GS-1 and included in GS-X design, but I guess that no longer applies for mk2.

The more I read about this amp the more intense my urge to get it gets :) I am thinking of building complementary "half-rig" (sharing same source/DAC, just different amps/interconnects/headphones) to my Svetnala2+W3000ANV combo, and what can be more different to it than SS amp running in balanced mode with HD800 (or maybe LCD-X/LCD-XC) :)

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #2,354 of 6,325
1 year birthday coming up, fast for my GSX- MK2
Only one glitch , blown fuse but easy easy fix .

Still very proud.
Still enjoying music ++

Still enjoying the versatility

I do " feel " and like  the music more when left on rather than cold start ,  but that could be dac left on as well so undecided on that .

Love the detail , pace and force .

Thanks Headamp for a solid performer .

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #2,355 of 6,325
The red is sick. Would love to hear the MK2.

It sounds great in black too...
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back