The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Sep 13, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #9,886 of 12,970
When I do end up with some Kannons, I'll probably order a set of those skins for the M40x and the M50x and see if they work. Could be interesting, maybe some carbon Kannons.

The closer I look the less it seems like it is a re-tooled ATH. Lotta subtle differences. Pretty sure the skin idea would not work.

Sep 13, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #9,887 of 12,970
The closer I look the less it seems like it is a re-tooled ATH. Lotta subtle differences. Pretty sure the skin idea would not work.

All good, it still a nice looking headphone without a skin. I just don't know what I'm going to tell my SZ2k's when I do eventually end up with the Kannons and have to move the SZ2k's to my secondary headphone stand and give the Kannons the spot on the main stand, lol.

Sep 13, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #9,888 of 12,970
I keep my SZ

Defending champ for 4 years

4 years ago folks were calling the Ultrasone 900, Q40 and many many others cannons. Then SZ came and redefined that term
The KANNON on my head were partly inspired by what the SZ could do with low freq energy.

Those other cans inspired nothing.

SZ ridah 4 eva

giphy.gif

Sep 13, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #9,889 of 12,970
I keep my SZ

Defending champ for 4 years

4 years ago folks were calling the Ultrasone 900, Q40 and many many others cannons. Then SZ came and redefined that term
The KANNON on my head were partly inspired by what the SZ could do with low freq energy.

Those other cans inspired nothing.

SZ ridah 4 eva

giphy.gif

Oh, I'm not moving them to the cabinet, or even worse, ebay, lol. I'll never ever sell them. I just keep my 2 primary listening over ears on one stand. Right now it's my Monolith M1060's (You still really need to hear a set of those, list-worthy maybe) and my SZ2000's. But if the Kannons are the new King of Bass, then the SZ's will have to move to #2 stand, lol.

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #9,890 of 12,970
M40x's are not bad but it would be cool that maybe in the future, Kannon can make modular versions that can be added fitted to other models of headphones. That might be THE game changer for their business model and possibly have a line of their own drivers or another joint venture, maybe this time with fostex...? :) (assuming the current kannons have the audio technica drivers)

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #9,892 of 12,970
Sep 16, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #9,900 of 12,970
Thats what made the decision to buy one over the other, so darn confusion.

I have never seen that. Its always, "yes this has more bass over that."

Like "yes a HD700 has more bass than a HD800"

Or "yes a v moda m100 has more bass than a sennheiser hd25"

I dont get how this happens, other than some of the drivers being off, or a "dud" that doesnt sound like it should..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back