The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
May 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #1,172 of 6,325
After three hours of warm up, the SQ was and is very good, but it's that when first turned on. I've only tried once listening to the GS-X when it's been on power for over three hours, so I'll have to do it a few times then get back with my thoughts.

May 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #1,173 of 6,325
audio memory is a tricky thing and my ears aren't as golden as some people here... but as best I can tell, there is basically no difference between when my GS-Xmk2 was just turned on, has been on 3 hours, or has been on 24 hours.

--mark

May 6, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #1,174 of 6,325
Quote:
I listened to the GS-Xmk2 yesterday after I had it on for over three hours, and I'm not sure if there was a difference in SQ like there is with the BHSE, there might have been an improvement but I'll carry on doing what I've been doing, that is what I've mentioned in my previous post. 

SS vs. Tube, so I'm not surprised really. 
size]

May 7, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #1,176 of 6,325
One of the reasons why I got the GS-X, was because I read somewhere it doesn't need warm up to sound it's best, and like I said, I'm not sure if there was an improvement in SQ after it'd been on for above three hours, but it sounds wonderful from cold.

May 7, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #1,177 of 6,325
^ Nicely done - Both components are on one shelf now.  I suppose the steel would help shield the amp from the powersupply . . .

Unless the rack is the same ground potential as the amps ground/chassis it could actually be a source RF.

May 8, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #1,179 of 6,325
While I do not yet have the GSX and thus cannot comment on warmup, my F3 (which coincidentally is also a JFET amp) sounds a bit better if I leave it for an hour before I engage with music. So  overall, some SS gear does benefit from warmup. I am curious about the GSX thou.

May 8, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #1,180 of 6,325
Quote:
While I do not yet have the GSX and thus cannot comment on warmup, my F3 (which coincidentally is also a JFET amp) sounds a bit better if I leave it for an hour before I engage with music. So  overall, some SS gear does benefit from warmup. I am curious about the GSX thou.

First Watt amps does.  GS-X mk2, not so much.  IMO
wink_face.gif

May 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #1,183 of 6,325
Does anyone know the shipping weight/dimensions of the GS-X from Justin?  Edit- Got it, thanks Justin!

Can you share with the rest if us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back