The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 30, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #10,951 of 12,970
Foobar2000 has a VST wrapper in order to load and use badass VST EQs...

Ahhhhh, this is very useful information. I will keep this in mind for future endeavours as right now I have everything I need. I want to master the flat 32 band EQ first, then move on to extracting power out of PEQ. If I do get good at that stuff, then I might roll with some of the more luxurious pricey stuff.

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #10,952 of 12,970
32-band graphic equalizer? Not time well spent if you are set on moving up to parametric EQ eventually, I say. A few minutes of learning how frequencies work together using a graphic equalizer is enough, parametric EQ is just the best, not to mention more precise and you will learn/gain more from it.

Aug 31, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #10,953 of 12,970
32-band graphic equalizer? Not time well spent if you are set on moving up to parametric EQ eventually, I say. A few minutes of learning how frequencies work together using a graphic equalizer is enough, parametric EQ is just the best, not to mention more precise and you will learn/gain more from it.

And very intimidating :p
You're right, I should make the jump.
But being able to set the centre frequency as well as the Q will take a lot of listening and practice to actually make that granularity useful.

Aug 31, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #10,954 of 12,970
Not THAT much at all.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #10,955 of 12,970
Foobar2000 for PC it's a good option. Neutron MP with 32 bands parametric Eq or UAPP are the best android players regarding quality and options and I tested all paid and free android music players.
Now I left my E12 and DAP in the drawer and using E10k for portable rig via usb and surprisingly the battery life last more than 6 hours.
JOgxcxf.jpg

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #10,956 of 12,970
Hey guys I was looking for some basshead or almost basshead cans that can also do good, like 8/10 rating, with competitive gaming. I've been researching and looking everywhere for days. I'm desperate! Are the Fostex TR-X00's a good choice? If so, I wouldn't be able to buy the full setup right now. Is there anything less expensive I can do temporarily? I listen to bass heavy EDM and sometimes I want guns and explosions to sound just a little bit more beefier even while playing FPS competitively. I could imagine this would be best with headphones that have to be EQ'd so you can choose between more competitive and more fun.

EDIT: Looking at the ath-ws1000is as a near-basshead level can that can comp game. Maybe with EQ they can hit pretty hard?

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #10,957 of 12,970
Hey guys I was looking for some basshead or almost basshead cans that can also do good, like 8/10 rating, with competitive gaming. I've been researching and looking everywhere for days. I'm desperate! Are the Fostex TR-X00's a good choice? If so, I wouldn't be able to buy the full setup right now. Is there anything less expensive I can do temporarily? I listen to bass heavy EDM and sometimes I want guns and explosions to sound just a little bit more beefier even while playing FPS competitively. I could imagine this would be best with headphones that have to be EQ'd so you can choose between more competitive and more fun.

EDIT: Looking at the ath-ws1000is as a near-basshead level can that can comp game. Maybe with EQ they can hit pretty hard?

Hmm, that's a hard combo. I love my Purplehearts, but for anything other than music, the treble and lower mids makes it uncomfortable. That's why I still use my DT 770s over them for anything other than music. But they won't get you anywhere close to basshead levels.

I believe the WS1000i is a tried and tested bass head can. I've never heard it myself, but I've seen it recc'd a lot. If you wanna go really cheap ATM, try the Turtle Beach Recon 200s. For £50 it natively does bass better than all the usual gaming cans that cost 2-3 times the price. Sure the resolution isn't amazing, but ha, it's definitely fun.
The Fidelio X2HR is also one I would probably choose - they're surprisingly bassey for an open, but nothing extreme. They're really wide though and sound awesome. Gaming is about dependent though and if you want laser sharp accuracy, you'd have to look elsewhere.

The Meze 99 Classics might be another one to look at too, it's like a superior MDR-1A from Sony which is one of my favourite cheap bass cans.

Sep 2, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #10,958 of 12,970
Hi all, don't know if these have been mentioned or recommended but these well and truly deserve to be put on the bass head can map.

These headphones are called nura phone > https://www.nuraphone.com/ and i think they ought to be put on the map and tried and tested because it does pack some serious rumble and punch while not drowning the rest of the frequency spectrum. when it is at 50% immersion not 100% otherwise it would drown the highs and mids out i.e. the whole frequency spectrum.

If these cans get tested for bass by people on here, i recommend you have them loud and have it 50% immersion setting because it is the sweet spot to bring out the bass to its full potential.

Dan.

69307925_10157523223192375_2291390951068794880_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #10,959 of 12,970
Hi all, don't know if these have been mentioned or recommended but these well and truly deserve to be put on the bass head can map.

These headphones are called nura phone > https://www.nuraphone.com/ and i think they ought to be put on the map and tried and tested because it does pack some serious rumble and punch while not drowning the rest of the frequency spectrum. when it is at 50% immersion not 100% otherwise it would drown the highs and mids out i.e. the whole frequency spectrum.

If these cans get tested for bass by people on here, i recommend you have them loud and have it 50% immersion setting because it is the sweet spot to bring out the bass to its full potential.

Dan.

I'm doubtful and unhopeful just from what reviewers have said about it - and I'm also too poor to try and get a set for testing. But hey, if someone has the dough and interest who knows what basshead levels actually are, it would be nice to know if they're a hidden gem.

Sep 2, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #10,960 of 12,970
We all hear differently, and thus these cans are designed to match your hearing.

If i was able to let you hear these i would, but these do sound good anyways since i am in the uk, you can pay the monthly subscription for £14 just to see if you like these cans or not.

If you do go pay a monthly subscription you can have them for 1 month and then cancel during that 1 month period.

So yea pay the monthly subscription and then cancel within 1 month period there is no contract.

They can be uncomfortable but you need a decent seal with these.

I have owned alot of headphones, about 20 and yeah these i class them as bass head cans.

You will know why i call them bass head cans they vibrate on your head and feel the bass, the air does move with these and it makes me feel breathless as it knocks the air out of my lung.

These cans have receive more praise then i know of.

I encourage people to test these for the bass seriously...please give them a go pay the monthly subscription then they will send you these headphones, cancel anytime and the catch is you have to send them back.

Dan.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #10,961 of 12,970

How Purplezorz said I recommend the Beyerdynamic.
For long gaming sessions comfort is a must with light weight and very spacious room around ears with soft pads are more comfortable less heat or with another material pads but changes a lot the sound

But it's impossible to reach basshead levels with Beyer's like the rest of cans in the first page.

I haven't been in gaming for some years and M100 it's not a good option compared with Beyer mostly in comfort and soundstage but some pro gamers use Iem's too so it's another option.

Sep 2, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #10,963 of 12,970
I'm doubtful and unhopeful just from what reviewers have said about it - and I'm also too poor to try and get a set for testing. But hey, if someone has the dough and interest who knows what basshead levels actually are, it would be nice to know if they're a hidden gem.

Personally no bollox, with my personal experience these headphones are all about the bass despite the reviews you do not trust.

I also own the meze classic 99, and between these and the meze i reach more for the nura phones.

Up to you if you pay £14 to test and see if you like them or not, but the bass i am confident will please you @ 50% immersion on the smart phone.

Dan.

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #10,964 of 12,970
I would love WS1100is if it weren't for the awful sibilance. Damn good can in general.

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #10,965 of 12,970
Hmm, that's a hard combo. I love my Purplehearts, but for anything other than music, the treble and lower mids makes it uncomfortable. That's why I still use my DT 770s over them for anything other than music. But they won't get you anywhere close to basshead levels.

I believe the WS1000i is a tried and tested bass head can. I've never heard it myself, but I've seen it recc'd a lot. If you wanna go really cheap ATM, try the Turtle Beach Recon 200s. For £50 it natively does bass better than all the usual gaming cans that cost 2-3 times the price. Sure the resolution isn't amazing, but ha, it's definitely fun.
The Fidelio X2HR is also one I would probably choose - they're surprisingly bassey for an open, but nothing extreme. They're really wide though and sound awesome. Gaming is about dependent though and if you want laser sharp accuracy, you'd have to look elsewhere.

The Meze 99 Classics might be another one to look at too, it's like a superior MDR-1A from Sony which is one of my favourite cheap bass cans.
Just got the WS1100is in and I'm freaking loving it. I'm gonna look into the Meze 99, the Fidelios, and some Beyers ASAP. Thank you everyone for your responses its working out really well for me!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back