The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Sep 18, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #3,736 of 6,325
  Is the Black Dragon a good cable for the HD800/GSX combo? anyone use this cable or recommend something as good or better?

How about just reterminate the stock cable with 4-pin neutrik male XLR jack?  This can be easily done and the stock HD800 is already good enough.  With that said, I also highly recommended anything that Moon-Audio made as well.

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #3,737 of 6,325
  How about just reterminate the stock cable with 4-pin neutrik male XLR jack?  This can be easily done and the stock HD800 is already good enough.  With that said, I also highly recommended anything that Moon-Audio made as well.

Well I can buy the HD800 with the senn balance cable for a extra $100 but I'm thinking save the $100 for a aftermarket cable, just unsure which aftermarket cable to get

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #3,745 of 6,325
  Anyone else got a mail from Justin this week to choose the color?
What color are you guys taking? I'm going red, looks incredible IMO.
As far as I know black/silver/red and blue are the possible options for this run.

yes i also received a e-mail from jason this week asking what color i preferred i"m just wondering how long will it be till he starts shipping. i only ordered the amp 6 weeks ago and was under the impression that it would take at least 4 months to ship. will i be pleasantly surprised or just have to bide my time either way i"m getting great results from my meridian explorer/hd800/jriver/samsung pc! by the way silver my thing it looks exquisite!!!  

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #3,746 of 6,325
  yes i also received a e-mail from jason this week asking what color i preferred i"m just wondering how long will it be till he starts shipping. i only ordered the amp 6 weeks ago and was under the impression that it would take at least 4 months to ship. will i be pleasantly surprised or just have to bide my time either way i"m getting great results from my meridian explorer/hd800/jriver/samsung pc! by the way silver my thing it looks exquisite!!!  

Wait time depends on which batch you're in; it's not a fixed lead time.

Silver does look great!  Maybe not quite as good as blue, though.  Heh.  :wink:

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #3,748 of 6,325
I'm sticking with black as orig. ordered (01/2014). I have seen the red one at the NY spring meeting and it looks slightly different than on screen.
And as far as I understand, with the anodizing process there is no real guarantee for exact color matching, so it can be just slightly off what tone of red you really like and you're stuck with it. Black is just easy and nothing to worry about.

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #3,749 of 6,325
  I'm sticking with black as orig. ordered (01/2014). I have seen the red one at the NY spring meeting and it looks slightly different than on screen.
And as far as I understand, with the anodizing process there is no real guarantee for exact color matching, so it can be just slightly off what tone of red you really like and you're stuck with it. Black is just easy and nothing to worry about.

You are correct.  It looks better in person.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back