The Head-Fi Trivia Game
Nov 8, 2002 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

eric343

Member of the Trade: Audiogeek: The "E" in META42
OK, since we've had a lot of 'time killer' threads lately, here's another:

Rules:
- I start out by posing a question. Let's call it "the Unanswered Question".

- You reply, answering it to the best of your knowledge (and including weblinks if you like to back it up).

- In your reply, you include another question. (it's gotta be headphone-audio related. No "comment the code" Linux kernel questions!)

The first reply to the Unanswered Question that's correct gets their question accorded Unanswered status, and everybody has to try and answer it.

When someone gets it right, their question becomes the one to answer, and so on.

So, my question: What was the first HeadRoom amp named, and why?

Nov 8, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #2 of 9
mmmmm, I like it. Scavenger hunt time guys!
biggrin.gif

A question: should the questions be answerable through a search of the forums, or is to see what you can remember/know?

Nov 8, 2002 at 3:53 AM Post #5 of 9
Well, I haven't found the answer yet...

but this is the first time i've really explored the nooks and crannies of headroom. there are some interesting things on that site i didn't know about before. makes me wanna go DIY and build a max-out META42
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 6:31 AM Post #6 of 9
Well, yes, the questions should be answerable via a forum search (the answer to this one is), or a search of the requisite manufacturer's website. (no fair going into the driver dimensions of some obscure Sennheiser headphone though)

And regarding cheating like that, how about we say that if the asker says it's availible on line you should be able to provide a link to the relevant post/page? Or is that too much of a hassle?

Nov 8, 2002 at 4:17 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

So, my question: What was the first HeadRoom amp named, and why?

The earliest info i could find on Headroom's amp was the "Headroom Standard" mentioned in the 1994 review of the Supreme in Stereophile.

It was their entry level model in what would be the supreme line.
(Standard, Premium, and Supreme, costing $199, $299, and $399)

My question would be what was the name of the "Limited Edition HeadRoom Home Amplifier, packaged in an Anvil Case with a Micromega Microdrive CD transport and a Theta Cobalt D/A processor" that was mentioned in the same review.
I don't know the answer but I would really like to find out what happened to this project.
wink.gif

EDIT: you can take me out of the game.
I posted my question in the headroom forum.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 10:47 PM Post #9 of 9
DING DING DING DING!!! We haaave a winner!

Sayeth Tyll: Quote:

The first product was the "Standard"---because it was the only product we would ever make, and it would become the standard in portable headphone amplification.

But I'd say your question is a bit too specific - it could really be only answered by someone from HeadRoom...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back