The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Apr 18, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #11,943 of 12,970
Hahah Well at the more affordable end, you could look at an Audeze LCD-2C or LCD-2 Closed back. Still might not be enough bass for you though. They have good impact, but not a huge amount of quantity..
I've recently tried LCD-2 Closed with Quad Quad PA-One+. This set is too bright for me. The bass is very nice, I really liked it, but highs have cut my ears. Are all planars so bright?

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #11,944 of 12,970
I've recently tried LCD-2 Closed with Quad Quad PA-One+. This set is too bright for me. The bass is very nice, I really liked it, but highs have cut my ears. Are all planars so bright?
As a guy that also has the M1060c (Open mod) and hates treble, the M1060c is good

Apr 19, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #11,948 of 12,970
Why no love here for B&W P9 it may not hit as hard as the Cascade but because of its smoother treble it sounds warmer and more bassy to my ears.
Probably because it's mostly bloated mid-bass

Apr 19, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #11,949 of 12,970
New to the hobby and looking for a bass head HP <$500 with good detail. Suggestions?

would it be possible to include prices in the top ten list? Maybe make a couple lists based on price range?

Are all the HP in the top ten list currently available?

Sub 500$? I asked the same thing, but apparently here, you need 1000$ just to get close to quality...

Apr 22, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #11,951 of 12,970
Try a pair of the now discontinued Mrspeakers Alpha Prime........Sublime!

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #11,952 of 12,970
Try a pair of the now discontinued Mrspeakers Alpha Prime........Sublime!
I've just read some reviews. Many of them tell about poor bass quantity. Also, I've found a lot of comparisons with LCD-2.2 which has more bass according to reviews. Does LCD-2.2 as bright as LCD-2 Closed? Looks like I'm looking for the darkest planar. I really loved LCD-2 Closed bass response compared to dynamic driver headphones. It's so deep and tight and without that annoying tube effect.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #11,953 of 12,970
I've just read some reviews. Many of them tell about poor bass quantity. Also, I've found a lot of comparisons with LCD-2.2 which has more bass according to reviews. Does LCD-2.2 as bright as LCD-2 Closed? Looks like I'm looking for the darkest planar. I really loved LCD-2 Closed bass response compared to dynamic driver headphones. It's so deep and tight and without that annoying tube effect.
Sorry for the VERY late reply! Nothing wrong with the bass on the Primes, that is if you want good balance across the frequencies.
Yes the LCD-2's will provide a little more bass, but you might lose out on the mid's and top end?

Apr 30, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #11,954 of 12,970
Hello everyone, hope that 2021 is treating you well! :L3000:

So, last August was the last time I did a leather conditioner treatment on my V-Moda Crossfade LP2 cans. I just got around to doing the next treatment, and took a couple of pictures. I gotta tell ya, this oil is thick and messy, can easily get everywhere else if your not careful. Tried to use a baby wipe to wipe up the oil that got on the sides where the chrome strip is, suffice to say, I don't think it will ever look like new again lol.

But what really matters most, is that the pads have been treated. If you don't treat the pads every 6-months to 12-months, they will dry out, and fall apart in short order. So if you want your pads to last, you gotta use condition those pads. I am just using the oil based conditioner from the Honey brand. A little bit on a mircro fiber cloth goes a long way, but I wanted to make sure to get enough on there.

FYI, after treating your pads, you have to let them absorb the oil and air dry for at least 8-hours, 24-hours is better if you can last that long.
11253694.jpg

IMG_2397.JPG

IMG_2402.JPG

I've been reading since page 700, and am not sure yet what other headphone to buy. I did find V-MODA Crossfade M-100 for $90 shipped on ebay, and I plan to buy your S.M.S.L SP200 Amp....so thanks for the advise. I'm still on the lookout for my ultimate daily. The V-MODA is a contender.

May 1, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #11,955 of 12,970
I've been reading since page 700, and am not sure yet what other headphone to buy. I did find V-MODA Crossfade M-100 for $90 shipped on ebay, and I plan to buy your S.M.S.L SP200 Amp....so thanks for the advise. I'm still on the lookout for my ultimate daily. The V-MODA is a contender.

Yo! Normally, I'd ask whats up, but its clear purchasing some new delicious audio gear is whats up lol. Sounds like your on your way to being On The Level. :L3000: I'm glad that I was able to help you find an amp, that I hope that you will really like! Will you be doing the volume knob mod, or just keeping it stock? $90.00 is a really good price for V-Moda M-100's! Those normally sell for $150.00 I think, my LP2's were $120 if I remember correctly. Hope your buying from a reputable seller, make sure that rating is good!

WOW dude, you been reading since page 700, somebody give this man a medal, he making most of ya look bad, I of course read the entire 797 pages, but thats cause I am obsessed with ADD. HAHA :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back