The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Aug 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #3,601 of 6,325
Will it be available in Purple?  Man those pictures of the Blue Hawaii "Part time Audiophile" posted are just juicy cool in Purple.

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #3,603 of 6,325
  Will it be available in Purple?  Man those pictures of the Blue Hawaii "Part time Audiophile" posted are just juicy cool in Purple.

i have unsold BHSEs in purple which is why i made it the demo unit. while the color is great, i have not have more than 1 or 2 requests for it

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Aug 19, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #3,605 of 6,325

i have unsold BHSEs in purple which is why i made it the demo unit. while the color is great, i have not have more than 1 or 2 requests for it

J,

Had I the money I would be one right now!  Just beautiful.  I'm sick of black or silver.  That Purple is like a McLaren P1!!

Aug 19, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #3,607 of 6,325

Anymore unsold purple bhse? I'll take one instead of waiting on list :)

Aug 20, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #3,608 of 6,325
Guys, need some help, how good will the GS-X mk 2 sound from a chord hugo and using HD800 balanced?  Also what would be a reasonanle price for a 2 week old unit that was ordered 14 months ago?  Anyone know what price it was being sold at 14months ago with the alpha pot?

Aug 20, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #3,610 of 6,325
Why would someone sell a $3k unit after only 2 weeks.

Jim

They said due to the 14 month wait they have acquired many other units like phono, turntable, preamp and have a BHSE amp coming so no space on the rack!  Take it with a pinch of salt but I was after a GS-X mk2 but didn't have a chance to audition so hoping you guys can provide some info on this pairing with hugo and hd800.

Aug 20, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #3,612 of 6,325
  Guys, need some help, how good will the GS-X mk 2 sound from a chord hugo and using HD800 balanced?  Also what would be a reasonanle price for a 2 week old unit that was ordered 14 months ago?  Anyone know what price it was being sold at 14months ago with the alpha pot?

Pricing 14 months ago is the same as it is today.

You should check with Justin, he is working on more units.

I would expect someone not willing to wait for a new unit would pay cost + a premium to jump the line.  These will be very scarce in the used market again very soon.

Aug 20, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #3,613 of 6,325

I would expect someone not willing to wait for a new unit would pay cost + a premium to jump the line.  These will be very scarce in the used market again very soon.

Thanks, maybe not willing to wait but the leap of faith with no estimated delivery date puts me off esp not having the chance to audition it.  I have the custom Roxannes but at least I got to audition the universal versions and was given a 60 day queue when I ordered.  I'll see if I can get a slight discount off list price since the GS-X is used after all.

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #3,614 of 6,325

I would have paid a premium to "get it now" if it was this time last year. But not now.

Justin already has the parts for the 2014 batch and even if you order today you won't be waiting too long as he has enough parts to take more order for this batch. Not to mentioned schiit ragnarok is also here very shortly...

Aug 20, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #3,615 of 6,325
I'll see if I can get a slight discount off list price since the GS-X is used after all.

Good luck with that. I'm surprised some people don't order Headamp GS-X and BHSE only to then turn them around for profit after receiving them. This happens in many other fields, especially cars that are hot on the market with low initial quantities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back