The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 23, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #8,536 of 12,970
The 3 i have tried on Sz are stock with tp, hm5 sheeps, and xb1k pads. If you look back in thread i have pics of them and video.

Just to restate, including the stock and HM5 pads mentioned, (HM5s were Uber-comfy!) the pads scavenged from the JVC HA-M55X are still to me, THE BEST for SZ-2K bass slam. They are as a bonus, also more comfortable than the stock pads to boot!

Jan 23, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #8,537 of 12,970
Just to restate, including the stock and HM5 pads mentioned, (HM5s were Uber-comfy!) the pads scavenged from the JVC HA-M55X are still to me, THE BEST for SZ-2K bass slam. They are as a bonus, also more comfortable than the stock pads to boot!

Lets say best for now :p

I still wish to know from more about alphas and zmf pads as well. Cowhide is real thick relative to pleather and sheep. Rolling all those pads would be more than the can itself at some point though
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #8,541 of 12,970
I watched both of your videos and gave them a thumbs up on YouTube, and I'm genuinely interested in this iteration of the Skullcandy Crusher, thought the first one was gimmicky; this one looks more credible.
However, the only videos on this thread that will get any serious attention are ones that show the cans moving paper physically.  
popcorn.gif

Quote:
  we may have a new player in moar bass world

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #8,542 of 12,970

Good review, but better than a movie theater for movies>>?? :p

Lets not kid ourselves

Does look a hell of a lot better than the previous crusher. I hope the bass hits match the frequencies, or rather, hit on more than just a few notes. It was a bit choppy on the old one, but was a nice experience, and cant be found elsewhere/

I think this technology will stay and improve, and though not appealing to 'audiopphiles', they have their fans, and they're not far and few

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #8,547 of 12,970
Yeah, I had those XB950BT before briefly and I agree with his assessment that the bass is too muddy & dominant even with bass boost off, so if he's spot on about the Crusher Wireless having a cleaner sound, then I'm quite keen on hearing them and possibly picking up a pair.

but this guy said that the new crushers have more and a lot tighter bass than xb950b, that sound promising

Jan 24, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #8,549 of 12,970
Yes, that seems strange (but nice!) to me. Is it really working in passive mode, I wonder, or using the battery? With a forty hour battery when wireless and that tactical driver working, makes me wonder if it is just using the battery with the wire similar to how most wireless ANC cans also can have their ANC function activated when using it with a wire as well.

the other interesting thing is that the tactical driver works in passive mode
i don't know how they achieved that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back