The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Nov 21, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #10,126 of 12,970
IMG_20171121_152813.jpg

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #10,127 of 12,970
Nov 21, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #10,129 of 12,970
thanks, i like them, they sound similar to the XB700 but just more refined, the treble is a lot better thought
Yeah the XB700 supposedly had more bass and the XB1000 was more refined. But dang I wish I could get an XB1000 with the giant pillows and 70mm drivers blowing lush refined bass into your ears.

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #10,132 of 12,970
My DXB-04 came in today. Plugged them first thing into the Mimby stack with stock cable+6.35mm adapter, the sound came out all distorted and tinny like it was immersed in a pool. Then I figured the adapter was degrading the signal when I tested my phone with the stock cable. So I plugged my HD700 cables into it and back into the Mimby and WOW, the bass on these headphones are so clean with no roll off at all, the mids and treble have some great clarity as well and the bass doesn't bleed into the mids either. HOLY for the price these are a steal. I auditioned the Lasmex L-90s and some others for a under 100 closed back and these completely blow them all out of the water. Build wise, a little creaky with the thin metal frame and why would they make the headphones 360 swivel -_-. Pads suck and hug my ears so they gotta go as well. I would recommend definitely recommend them at this price point.

Nov 21, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #10,133 of 12,970
Yeah the XB700 supposedly had more bass and the XB1000 was more refined. But dang I wish I could get an XB1000 with the giant pillows and 70mm drivers blowing lush refined bass into your ears.

Not to hate on the xn1k, but buying a used one IMO is not a good idea. I got mine new, and luckily got a set of OEM pads a few years later which are pretty much impossible to get. The old set i used to experiment with and eventually opened them up to see what can be absorbed into the pads over time. So, think about that when buying used, because those fat foam pillows absorb a lot, its some cheap pleather. They will like other Sony pads deteriorate over time. You can get the CHINA ones, which vary in quality. But they are inferior to OEM, which are not that great to begin with.

Secondly, these i believe were all mylar (PET) 70mm, and at that size with such a cheap material you do get breakup. As much as i love the 70mm, these are nowhere the same as the magnesium+LCP 70mm of today. But I guess without the original, maybe the z1r won't exist. IIRC the z7 is LCP diaphragm, and superior as well to xb1000. Not sure about m900.

Anyway, for those considering it at 250US-300US used as i see like a few on ebay, think twice. IMO a TH-X00 would be smarter choice. Even something like a dt770 80 ohm for general music listening, and TBH i often find beyers more comfy for long term (2hour plus listening). They also are massive and can't turn your head, those connectors hit shoulders.

But in photo, you're like whoa.... must have must have for my 90s music.

10903652_871269296236712_122160738_n.jpg

I mean how can one resist? Right. But IMO, resist used pairs and move on. A new one? Sure, if you can find one. Worth it at new price? IMO, no.

If you have something like a th-x00 and want to consider xb1k used, i'd say get Lawton cup/mods instead with the money. Thats what i would probably do.

Don't get me wrong, i LOVEthe xb1k. It was just better in fantasy than reality. In conclusion, think twice before buying it used. :D

Nov 21, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #10,134 of 12,970
they can be used with normal brainwavz pads, i had a chat with a owner yesterday and he said that with normal pads they hit harder, i am waiting very nice pads from aliexpress so if something happen with the stock pads i will try aftermarket leather pads

Nov 21, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #10,136 of 12,970
Hey Bass heads. I got around building my prototype copper silver mix interconnect. I used Canare plugs and those ebay cables. I was pretty happy with the silver foil cables, but with the copper mixed in........it's on a different level. I had my buddy listen the SZ's and AB'ing just the interconnect. And even he could tell an instant difference between the two. With the new cable I had to reduce my EQ in the 14K range by a few db's. The bass and subbass has way more impact now. This is the most I have spend on a simple interconnect and feel silly spending the money on building myself one. I also have Viablue connectors coming in, so the cost will go up again. The things I do for bass!
Now I can only imagine what will happen with the JVC sz1k when upgrading the cable with this hybrid. But I'm still working on my house, so I have no clue when the cable upgrade will happen.

20171121_160537.jpg

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #10,137 of 12,970
they can be used with normal brainwavz pads, i had a chat with a owner yesterday and he said that with normal pads they hit harder, i am waiting very nice pads from aliexpress so if something happen with the stock pads i will try aftermarket leather pads

That might be me you spoke to. :p Or maybe not. SOmeone messaged me about it yesterday , and i said hm5 sheeps with result in bigger impact. I also tried the sz1000 pads, which with a beyerdynamic foam disc worked. hm5 sheepskin was better for me though. Though, the original pads will result in more spaciousness, and thus, somewhat less impact.

That is mine yes. I put the sheepskin hm5, after @Hawaiibadboy thought shallower pads would result in better hit, as the original pads absorb lot of the bass. Which is to some degree, true. The sheepskin hm5 also result in a fit that doesn't look as ridiculous. It looks like a normal headphone believe it or not. The actual cups are quite thin. I was very surprised :xf_eek:

They look normal enough to take on a bus. Yes, that is right, xb1k can be taken even on bus. But, they still would leak a bit, so at normal volume perhaps.

I found them to be quite comfy as well with the sheeps. Its an option I will go with when my original (2nd set) of pads deteriorate. A warning though, be careful when removing the original pads, the magnet can suck the screw towards centre. Make sure you put removable tape or something over the grille incase.

sbs.gif

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #10,139 of 12,970
My DXB-04 came in today. Plugged them first thing into the Mimby stack with stock cable+6.35mm adapter, the sound came out all distorted and tinny like it was immersed in a pool. Then I figured the adapter was degrading the signal when I tested my phone with the stock cable. So I plugged my HD700 cables into it and back into the Mimby and WOW, the bass on these headphones are so clean with no roll off at all, the mids and treble have some great clarity as well and the bass doesn't bleed into the mids either. HOLY for the price these are a steal. I auditioned the Lasmex L-90s and some others for a under 100 closed back and these completely blow them all out of the water. Build wise, a little creaky with the thin metal frame and why would they make the headphones 360 swivel -_-. Pads suck and hug my ears so they gotta go as well. I would recommend definitely recommend them at this price point.
20171120_094258_001[1].jpg

They took a iDSD BL and a big bass slope with no probs. They are not bassy but can go full ghetto bass is asked to. I changed the pads

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #10,140 of 12,970
had some shortage of cable and the 3.5 mm jack on sz2000 is slighty bent, do you know how to more easily get it in place with less chance of damage it

probably some videos about it, still wanted to ask here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back