The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Apr 21, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #2,716 of 6,325
Does anyone know how to order the GS-X MK2 in red? Justin had a red one at the Charlotte meet last weekend but I don't see a place to choose the color when placing an order on his site.

With my orders of both the BHSE and GS-Xmk2, Justin asked me what colour faceplates I wanted when they were close to completion, but whether he'll do the same with Red, I can't say.

Apr 21, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #2,718 of 6,325
I specifically asked for red when I placed my order.

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #2,721 of 6,325
Wow. The red GS-X mk2 may be the best looking headphone amplifier I've ever seen to date. If I were to get one, it'd definitely be red. Pair them with the all black HD800 or the red and black colorware combo and it's a killer setup. How are the wait times now on these?

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #2,722 of 6,325
  Wow. The red GS-X mk2 may be the best looking headphone amplifier I've ever seen to date. If I were to get one, it'd definitely be red. Pair them with the all black HD800 or the red and black colorware combo and it's a killer setup. How are the wait times now on these?

2 years!

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #2,723 of 6,325
  2 years!

hahahahaha yeah not happening.

I remember something about getting a good batch of steel/aluminum. Is that why these things take so long to make? Just how many units are currently in line?

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #2,724 of 6,325
I wonder how long the wait times are on the Stratus and if it will be better with GS-X for HD800

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #2,725 of 6,325

2 years!

I would suspect Justin is producing a few more amps than people were already in line for.  Especially if you are interested in the red which might not have as much demand.

Who knows though, lots of excitement around here at the moment.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #2,726 of 6,325
  I wonder how long the wait times are on the Stratus and if it will be better with GS-X for HD800

I happen to know because I have ordered one. 3 months for the stratus although I will not receive mine until sometime in September for other reasons besides production. If you shoot Greed a PM (he had the GSXMK2 and the Stratus) he can inform you in detail about the 2 amps. He has recently sold both to fund a Levi. As far a I can remember his thoughts were that the GSX is a better amp over all but for HD800 he preferred the DNA Stratus. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #2,727 of 6,325

2 years!

Damn. And here i thought thirteen months was long.

Like all things worth while in life you can't rush quality.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #2,728 of 6,325
Damn. And here i thought thirteen months was long.

Like all things worth while in life you can't rush quality.

it was a joke which I'm sure you are aware of? 

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #2,729 of 6,325
Haha I got it. Two years for a BHSE. A bunch of people just passed the one year mark on this batch of the GSX. Justin has posted a few times that the next batches will be shorter tho. Read the recent review on part time audiophile for a good explanation.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #2,730 of 6,325
  I happen to know because I have ordered one. 3 months for the stratus although I will not receive mine until sometime in September for other reasons besides production. If you shoot Greed a PM (he had the GSXMK2 and the Stratus) he can inform you in detail about the 2 amps. He has recently sold both to fund a Levi. As far a I can remember his thoughts were that the GSX is a better amp over all but for HD800 he preferred the DNA Stratus. 

What's a Levi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back