The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 5, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #3,481 of 12,970
deleted

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #3,482 of 12,970
  Say hello to my pro 900's, forgot to mention they have couple mods
Are able to except Alpha dogs pads
Have a Senns 650 headband
ac3ee1ae_Pro9002.jpeg

Mine are nearly as sexy :wink:

Dear dude,
The Extreme Bass club requests for the benefit of all members and lurkers....a paper bass test using 1/2 of a A4 piece of paper using the wiz or new bass track to a level which you are comfortable with. A group youtube accounts password can be PM'd to you. 

Sincerely,
Chronic un treatable bass sufferer

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/1/18/100x100px-LS-18fb5390_ultrasone-pro900.jpeg[/img]
  1. zanderwebb
  2. badge_100.v1509773630.png
  4. offline
  1. 165 Posts. Joined 5/2014
  2. Location: Central Ohio, USA

"Dear dude,
The Extreme Bass club requests for the benefit of all members and lurkers....a paper bass test using 1/2 of a A4 piece of paper using the wiz or new bass track to a level which you are comfortable with. A group youtube accounts password can be PM'd to you. 

Sincerely,
Chronic un treatable bass sufferer"

I thought these might catch some interest :wink:
I accept your request and will try these out Wednesday  

K.....

Been like 10 months...
Can a brother get a video
deadhorse.gif

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #3,486 of 12,970
  I find the dt 990 pro to be quite the bass cannon with a proper amp

Though, they have good bass.  They are not what is consider cannons in this neck of the woods.  The same goes with the m50, dt770 80ohm, dxxxx line, and the likes. Don't get me wrong they are good headphones and I own the dt770 and d2000, but no where near "face melting bass cannons"  Was actually gonna make a video of the d2000 when I received them, cause of the rumors that I have heard, but was a let down in the sense of what we are doing here in this place.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #3,487 of 12,970

​

​

@kilspeed111  You're Gladiator is Beats Detox. I have the Youtube account to host your display. Please prepare your gladiator with the same Wiz track.  Or you use your Beats track and me and cb come back at you bro

I don't own the beats pro detox anymore, sold it about 5 days ago. Got myself a sennheiser HD800 and called it a day.
I have bought the JVC HA-MR77X though. Or well, got it gifted to me by my GF.
Oh, and I found out the reason why the mad dog test failed so hard. The ALO rxMKii is a garbage amp. They don't distort a little bit, not even when powered by my Schiit asgard2. Also, I can safely turn the Asgard2 to full power on the JVC. When I don't have it on my head, the plastic vibrates though. My JVCs are unmodded, as I've never modded a headphone before, and this seems too tricky for me to pull off.

Edit: Typo

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #3,489 of 12,970
Goddammit, these SZ2K's are tricky bastards. I want to love them, and sometimes I do, but theyre just not perfect. I keep going back and forth on the fence about keeping them or not. It's fun to experience the bass they offer, but that's about it IMO. Just a fun thing occasionally, but sure as hell not a pair to take around regularly or use as my main pair. Urrgh. Also seems like sometimes they just perform great when they want even if the bass in the song is perfect. Maybe if they were cheaper I wouldn't mind. Idk. Just had to put this out there and give my $.02

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #3,490 of 12,970
Goddammit, these SZ2K's are tricky bastards. I want to love them, and sometimes I do, but theyre just not perfect. I keep going back and forth on the fence about keeping them or not. It's fun to experience the bass they offer, but that's about it IMO. Just a fun thing occasionally, but sure as hell not a pair to take around regularly or use as my main pair. Urrgh. Also seems like sometimes they just perform great when they want even if the bass in the song is perfect. Maybe if they were cheaper I wouldn't mind. Idk. Just had to put this out there and give my $.02

@bsmith203

Negative, I don't think there are a pair of cans that can put out the low end cleaner than the SZ 2000's. I'm 36 years old and have been a bass head since the late 80's when I was 8 years old and my neighbors had six fifteens in his car and would take me for cruises with him. I've been through numerous car audio and home systems and as I've gotten older my listening habits have had to change as I have kids now and can't gut an entire car to "wall it off" anymore. Having attended and competed in a various car audio competitions, these cans are what we call "SQL", meaning they get loud but do it cleanly over a large frequency spectrum. Are they meant for any other genre other than edm, hip hop, trance, and techno? I would say no, because the mid range is very recessed and the sound stage is not as wide as I've heard from other cans in the same price range (eg. UE 9000, however to me these had absolutely no low end at all even after 100 hours of break end time). My post is simply to save someone on the fence extra cash out of there pocket searching for the ultimate set of bass cans. At this point when paired with proper amplification they can't be beat. So my quest is over for pure, clean, undistorted headphone bass as the SZ 2000 just stomps all over my headphone collection.

This was posted in the SZ thread and is about as clear as you can hit a nail on a head.
If you come out of Car Audio (SPL /dB Drag type competition) the feeling is a part that is not optional. Tuning for certain presentations : Competition, personal listening is not work it's just the reality of using hyper equipment for non hyper use.

You can see my playlists on my X5 vids...2pac to Steely Dan. I listen to it all on these but some genre would be better on open backs.

Don't fight the feeling bro. They were not for you. It happens to every can on this site and it happens all the time.
Ni biggie. The sooner you move on the sooner you get to where you wanna be.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #3,493 of 12,970
@bsmith203

This was posted in the SZ thread and is about as clear as you can hit a nail on a head.
If you come out of Car Audio (SPL /dB Drag type competition) the feeling is a part that is not optional. Tuning for certain presentations : Competition, personal listening is not work it's just the reality of using hyper equipment for non hyper use.

You can see my playlists on my X5 vids...2pac to Steely Dan. I listen to it all on these but some genre would be better on open backs.

Don't fight the feeling bro. They were not for you. It happens to every can on this site and it happens all the time.
Ni biggie. The sooner you move on the sooner you get to where you wanna be.

I know what you mean. I'm also trying to get rid of them by selling them wherever I can, but no bites so far :frowning2: In the meantime I take them out sometimes, but it's disappointing to me. I can see how others love them, but they're just not for me... I feeling I know too well. I just want clear and forward mids, decent enough highs, and slamming bass when it's needed. The main problem I have with the 2k's is that it just sounds too recessed. It sounds muffled to me, like everything sounds dead and the mids and highs don't have any emphasis or sound lively. I don't listen to rock, jazz, or other genres based around mids and highs. But the electronic music I listen to has plenty of mids and highs, along with lots of bass.
I want something where everything sounds alive and clear, but when the bass comes in, it just shakes your head like the SZ2K's.
It's that an unrealistic thing I'm looking for? I know it can be done with home audio because you can build a system depending on what sound qualities you want, but is there a set of headphones that meet what I want?

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #3,494 of 12,970
I know what you mean. I'm also trying to get rid of them by selling them wherever I can, but no bites so far
frown.gif
In the meantime I take them out sometimes, but it's disappointing to me. I can see how others love them, but they're just not for me... I feeling I know too well. I just want clear and forward mids, decent enough highs, and slamming bass when it's needed. The main problem I have with the 2k's is that it just sounds too recessed. It sounds muffled to me, like everything sounds dead and the mids and highs don't have any emphasis or sound lively. I don't listen to rock, jazz, or other genres based around mids and highs. But the electronic music I listen to has plenty of mids and highs, along with lots of bass.
I want something where everything sounds alive and clear, but when the bass comes in, it just shakes your head like the SZ2K's.
It's that an unrealistic thing I'm looking for? I know it can be done with home audio because you can build a system depending on what sound qualities you want, but is there a set of headphones that meet what I want?

Good EQ can get you that out of the sz2000's if you have it: Here's my EQ curve for "normal" (not super-bass) listening with the SZ (parametric EQ needed, I can share settings if requested):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back