The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Nov 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #152 of 6,325
The joys of a new version :frowning2:  I had this joy when PSB introduced the Goldi back when.  Same drivers, crossover, volume... but traded width for depth and BOOM the non i was slashed and an instant no brainer buy.  Luckily I was on the right end of that and got a pair for $700 instead of $2000 used :)

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #153 of 6,325
Quote:
Mac Hero paid $1400 for his a few months back.

To be fair, that was the only one I saw at this price point...so I jumped on it. 
smile.gif

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #154 of 6,325
Market Value is tough I suppose.  I don't know about you guys but I don't exactly see GS-X's popping up for sale every other day and I've been on the lookout for a used one for years prior to ordering mine.  I assume Mac got his from ASR who is a really great guy about passing along his gear for really great prices anyways.

I guess I am taking a big gamble but from my POV, and seriously not to knock Justin, but there's no telling when the v2's are going to ship anyways.

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #156 of 6,325
*sighs* I remember when HP-2's were what $600 new?  And I'm sure some of you were around when K-1000's were around $600 getting "clearanced" out!  Too bad I was just a chitlin back then. A few weeks ago I read a forum post somewhere of a gentleman in another country who snagged a minty hp-2 for $300 or so from a audio consignment store. At any rate I hope I don't eat my own shorts but we'll see in a few months!

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #157 of 6,325
Quote:
Market Value is tough I suppose.  I don't know about you guys but I don't exactly see GS-X's popping up for sale every other day and I've been on the lookout for a used one for years prior to ordering mine.  I assume Mac got his from ASR who is a really great guy about passing along his gear for really great prices anyways.

I guess I am taking a big gamble but from my POV, and seriously not to knock Justin, but there's no telling when the v2's are going to ship anyways.

Just to confirm, it wasn't Asr's GS-X.

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #161 of 6,325
Quote:
Mr. Sneis,

I know your not getting ready to by that first gen. GS-X are you?

somehow.. I feel like these two comments were unecessary and I do feel kind've offended by it just fyi.

@Solude" Ouch. I hope you didn't pay more than the $1500 they are going for now :frowning2:

"Mac Hero paid $1400 for his a few months back."

- I've never seen one that low and even if it was that low I also would've snatched it in a heart beat.

- Also, just because someone sells a 1,000$ shoe for ******* 20$ doesn't mean you'll get that everywhere you go.

- I guess the older you get, the less respect people deserve.

- Hey guys, I just bought an akg k702 about a year and a half ago for 110$, anyone wanna sell me another one?

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #162 of 6,325
To be fair I felt for you when I saw the ad too.  This is simple economics folks.  If you think you're original GS-X is going to command the same price as before, you're in for quite a shock.  Same goes for Liquid Fire owners.  They are eating $1000 loss on resale now, but when the v2 comes out... ouch.  Same would happen to Orpheus prices if Senn released them again at $5000 for the can/amp combo... used ones would plummet.  PWD1 prices... same thing.  If you try to sell one for more than $1400, people do the math $1400+1000... more than a new one no thanks.  And it should not be a surprise to anyone.  Sorry if it was for you.

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #163 of 6,325
Lol never mind if you didn't see how much it sold for don't comment the unnecessary. Also to be fair since that deems true want to sell me your 701 for 50% of the value of when it first came out? I mean the 702 and qs came out. And I also wasn't surprised because I knew it would actually sell for the price I had it for, mind you, I had quite a few pms not sure if that pissed YOU off because of it. Just putting it out there, for all three that put those comments it was stupid and unnecessary and I expected more from the head fi community. Acting as if I don't know your basic economics -_-.

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #164 of 6,325
In all fairness, I've had to spend another $400 on upgrade modules from Justin. As well the seller wanted a fast transaction. I've done that in the past too in order to move gear quickly, so I totally understand that as well. All in all, it was a great transaction for both parties. :)

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #165 of 6,325
In all fairness, I've had to spend another $400 on upgrade modules from Justin. As well the seller wanted a fast transaction. I've done that in the past too in order to move gear quickly, so I totally understand that as well. All in all, it was a great transaction for both parties. :)

Well you know apparently one price shows the precise prices apparently. Find an item on Black Friday and expect the same deal 2 months later Loooooooool.

-Actually you know what, forget it nobody wants to admit they were wrong, and before I say say something else that would get me banned for talking back to a "headphoneus supremous" I'm just gonna stick my head out of this thread and leave the insults flying. Good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back