The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 9, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #11,971 of 12,970
I'm looking for the ultimate all rounder. the M1060C hits a nice budget if it will work.

May 10, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #11,973 of 12,970
I would say give it a shot, but it required mods to sound great for me.
I appreciate it. The bass and treble knobs on my receiver are getting it done. I don't think I need the Schitt eq. (also pc is my primary audio source, and I have Peace EQ with bass and treble boosted.
I copied a guy's EQ on here. (thanks guy :) )

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #11,974 of 12,970
11436750.jpg

Your Welcome :L3000:

May 10, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #11,975 of 12,970
May 11, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #11,976 of 12,970
I'm a bass lover because I'm DJ of progressive house music, bass is everything in this music. I bought the sennheiser HD 280. Literally no bass. The Sennheiser HD 25 also were a big deception for me. No sub bass at all.

Finally I bought the HDJ X10 from Pioneer, again I fail... they have good bass... but for me is still not enough. After 1000 hours of burn in they now slap a bit, but they don't have emfashis on the bass, it's just there. Maybe my next step will be the V-Moda Crossfader 2 CODEX, all the review are OK in bass extension and emphasis.

May 11, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #11,977 of 12,970
Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #11,978 of 12,970
Did you guys hear that Sennheizer decided to sell off their entire consumer headphone division to a company that makes hearing aid products? Whats even weirder, is that they also sold the license to use the Sennheizer name to them as well, which puts Sennheizer's name through a potential PR nightmare, if the hearing aid company were to run the name through the ground. The only division that Sennheizer kept alive on their end, is their commercial division.

The only reason I could even fathom why Sennheizer, one of the most well known headphone makers in the world, would make a move like this, is because their company has been really hurting since the pandemic, and the tech shortage. Some people speculate that the thing that really has killed Sennheizer, is that they made their products just way too good, and didn't make enough money selling parts replacements.

Cause as we all know, apparently the only way to make it in this world these days, is to make products with planned obsolescence, make products made to break, cause consumers to have to buy replacement parts, or whole new headphones. Keep in mind, none of this happened before the pandemic and tech shortage. So, I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that the pandemic and tech shortage is really what brought their company down to its knees.

And keep in mind too, our audiophile hobby is a niche hobby, most people won't spend more then 50 dollars for a headphone, thats just the reality. And Sennheizer, like many of the other greats, are not known for making cheap crap. The company was even offered to make gaming style headphones with all the fancy RGB lighting, but they rejected it, because they thought it was too childish, even though you can clearly see, thats where the market has been going for many gamers out there.

Its a lot like asking Mercedez Benz to make an affordable sedan vehicle, they will laugh in your face, because they are all about making luxury cars. Just as Sennheizer was used to making audiophile cans, they wouldn't dabble into cheap arse gaming headphones, no way. But that kind of mindset, at least in my opinion, is also what hurts a company. When your not willing to make something the masses want, and only willing to make products for the nich market, you cut yourself out of added profit.

So what does this mean for all of you who do have Sennheizer headphones, and something does eventually break, 30-years later of course, well, your going to need new parts right. Well, with them selling off the consumer headphone division to a hearing aid company, I seriously doubt they will have any interest whatsoever in making your parts replacements.

We've seen this kind of thing happen time and time again. If it were me, and I had a pair of Sennheizers in mint condition that worked perfectly fine still, I'd put them in a display case, and put it on the shelf, and I'd start using other headphones. Cause Sennheizer's done, and I doubt their coming back anytime soon. Kind of reminds me of Briggs & Stratton too, they did the same exact thing. They filed chapter whatever bankruptcy, and got rid of their consumer division, the company is practically dead now, sad.

May 12, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #11,979 of 12,970
Did you guys hear that Sennheizer decided to sell off their entire consumer headphone division to a company that makes hearing aid products? Whats even weirder, is that they also sold the license to use the Sennheizer name to them as well, which puts Sennheizer's name through a potential PR nightmare, if the hearing aid company were to run the name through the ground. The only division that Sennheizer kept alive on their end, is their commercial division.

The only reason I could even fathom why Sennheizer, one of the most well known headphone makers in the world, would make a move like this, is because their company has been really hurting since the pandemic, and the tech shortage. Some people speculate that the thing that really has killed Sennheizer, is that they made their products just way too good, and didn't make enough money selling parts replacements.

Cause as we all know, apparently the only way to make it in this world these days, is to make products with planned obsolescence, make products made to break, cause consumers to have to buy replacement parts, or whole new headphones. Keep in mind, none of this happened before the pandemic and tech shortage. So, I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that the pandemic and tech shortage is really what brought their company down to its knees.

And keep in mind too, our audiophile hobby is a niche hobby, most people won't spend more then 50 dollars for a headphone, thats just the reality. And Sennheizer, like many of the other greats, are not known for making cheap crap. The company was even offered to make gaming style headphones with all the fancy RGB lighting, but they rejected it, because they thought it was too childish, even though you can clearly see, thats where the market has been going for many gamers out there.

Its a lot like asking Mercedez Benz to make an affordable sedan vehicle, they will laugh in your face, because they are all about making luxury cars. Just as Sennheizer was used to making audiophile cans, they wouldn't dabble into cheap arse gaming headphones, no way. But that kind of mindset, at least in my opinion, is also what hurts a company. When your not willing to make something the masses want, and only willing to make products for the nich market, you cut yourself out of added profit.

So what does this mean for all of you who do have Sennheizer headphones, and something does eventually break, 30-years later of course, well, your going to need new parts right. Well, with them selling off the consumer headphone division to a hearing aid company, I seriously doubt they will have any interest whatsoever in making your parts replacements.

We've seen this kind of thing happen time and time again. If it were me, and I had a pair of Sennheizers in mint condition that worked perfectly fine still, I'd put them in a display case, and put it on the shelf, and I'd start using other headphones. Cause Sennheizer's done, and I doubt their coming back anytime soon. Kind of reminds me of Briggs & Stratton too, they did the same exact thing. They filed chapter whatever bankruptcy, and got rid of their consumer division, the company is practically dead now, sad.

I think it's possible you may be overreacting a bit here, Sennheiser as a company isn't in danger of closing just because of the covid related sales slowdowns. They sold their gaming department to the Danish company EPOS in 2020, and it has gone well so far. And as far as this new deal selling off the consumer division to Sonova, I don't see any reason to ring any alarms yet either. They are one of the largest hearing device producers in the world, plus they are planning to work together with Sennheiser on a permanent basis. Below is a quote from THIS article:

"A permanent cooperation is planned under the joint Sennheiser brand umbrella in order to continue offering Sennheiser customers first-class audio solutions in the future," reads the brands' statement. They have also agreed a license agreement for future use of the Sennheiser brand. Sennheiser's co-CEOs were buoyed by the move, suggesting it could open more opportunities for Sennheiser speech-enabled hearables and both true wireless and audiophile headphones."

But then again, maybe I'm wrong and it could go horribly bad, lol.

May 12, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #11,980 of 12,970
I think it's possible you may be overreacting a bit here, Sennheiser as a company isn't in danger of closing just because of the covid related sales slowdowns. They sold their gaming department to the Danish company EPOS in 2020, and it has gone well so far. And as far as this new deal selling off the consumer division to Sonova, I don't see any reason to ring any alarms yet either. They are one of the largest hearing device producers in the world, plus they are planning to work together with Sennheiser on a permanent basis. Below is a quote from THIS article:

"A permanent cooperation is planned under the joint Sennheiser brand umbrella in order to continue offering Sennheiser customers first-class audio solutions in the future," reads the brands' statement. They have also agreed a license agreement for future use of the Sennheiser brand. Sennheiser's co-CEOs were buoyed by the move, suggesting it could open more opportunities for Sennheiser speech-enabled hearables and both true wireless and audiophile headphones."

But then again, maybe I'm wrong and it could go horribly bad, lol.

I hope your right. I guess we will see how things go in the future.

May 18, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #11,982 of 12,970
get a used M100

May 22, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #11,985 of 12,970
I have the T5 3rd and the T5P 2nd. I have also owned the Teaks, Mahoganys and Purplehearts but not the Ebonys. As a long-time bass head, I have also owned the SZ2000 twice, the TH-900, Z1R and Campfire Cascades among many other bass head cans. By far my favorite presentation of bass comes from the 2 Beyers. I have also owned the T1 but, as open-backs, they just don't bring the deep slam that the closed backs do. The T5 3rd has the deeper subbass extension than the 2nd gen but not by a whole lot. Keep in mind that I use a Loki to add extra bass to both of them. They take the EQ beautifully. There are numerous times that I feel like the couch is shaking underneath me and kind of look around to see if something else did that :beyersmile:.

You are making me think long and hard about the T5.3. My Purplehearts broke after many of great service. I’ve been going thinking about the Cascade but my favorite open back headphone was the 1990 Pro so im leaning towards the Beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back