The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 31, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #10,531 of 12,962
hawaii badboy aka bass god recd hp2s to me but i didnt buy because of lack of reviews / bad reviews.

theres alot of **** headphones out there. i feel lucky my hd500s are still going 13 years later.

i bought ws1100is which are 50% off. with 3.5 db bass boost from an amp, they have enough bass on creeds human clay but not enough on bon jovis new jerseys or acdc highway to hell
Of course, I am always attentive to what he says and tries @HBB, given his reputation and tastes in the extreme bass, although I do not remember him having and talking about the RBH-HP2! Maybe I missed it ...

I find it strange that I did not find positive reviews, because there are several on the web and right here. I am aware that, maybe it does not appear in the top 10 of extreme low but, several people have experimented with them (eq and amplification) obtaining good results. I love my SZ2000 but, it is difficult for me in matters of portability.

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #10,532 of 12,962
Of course, I am always attentive to what he says and tries @HBB, given his reputation and tastes in the extreme bass, although I do not remember him having and talking about the RBH-HP2! Maybe I missed it ...

I find it strange that I did not find positive reviews, because there are several on the web and right here. I am aware that, maybe it does not appear in the top 10 of extreme low but, several people have experimented with them (eq and amplification) obtaining good results. I love my SZ2000 but, it is difficult for me in matters of portability.

I have The RBH HP2 and can attest to its bass. Using the Vorzuge Vorzamp Duo or Duo II, it sounds like a subwoofer is on your head. It takes ridiculous amounts of bass boost. I will start a tour of them if there is interest. This tour would be with the Vorzuge Vorzamp Duo or Duo II. I have both, the Duo has 15 dB of bass boost centered at 18 hz, the Duo II has only 12 dB. Both have treble boost (slight) as well. I tend to prefer the Duo II as most of my over ears can’t handle the 15 dB of the regular Duo.

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #10,533 of 12,962

yes hawaii said hp2 have more bass than ws1100

Aug 1, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #10,534 of 12,962
I have The RBH HP2 and can attest to its bass. Using the Vorzuge Vorzamp Duo or Duo II, it sounds like a subwoofer is on your head. It takes ridiculous amounts of bass boost. I will start a tour of them if there is interest. This tour would be with the Vorzuge Vorzamp Duo or Duo II. I have both, the Duo has 15 dB of bass boost centered at 18 hz, the Duo II has only 12 dB. Both have treble boost (slight) as well. I tend to prefer the Duo II as most of my over ears can’t handle the 15 dB of the regular Duo.
@ talan7, I know and I totally believe him. Precisely, by such statement of his, I became interested in them. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find ones nowadays, since they were discontinued by the supplier. The M & O that are your replacement, can not be sent to my country.

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #10,535 of 12,962
I just ordered the Fostex TRX-00 Ebony.

I will say that the HE4xx with the Shiit Magna 3 and the Shiit Loki equalizer will vibrate around on your face w clean bass quite nicely though .

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #10,536 of 12,962
Hi friends, I'm new here. I have a ws1100is headset. I am using pc motherboard with realtek alc1150. Soundblaster X-fi mb3 software.

Do I need dac and amp for this headset? Priority is on the desktop.

I am looking for a price performance product and a dac amp to make a difference.

This headset has a 53mm drive.

How do you best balance this headset?

Use most efficiently.

It is important not to drive, but to make a difference.

thanks cheers

Aug 22, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #10,537 of 12,962
Hi friends, I'm new here. I have a ws1100is headset. I am using pc motherboard with realtek alc1150. Soundblaster X-fi mb3 software.

Do I need dac and amp for this headset? Priority is on the desktop.

I am looking for a price performance product and a dac amp to make a difference.

This headset has a 53mm drive.

How do you best balance this headset?

Use most efficiently.

It is important not to drive, but to make a difference.

thanks cheers

Depends what you're after...i would be perfectly satisfied with what you have atm...if you want to try something else, buy some schiit amp (or some other in 100e region) and compare differences..

Aug 22, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #10,538 of 12,962
Depends what you're after...i would be perfectly satisfied with what you have atm...if you want to try something else, buy some schiit amp (or some other in 100e region) and compare differences..
we can get the most out of what we use with these headphones. Ws1100is Do you have headphones and what do you use.

Bass is good and deep. I do not need extra bass
I only have x-fi mb3 software on my current ws1100is headset and motherboard.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #10,539 of 12,962
we can get the most out of what we use with these headphones. Ws1100is Do you have headphones and what do you use.

Bass is good and deep. I do not need extra bass
I only have x-fi mb3 software on my current ws1100is headset and motherboard.

If these are your first real headphones - you started with some very very good ones. It will be hard to sidegrade or upgrade, you will have to explore a lot, in order to check if there are some other that might suit your taste better.
I have Technics RP-DH1200 and i am currently okay with them - you will have to wait for advice, from someone that is legit in this hobby, unlike me :)

Aug 24, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #10,543 of 12,962
@Hawaiibadboy Lemme start by saying that I sorely miss your extreme bass adventures (you might remember one time you began walking me through the process of modifying a pair of ha-mr77xs). Now that the JVC SZ2000s have become a priceless rarity (the prices for used SZ2000s are astronomical!), is there anything novel or exciting going on in the world of bass headphones? What do you think of the bluetooth bass-oriented (XX series) headphones that JVC has been coming out with? Are any of them worthwhile? It seems like overall most of the headphone companies have stopped caring about basshead audiophiles. Even Fiio has stopped incorporating hardware bass boost into their amps. What gives?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #10,544 of 12,962
I just ordered the Fostex TRX-00 Ebony.

I will say that the HE4xx with the Shiit Magna 3 and the Shiit Loki equalizer will vibrate around on your face w clean bass quite nicely though .

Schiit Loki? Heck yeah. I’ve been out of the forums for a while just enjoying my mimby—> iCAN—>mahogany X00. Always wanted a stand-alone hardware EQ, but had a lot of trouble finding one and kinda gave up as software eq sufficed. can’t believe I just discovered the Schiit here though. Christmas is coming early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back