The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 11, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #10,591 of 12,970
Cheapest one’s I’ve seen are about $400 on eBay and Amazon for used. $1000 for new.

When I first got mine about 3 yrs ago they were $220.

When this thread was born only JVC in Canada and 1 more (not Japan) had info i could find and pics i could download showing Kelton method and stuff. 6 months later J.V.C Japan was posting this on it's website banner front and center. They noted the sudden sales and smartly took the chance to unload overstock on a community they had not even considered....us....bassheads.

$1000......damn.

Keeping mine forever.

Oct 11, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #10,592 of 12,970
Cheapest one’s I’ve seen are about $400 on eBay and Amazon for used. $1000 for new.

When I first got mine about 3 yrs ago they were $220.

I sold my (used) pair a few months ago for financial reasons and immediately regretted it. Money improved so I went looking for another pair and found what you are seeing (prices way up there). I found a used pair located in Japan on Ebay for an okay price and decided to buy. The seller informed me that that pair had sold and that he had another pair in good condition, but no box. The price was reduced and I purchased that pair. The seller then informed me he just sold that pair and refunded my money. I was resigned to waiting for another used pair to show up, when the seller informed me he received another pair, with the box and would sell them for the same price. I figured, "What the heck - as long as he refunds my money if it falls through" and bought them. They arrived within a week (great shipping from Japan) and when I unpacked them, found that they were brand new, the original seal intact, everything in perfect, unused condition. Score! Final price - $290

TL/DR I scored a new pair for less than $300...

Oct 11, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #10,593 of 12,970
I sold my (used) pair a few months ago for financial reasons and immediately regretted it. Money improved so I went looking for another pair and found what you are seeing (prices way up there). I found a used pair located in Japan on Ebay for an okay price and decided to buy. The seller informed me that that pair had sold and that he had another pair in good condition, but no box. The price was reduced and I purchased that pair. The seller then informed me he just sold that pair and refunded my money. I was resigned to waiting for another used pair to show up, when the seller informed me he received another pair, with the box and would sell them for the same price. I figured, "What the heck - as long as he refunds my money if it falls through" and bought them. They arrived within a week (great shipping from Japan) and when I unpacked them, found that they were brand new, the original seal intact, everything in perfect, unused condition. Score! Final price - $290

TL/DR I scored a new pair for less than $300...

Nice! I’ve actually got mine for sale off and on. Financial reasons and all but I think I’d regret selling once things clear up a bit. They’re on Amazon for $600 so I can’t turn that down though haha.

Recently sold my XB90 for $200 (bought new for $80). I absolutely loved those, but will likely upgrade to the ex800st when times are better. Just hope I can get to em before their price inevitably skyrockets like the other Japanese gems!

Oct 11, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #10,594 of 12,970
When this thread was born only JVC in Canada and 1 more (not Japan) had info i could find and pics i could download showing Kelton method and stuff. 6 months later J.V.C Japan was posting this on it's website banner front and center. They noted the sudden sales and smartly took the chance to unload overstock on a community they had not even considered....us....bassheads.

$1000......damn.

Keeping mine forever.
hd 630vb selling for $250 on amazon.com

what do you think they are worth, and is there anything better?

i listened to crystal methods high roller and the beep in the song was sibilant, and of course the wired cable is a big no no for me.

Oct 13, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #10,596 of 12,970
guys, ayone here want to let go his vmoda m100?

Oct 14, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #10,599 of 12,970

It's the re-branded RBH set that I missed out on
Kept lookin
BAM!!

Great, I already have the RBH HP-2, so I have these already, in effect? :D

EDIT: Oooo and $199.99 on Amazon, glad I got the RBH HP-2 when they were $139, direct from RBH.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #10,600 of 12,970
Great, I already have the RBH HP-2, so I have these already, in effect? :D

EDIT: Oooo and $199.99 on Amazon, glad I got the RBH HP-2 when they were $139, direct from RBH.

Yeah I missed the RBH and then when I was ready they were discontinued. There is another BT version in Europe but I don't use wired cans with BT chips. Like in line remotes on cables....nope...nope

Oct 14, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #10,601 of 12,970
Yeah I missed the RBH and then when I was ready they were discontinued. There is another BT version in Europe but I don't use wired cans with BT chips. Like in line remotes on cables....nope...nope

If you ever get some, they are my go to cans and I am currently travelling Europe with them.

I replaced stock pads with ZMF Cowhide OVAL pads on my RBH HP-2's. They are freaking amazing. The Cowhides really make them next level.

Oct 14, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #10,602 of 12,970
If you ever get some, they are my go to cans and I am currently travelling Europe with them.

I replaced stock pads with ZMF Cowhide OVAL pads on my RBH HP-2's. They are freaking amazing. The Cowhides really make them next level.

I got em now. Just a different name same cans. Need me some cowhide though

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #10,604 of 12,970

It's the re-branded RBH set that I missed out on
Kept lookin
BAM!!

Hype! Tempted to try and get these imported (UK), but I can't justify it because of my V-Moda M100s.
Hopefully this becomes more wide spread and stable and as a result, easier to acquire in the future >=D

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #10,605 of 12,970
I've ordered those urbanfun cans straight after the video. These sound like my kind of cans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back