The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Dec 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #226 of 6,325
Quote:
However the se535's start to feel uncomfortable after so long, so I think I'll get custom ear pieces to fit on those earphones.

Get Comply foam.  Along with higher comfort it also restores some treble to the Shure line.

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #227 of 6,325
Quote:

Get Comply foam.  Along with higher comfort it also restores some treble to the Shure line.

I once had custom ear pieces for my se535's but lost them, I've also had sometime ago comply foam tips but can't remember if they made a difference to the SQ. I can recall that with the custom ear pieces on the se535's, I could listen to music for hours. So thank you for your suggestion Solude but I think I'll eventually get the custom ear pieces.

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #228 of 6,325
Quote:
It's odd.  To me anyway.  Your DAC and amp (GS-X) are on the HI-End side of things.  You can have a argument that the GS-X is one of the best SS headphone amps out.  You choice of the HD600 is more of a entry level headphone - Compared to you DAC and Amp.  No worries.  To each is own.  

As I mentioned in my post 221, I needed to get a new combination boiler and garden done. While I still have the money to buy either the HE-6 or TH-900 which I was thinking of getting one or the other, I want to leave a certain amount of money in my bank account at all times. Getting either of those two headphones would take my account below that amount.

I will eventually be changing the headphones I have, but that will probably be sometime off.

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #230 of 6,325
Dec 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #231 of 6,325
hd600 actually was flatship headphones few years back.  not exactly a hd600 fan here but a balanced hd600 sound plenty good to me.  also i think it makes more sense like that with that lineup than some other guys using a cheap sound card with some cheap/bad amp with today's flatship headphones. 

Dec 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #232 of 6,325
Nods.  Before orthos, HD600 and HD650 were tops.  Still are for dynamics, the HD800 just doesn't do it for me :p

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #233 of 6,325
Quote:
Fantastic! I assume it is your Dac as well as your Disc player....Fun times.

When I bought my iPod, some apple ear buds came with it. I gave those ear buds to my friends son but the time I had them, I listened to them with my Pico Slim and K-01. While at times they crackled, the SQ was still pretty good. 

For now I only use the K-01 with my CD's and SACD's.

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #234 of 6,325
I love that picture of iPod earbuds and the K-01....

What is your DAC of choice these days?

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #235 of 6,325
Quote:
I love that picture of iPod earbuds and the K-01....

What is your DAC of choice these days?

The only DAC I have is the one in the K-01, I might get an Algorhythm solo but not yet.
I suppose having a K-01 to use with headphones does sound a bit OTT, but the SQ wasn't the only thing that attracted me to it, to me it's the best looking SACD player I've ever seen and IMO it's build quality is second to none.

With me having the Shure se535's, I only tried the apple ear buds a short time, but I wouldn't mind betting if an headfier heard them with the Pico Slim / K-01, they'd be very impressed, I'm looking forward though to hearing the GS-X with both my se535's and HD600's.

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #236 of 6,325
The GS-X should be able to drive about anything well. The circuit board is gorgeous!

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #237 of 6,325
As I've mentioned somewhere else, when buying audio equipment it must have three thing's, Sound quality, Build quality and Looks, and my source gives me all three in abundance. However in the UK it costs £15,000, but I'm sure if it could be bought directly from Teac it would probably go for £8,000 or £9,000. One of the reasons why I've got and are getting my headphone amps from Headamp is because they're got directly from Justin, which in turn means big saving's. Justin's amps also give me the three thing's I look for, well at least the BHSE and Pico Slim do. I haven't heard the GS-X and Aristaeus  but they look very nice, especially the Aistaeus, I've no doubt the build quality will be top notch and the sound quality will be amazing.

The K-01 cost me £10,000, but I used my previous headphone system as part exchange.

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #240 of 6,325
I know it comes in Black/Silver.  I wonder if colors will be an option at some point?  I'm sure that's been discussed already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back