The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 20, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #7,321 of 12,970

Looked at these? -----> http://www.modmic.com/collections/modmic/products/modmic-4-0-omni-directional

Oooooo.....  You Sir, are EVIL, and must be destroyed!  For shame Doc!  Showing me "shiney-things" like this that I will HAVE to buy now!  (Easily one if the cheapest recommendations I've ever seen here!)  LOL

Thank you very much!

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #7,322 of 12,970

No, I use pads from the SZ1k

I second the move to replace the stock pads!  I immediately replaced mine with JVC HAM55X pads pulled from an open box pair for less than $20 USD.  Amazon-dot-com has USED-Like New headphones today for $19.00 shipping via Amazon PRIME ($0 cost 2nd-day shipping if you are a PRIME member.)  They are AWESOME on the SZ2000!  Keeps the kinetic bass slam, but doesn't torture your ears.  :)  They are easy to pull off the HAM55X and slip onto the SZ2000.  Simply wipe them down with a gentle soap & water and then sterilize them, and you've got excellent quality pads for your SZ2000.

For the record, I also grabbed a set of the Brainwavs HM5 pads.  SUPER comfy.  Like pillows on your temples.  But they sacrifice too much kinetic slam, so I put them on the HAM55X and gave them to my wife to try.....  She won't return them now as they are the most comfy knock-around headphones in the house!

Also for the record, the HAM55X are bass-centric, lower-end headphones that are great with a mobile phone or MP3 player.  They have more bass capability than their build quality can handle, and end up buzzing if you try to go really hard with them.  For main stream with a little extra "oomf", they are fine.  My wife loves them.  LOL
Not the most resolving, or accurate cans, but lots of fun so long as you don't try to push the bass too far.

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #7,324 of 12,970
  I second the move to replace the stock pads!  I immediately replaced mine with JVC HAM55X pads pulled from an open box pair for less than $20 USD.  Amazon-dot-com has USED-Like New headphones today for $19.00 shipping via Amazon PRIME ($0 cost 2nd-day shipping if you are a PRIME member.)  They are AWESOME on the SZ2000!  Keeps the kinetic bass slam, but doesn't torture your ears.  :)  They are easy to pull off the HAM55X and slip onto the SZ2000.  Simply wipe them down with a gentle soap & water and then sterilize them, and you've got excellent quality pads for your SZ2000.

For the record, I also grabbed a set of the Brainwavs HM5 pads.  SUPER comfy.  Like pillows on your temples.  But they sacrifice too much kinetic slam, so I put them on the HAM55X and gave them to my wife to try.....  She won't return them now as they are the most comfy knock-around headphones in the house!

Also for the record, the HAM55X are bass-centric, lower-end headphones that are great with a mobile phone or MP3 player.  They have more bass capability than their build quality can handle, and end up buzzing if you try to go really hard with them.  For main stream with a little extra "oomf", they are fine.  My wife loves them.  LOL
Not the most resolving, or accurate cans, but lots of fun so long as you don't try to push the bass too far.

My SZ2k also have 55x pads.
I thought he was asking about the T1
redface.gif

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #7,325 of 12,970

I feel the same way.  I will not recommend them to anyone anymore unless impact isn't top priority

Can't believe how much force is being lost compared to the 55x pads.

I though v-moda had a boom mic that worked with everything?  I was gonna get it to use with my xbox one but decided on turtle beach wireless since I want to be completely wireless.

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #7,326 of 12,970

I feel the same way.  I will not recommend them to anyone anymore unless impact isn't top priority

Can't believe how much force is being lost compared to the 55x pads.

I though v-moda had a boom mic that worked with everything?  I was gonna get it to use with my xbox one but decided on turtle beach wireless since I want to be completely wireless.

I dont have Sz2k to reference, but I dont believe they have a removable cable for this to be viable? 

For reference, I use the v-moda boom mic every day and it is of great quality. (I've been told "You sound Crispy" lol) 

Jul 20, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #7,329 of 12,970

My SZ2k also have 55x pads.
I thought he was asking about the T1
redface.gif

I was.

I'm trying the Alpha pad earpads on my T1 right now, which are lambskin & they noticeably reduced the bass compared to the ZMF Cowhide.
I had ZMF protein leather earpads as well, which I think is the same as what Fostex uses & the JVC SZ2k. The protein pads further reduced the bass.

If anyone wants monster bass earpads, they should try the ZMF cowhide. The pads are much taller than the protein & lambskin pads. The cowhide is probably denser. When I squeeze the foam of the cowhide pads, it's consistency was different from the others as well.

They all add up to more bass.

Cowhide pads can be bought here for $49.99
http://www.zmfheadphones.com/order-the-zmf/zmfpads

Another basshead earpads that I never seen anyone try is this one
http://kennerton.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=91

The description for that was posted here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/756499/kennerton-presents-new-line-of-universal-replaceable-ear-pads
White with thick and tight leather and great isolation.

White version uses high density leather, so the sound will be more rigorous and assertive.

Might be the same as the ZMF Cowhide pads or might even be better. It's definitely on my list to try.

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #7,330 of 12,970
I was.

I'm trying the Alpha pad earpads on my T1 right now, which are lambskin & they noticeably reduced the bass compared to the ZMF Cowhide.
I had ZMF protein leather earpads as well, which I think is the same as what Fostex uses & the JVC SZ2k. The protein pads further reduced the bass.

If anyone wants monster bass earpads, they should try the ZMF cowhide. The pads are much taller than the protein & lambskin pads. The cowhide is probably denser. When I squeeze the foam of the cowhide pads, it's consistency was different from the others as well.

They all add up to more bass.

Cowhide pads can be bought here for $49.99
http://www.zmfheadphones.com/order-the-zmf/zmfpads

Another basshead earpads that I never seen anyone try is this one
http://kennerton.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=91

The description for that was posted here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/756499/kennerton-presents-new-line-of-universal-replaceable-ear-pads

Might be the same as the ZMF Cowhide pads or might even be better. It's definitely on my list to try.

MY BAD!

People start talking SZ1/2K and I get all happy. I just jumped the gun this time around...

Everything I said is still valid though, if you have SZs, feed them power and they will rock your world. If you want them, GET THEM! AMP THEM, "PAD" THEM, EQ THEM, & then prepare to be bass-slammed like nothing you've heard from a headphone ever before.

Can I get an AMEN from the bass head faithful?

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #7,331 of 12,970
MY BAD!

People start talking SZ1/2K and I get all happy. I just jumped the gun this time around...

Everything I said is still valid though, if you have SZs, feed them power and they will rock your world. If you want them, GET THEM! AMP THEM, "PAD" THEM, EQ THEM, & then prepare to be bass-slammed like nothing you've heard from a headphone ever before.

Can I get an AMEN from the bass head faithful?

I don't have either but I'll give you an AMEN because I want them. Is the SZ2k a significant upgrade over the 1k? The first post indicates that the 1k is less veiled (but not by much).

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #7,332 of 12,970
I don't have either but I'll give you an AMEN because I want them. Is the SZ2k a significant upgrade over the 1k? The first post indicates that the 1k is less veiled (but not by much).

Might need HBB to weigh-in on that one....  I've never heard them back to back, so I can't comment from personal experience myself.

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #7,333 of 12,970

The 1k is better out of the box and more comfortable. Easier to get the bass out of the way if you choose to do so. The difference between a full brass shield/tube and just tabs is noticeable.

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #7,334 of 12,970

The 1k is better out of the box and more comfortable. Easier to get the bass out of the way if you choose to do so. The difference between a full brass shield/tube and just tabs is noticeable.

HBB - did you have to actually burn in the SZ2000 to get the most bass? I haven't done any burn in yet, currently mainly just using it for gaming, movies and VR. Should I blast it with some extreme bass stuff to get it open up a bit more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back