The hate on beats, why?
Jan 13, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #167 of 1,217
I wonder what Dre uses in the studio these days? More chance of it being his M50s than beats I bet :)

Everyone knows he use M&M Eminem in the studio. That's where he got the colors for his headphones. Remove that M and put a "b" on it and you got the new Katy Perry beats!

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #168 of 1,217
  But they're under $100
I do like the new studio, I like everything about the new studio, but I'll pick the UE6000 anyday over the studio. Why pay more when you can have the same thing for way less? 

But you can't have the same thing for less, do you not pay attention? The Studio has wayyyy more features than the UE6000 SQ is the same level but you are not just paying for SQ with the beats it's also the control features and extended battery life too, is it worth it? to some yes.

I'd never buy the MrSpeakes Alpha dog for example because I don't see any value over m Mad Dogs apart from a more reference sound which isn't worth an extra £300 for me at all!

If you'd pick the UE6000 over the Studio then fantastic! good on you for saving some money and getting a product your happy with! you can get equal or maybe even technically better sound for less but saying you can get the same thing for less money is false in terms of an OVERALL package.

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #169 of 1,217
  But you can't have the same thing for less, do you not pay attention? The Studio has wayyyy more features than the UE6000 SQ is the same level but you are not just paying for SQ with the beats it's also the control features and extended battery life too, is it worth it? to some yes.

I'd never buy the MrSpeakes Alpha dog for example because I don't see any value over m Mad Dogs apart from a more reference sound which isn't worth an extra £300 for me at all!

If you'd pick the UE6000 over the Studio then fantastic! good on you for saving some money and getting a product your happy with! you can get equal or maybe even technically better sound for less but saying you can get the same thing for less money is false in terms of an OVERALL package.

Got a source for this? 
 Two batteries are included, and Logitech estimates battery life at roughly 40 hours,

V.S.

Quote:
 a 20-hour rechargeable battery, and RemoteTalk™

And what's this "feature" thingy you keep going on about, what's different about it? Controltalk?
The only feature I see is the studios have a rechargeable battery.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #170 of 1,217

Got a source for this? 

And what's this "feature" thingy you keep going on about, what's different about it? Controltalk?
The only feature I see is the studios have a rechargeable battery.

The best you can come up with is "have a got source for this" Dude go try them, or a little easier go and research.
That comment was just as petty as some of the bashing remarks in this thread.

Hey RoMee do you have a Source for everything you are saying? lol wind your neck in fella, it's headfi :wink:

I got a good 5 days out the ones I used.

Source personal experience and it is also advertised and I can say it lives up to its battery life.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #172 of 1,217
I liked the NC it's not quite Bose level but it's a lot better than some. I just wished he build was better! all the good looking headphones apart form the D600 I've tired all have build issues, M100 is one I was gutted about as I loved the look but the cracking wing plates and cups was annoying.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #173 of 1,217
  The best you can come up with is "have a got source for this" Dude go try them, or a little easier go and research. I didn't want to make it too hard for you.
That comment was just as petty as some of the bashing remarks in this thread. You should know who you're talking to before making statements like that.

Hey RoMee do you have a Source for everything you are saying? lol wind your neck in fella, it's headfi :wink: Is that enough source for you?

I got a good 5 days out the ones I used. That's it?

Source personal experience and it is also advertised and I can say it lives up to its battery life. My personal experience says otherwise and many review agrees with me.

If you know anything about the product you are defending you would know I'm right, but the fact that you automatically think/assume everyone who bash on beats is "petty" than you're just as ignorant as the beats fanboys who says, "you hate beats because you can't afford them", and the tone of your post points you in that direction too. Everything I say a based on my experience and research, and I researched the Studios before buying them for my nephew, than I burned and used them for 2 weeks (that's more than your 5 days) before giving them to him for Christmas. I don't talk about headphones I've never used, owned, or demoed. 

Everything I said about the studio is from beat's website and unbiased reviews and here's what every (non-fanboy) review says about the battery life.
 Beats claims the Studio 2's internal rechargeable battery yields an impressive 20 hours of playtime, but I've found that to be a inaccurate as I haven't reached the proclaimed 20 hours of continuous usage before a red low battery indicator appeared. Realistically, the battery life is roughly 15 hours

Source: http://www.gadgetmac.com/reviews/beats-studio-2-2013-headphones-review.html
And here's beat's website in case you can't find it for some reason. http://www.beatsbydre.com/headphones/studio/beats-beatsstudio.html

Here's a fun fact.
 It's without a doubt the worst hissing I have ever experienced out of all the powered and active noise-canceling headphones that I have tested over the years. By comparison, the UE 6000's ANC feature is completely silent when powered on.

Source: www.gadgetmac.com/reviews/beats-studio-2-2013-headphones-review.html

You might not know this but I too have experience with beats. I still have my tour and pro, and I can walk down the block and grab my nephew's new studio I got him for Christmas. But what do I know?
Source:

Sorry about the picture quality it's the same as beat's sound quality 
tongue.gif

And yes, I do buy beats for my family.
Source: http://www.head-fi.org/t/660383/trade-v-moda-m80-for-beats-update

If you want to pay $300 for a colorful headphone with extra gimmicks like plugging in the cable to turn on anc than good for you, but there's better headphones to be had at a lesser price. Some people want games and apps over sound quality on their MP3 player and some rather have sound quality over apps and games from their MP3 player. I'm the latter, and I apply this to headphones as well.

You said it yourself, the Studio has a $100 sound like the UE6000 and $200 worth of gimmicks features.

Your turn. I guess you gave up.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #174 of 1,217
Originally Posted by Primetime86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I forgot, you just told me I'm being silly so this is irrelevant because these are beats and they are Mudddddddyyyyy and beats and overpriced and you can get better at the price range and they sound like apple ear buds and they suck because they are overpriced and suck and overpriced and muddy and sound really bad..Did I miss anything? :wink:

Actually, I don't recall saying that at all - but thanks for extrapolating! (you might want to look at my previous post in this thread a few pages back to see just how off you were, lol). I said you are being silly because the 2013 Studios certainly aren't in a league of their own compared to those other headphones we are talking about here.

I've never bashed the 2013 Studios and they actually look like a fine product.

However, now that you mention it, I do have a problem with those "features" you keep saying the Beats have. It's a headphone, what kind of features does it need other than correctly reproducing sound?
Active noise canceling? That's cool, but totally not a necessity - and comes with the minus of requiring regular recharging and making the whole thing heavier.
Controls on the cup? Are in-line cable controls not enough? They also don't require me to reach up as much.
Looks? YMMV - glossy all-plastic build is not my cup of tea but I totally see how other people may love it.
Carrying case? Lots of phones have these (some aren't as compact though, and on some models they are suspiciously missing - I really think this is something a lot of companies need to give more thought).
Portability? Not unheard of on other over-the-ears which can have similar portability. They're also not as portable as several on-ears. Again, more companies need to invest their R&D time on this. Stylish, portable and easily-amped is what normal people want.

I also rolled my eyes a little when you criticized the M100's understated Treble or the KEF's price and then went right off to recommend the Studioes. That's somewhat dishonest, don't you think?
edit: actually I realize you are saying none of these are more "overpriced" than the other. That's something I totally agree with!
and regarding the Studios' features: how about build quality? the Studios feel flimsy and are mostly plastic.

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #175 of 1,217
My 11 year old wanted a pair for Xmas, so thats what santa brought him.....I honestly don't care for them at all.

Uncomfortable....poor mids or treble.

At least he was honest and said that my 701 sound a lot better when we had a " Listen Off ".

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #176 of 1,217
Well to be fair, there are several reviews with people getting the advertised battery life. On amazon the "most helpful" review has a video of a guy claiming he is getting the life of the battery.

I do think the UE6000 are a good set of headphones. I do not like batteries and I know it plays without them (which is something the studios should do, imo) but their ANC doesn't work at all. I also hate the soft case. One of my requirements was to have a hard case. I thought with their cheap price, I'd get a slappa hard case too and still be under the price of the studios. Leakage wasn't too bad (and that's important to me too) so all around a good set of phones. I just prefer the sound on the new studios and it has all the other features I wanted....except great build quality

That said, I'm sure most have seen the new(er) video of the build quality of the studios...that is very reassuring (as long as they don't get wet) as the previous studios were pretty lackluster in build.

I have some JBL S700 and I don't think any headphone can be better built than these. From the materials to the swivel ear cups, everything about them is unbelievable. But like every headphone they miss on something too. They are heavy after time.

I guess what bothers me is so many of these posts lump the sound sig of any individual beats model in to all of them. The new studios are really like no other beats model, both in build and sound. That said, they aren't muddy, bloated or even have a "ton" of bass. They aren't neutral but are more neutral than any other beats product. They are a fun sounding headphone. Not an analytical one.

And I know comfort is subjective, but the studios are the most comfy headphone I have put on. That was biggest problem with the m100. I wish I had tried those with the XL pads, but without the clamp and fit didn't work for me.

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #178 of 1,217

Actually, I don't recall saying that at all - but thanks for extrapolating! (you might want to look at my previous post in this thread a few pages back to see just how off you were, lol). I said you are being silly because the 2013 Studios certainly aren't in a league of their own compared to those other headphones we are talking about here.

However, now that you mention it, I do have a problem with those "features" you keep saying the Beats have. It's a headphone, what kind of features does it need other than correctly reproducing sound?
Active noise canceling? That's cool, but totally not a necessity - and comes with the minus of requiring regular recharging and making the whole thing heavier.
Controls on the cup? Are in-line cable controls not enough? They also don't require me to reach up as much.
Looks? YMMV - glossy all-plastic build is not my cup of tea but I totally see how other people may love it.
Carrying case? Lots of phones have these (some aren't as compact though, and on some models they are suspiciously missing - I really think this is something a lot of companies need to give more thought).
Portability? Not unheard of on other over-the-ears which can have similar portability. They're also not as portable as several on-ears. Again, more companies need to invest their R&D time on this. Stylish, portable and easily-amped is what normal people want.

I also rolled my eyes a little when you criticized the M100's understated Treble or the KEF's price and then went right off to recommend the Studioes. That's somewhat dishonest, don't you think?
edit: actually I realize you are saying none of these are more "overpriced" than the other. That's something I totally agree with!
and regarding the Studios' features: how about build quality? the Studios feel flimsy and are mostly plastic.

I never said that YOU mentioned about the Muddy-ness I was just poking a little fun at the people who use this to bash the product. I appreciate you taking the time to actually provide a decent argument, but what you said in bold about the thing being not a necessity we could probably say that about many headphones.
In an ideal world it would all be about SQ but it's really not. If you can get good SQ with some extra features here and there that benefit people then great. It's like me saying it's pointless to buy something like the HD 800 because they are overpriced and boring sounding and too analytical! to me they are and I actually dislike them but to some people they are absolutely worth it. same with the studios really, you get a big list of features with a decent fun sound signature and many of the well known favs on here like M100, UE9000 cost just as much but have less features so when people moan about them being overpriced  I just can't help but think what a bunch of hypocrites.

I believe the beats Pro are good, but in terms of price performance and no added benefits and features the overall package is really lacking.

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #179 of 1,217
Originally Posted by Primetime86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I forgot, you just told me I'm being silly so this is irrelevant because these are beats and they are Mudddddddyyyyy and beats and overpriced and you can get better at the price range and they sound like apple ear buds and they suck because they are overpriced and suck and overpriced and muddy and sound really bad..Did I miss anything? :wink:

I think what he is saying is in this price range, they ALL have their issues. Its up to the individual to figure out what features are most worth it to them. I have tried them all In this range and have struck out on most.

the majority of folks give a lot of these phones a pass (I'm sure a lot really like theirs) because they aren't beats, but they all have faults to someone.

The momentum, built beautiful, feel good on, but I hated the way they sounded. Too warm. No hard case.

M100. Great build, great case, love the looks, thought this was the one for me. They hurt my head very quickly. I also didn't care for the bass. It sounded different to me.

UE6000 I already stated my issues with those. Their price became so good, though, so I almost bought them anyway.

Dt770. Not really portable. I would make them, but I only love the sound of the 250ohm and I don't want to always have my e11 amp to listen. No case.

So on and so on.

The studios aren't perfect by any means. I just think, for me, they do more things that are important to me, than some of the others. I don't need fancy colors. Matte black please.

Also, as someone mentioned earlier about poor build. There is no doubt they feel like crappy plastic, but I was amazed at the stress they put on them in that youtube vid. Makes me feel a little better about the crappy plastic. I doubt anyone treats their headphones like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back